Novel CoronaVirus (COVID-19) Updates & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sollie

Executive Member
The one-child policy was only enforced for families registered as living in major cities. I personally have never met a Chinese family with only one child. Most have two or three children. The old policy also allowed a parent who was an only child to have two children. This meant that even if the policy was strictly enforced it didn't mean that families living in cities were limited to having one child.
Plenty more of this out there:

It's not my theory and my theory alone ... ;)

Norrad

Plenty more of this out there:

It's not my theory and my theory alone ... ;)
Sketchy site that. Like I said the one-child policy was very rarely enforced and there were always ways around it. Many families never formally registered the fact that they were permanently living in cities and kept their rural hometowns as their registered homes so that they could then have more than one child. As I mentioned if the parents themselves were single children, then even if they lived in cities they weren't affected by the one-child policy. I worked in China for almost five years and I very rarely met any single child families during my time there. It always surprised me.

The problems with the aging population is a more East Asian thing than anything else. They just aren't pumping out kids anymore. Japan, Korea and China are all in the same predicament and Japan and Korea never had a one-child policy. Hell Japan is offering incentives to have more children at the moment.

The Indian subcontinent and South East Asia are different and they seem to outpace rabbits in population growth... a lot like here in Africa.

Polymathic

Honorary Master
Corono chan and Ebola chan Hentai :coffee:
Burn this thread
Sketchy site that. Like I said the one-child policy was very rarely enforced and there were always ways around it. Many families never formally registered the fact that they were permanently living in cities and kept their rural hometowns as their registered homes so that they could then have more than one child. As I mentioned if the parents themselves were single children, then even if they lived in cities they weren't affected by the one-child policy. I worked in China for almost five years and I very rarely met any single child families during my time there. It always surprised me.

The problems with the aging population is a more East Asian thing than anything else. They just aren't pumping out kids anymore. Japan, Korea and China are all in the same predicament and Japan and Korea never had a one-child policy. Hell Japan is offering incentives to have more children at the moment.

The Indian subcontinent and South East Asia are different and they seem to outpace rabbits in population growth... a lot like here in Africa.
India and China have always the most populous regions on planet Earth, basically for the entirety of human history probably only ever overtaken by the west during the industrial revolution. China tried to artificially limit its population with the one child policy.

India and Bangladesh's current population growth is at 1% and so is most of SE Asia seems like you pulled that fact out your ass

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Wow... Will wait until Monday/Tuesday for confirmation, but it seems as if things are really getting worse...

...where's the nearest emergency escape pod?

Norrad

India and Bangladesh's current population growth is at 1% and so is most of SE Asia seems like you pulled that fact out your ass
Notice the population growth charts on China, Korea and Japan are leveling out with Japan going down. While India and the Philippines are on their way to the moon? India outpaced China's population growth by a huge margin.

china.png
korea.png
japan.png
india.png
philippines.png

Norrad

Those are graphs of total population.
Which shows that India, South East Asia and Africa still outbreed the rest at a rate of knots when compared to East Asia and the rest of the developed world. Your graphs show the birth rate decrease year on year. Not that the actual birth rate is that low. There is a downward trend worldwide.

Here are the birth rates for each of those countries with the US thrown in for good measure as an example of what is happening in the developed world. Thailand is pretty much the only South East Asian country that is bucking the trend and has a lower birth rate than most developed countries and that's probably because most Thai men become ladyboys anyway :ROFL:

births.jpg

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
There's a coronavirus floating around on this forum, seems it is limited to the TK and a select few threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.