Novel CoronaVirus (COVID-19) Updates & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Just remember that not all ARV's are equal. I think the gold standard today is some like Trelavu (not sure about spelling). Drugs like those have very few side effects. That is why HIV these days is considered such a manageable disease. One pill a day and most people become U=U thanks to that single pill a day. Then you have the older generation of drugs of course which I think might be in use still by goverment for state patients etc.
I see so, seems the PrEP is the killer. Cause that's what I had, it was strong stuff. First day I felt really really light headed, will say by the third week I did feel pretty normal.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
I see so, seems the PrEP is the killer. Cause that's what I had, it was strong stuff. First day I felt really really light headed, will say by the third week I did feel pretty normal.
No....Prep is the poll you take in a long term basis as a daily thing to prevent HIV. It contains two active ingredients. PEP is what you would have been given is different.

I am on Prep and no side effects.

rietrot

Honorary Master
It won't, just because Linus Pauling said it would back in the 70s doesn't mean it will, lots of studies have shown Vitamin C does squat against even the common cold, which corona virus is actually a mutation from on strain of that.
Link these studies

Polymathic

Honorary Master
No....Prep is the poll you take in a long term basis as a daily thing to prevent HIV. It contains two active ingredients. PEP is what you would have been given is different.

You + ?

Chris_the_Brit

High Tory
How Many People Might One Person With Coronavirus Infect?

When an infection erupts the way coronavirus has exploded in Wuhan, China, and elsewhere in the world, public-health experts try to gauge the potential for an epidemic—or, worse, a pandemic—by calculating the pathogen’s basic reproduction number.

The figure, generally written as R0 and pronounced “R naught,” is an estimate of how many healthy people one contagious person will infect. Because viruses spread exponentially, a few cases can quickly blow up to an overwhelming number. An R0 of two suggests a single infection will, on average, become two, then four, then eight.
Because the disease, which experts have named Covid-19, is infecting humans for the first time, there is no conferred immunity from previous exposure or vaccination. Everyone can potentially catch it, and, according to the MRC Centre for Global Infectious Disease Analysis at Imperial College London, the virus has an R0 of 1.5 to 3.5.

“Right now, coronavirus is much more of a concern than SARS ever was,” said Steven Riley, a professor of infectious-disease dynamics at Imperial College, referring to the global outbreak in 2003, when 8,096 people got sick and 774 died. “The main reason is our estimate of the number of people who are currently infectious is higher than the maximum who were ever infectious at one time with SARS.”

Covid-19 and severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS, are both caused by coronaviruses, a family of viruses that causes infections ranging from the common cold to severe respiratory illness.

So far, China’s national health commission has reported more than 59,000 cases of Covid-19 and at least 1,300 deaths. In addition, at least 447 cases have been confirmed in 24 other countries, according to the World Health Organization, including 15 infections in the U.S.

Because many cases go undetected, the actual total is probably far higher.

Monitoring in China is likely picking up 10% or less of all infections there, according to Neil Ferguson, director of the MRC Centre. In other countries, it’s probably picking up around 25%.

“Where we’ll look next is Hong Kong and Singapore,” Dr. Riley said. “We may see a growth phase there next,” although, he added, researchers haven’t yet seen exponential growth outside of mainland China.
“I think it is likely we’ll see a global pandemic,” said Marc Lipsitch, a professor of epidemiology at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. “If a pandemic happens, 40% to 70% of people world-wide are likely to be infected in the coming year. What proportion of those will be symptomatic, I can’t give a good number.”

Jings

Treasure Maker
I was placed on ARVS in 2018 after being covered in blood from a smash and grab. It does not give energy, in fact that month of ARVS was hell.
When you're not HIV positive I can imagine it would be hell. A brother of mine is positive and the ARV's give him lots of energy.

Lupus

Honorary Master

Aaah thanks for letting me know :). I don't know which one. It was the one they give you when you get exposed.

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
And apparently spreading in Japan as well.

Also waiting for confirmation on that one.

Sources : r/Coronavirus (reddit)

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
every time I see this thread pop up I see Novel in the heading and think back to my good ole days working for IBM in London in the '90s with Novell Servers.
i'm sure even @jannievanzyl remembers the old Token Ring tech from back then ;)

Lupus

Honorary Master
every time I see this thread pop up I see Novel in the heading and think back to my good ole days working for IBM in London in the '90s with Novell Servers.
i'm sure even @jannievanzyl remembers the old Token Ring tech from back then ;)
I worked at IBM in the early 2000s they still had token ring on all the servers and desktops but there were token ring to Ethernet converters all over.

Grant

Honorary Master
We have few pangolins that get smuggled to China
indeed
Police arrest 2 in Limpopo for possession of endangered pangolin

Limpopo police have arrested two people in Mokopane after they were caught with a pangolin.

The ant-eating mammal is the most trafficked animal globally, with criminals using it for traditional medicine, mostly in China.

Police were still investigating what the suspects planned to do with the animal and whether there was a larger syndicate involved.

“We haven’t yet established whether this is a syndicate that is involved and we have not determined the particular market of this pangolin,” he said.

Papa Smurf

Honorary Master
I've got issues with people that sneeze and don't put their hand in front of their face. A ****ing white guy does it here.
I work with him. I've said if he ever sneezes on me I will slap him hard. He's the owner of the business.......

I sat through 9Months of TB treatment.
Because a TB carrier sneezed in my face in a que at ShopRite.

I never wanna piss Oros again. Cause that's that your piss looks like.

So, slap coming. He's white and around 40 years old. With kids.

His Mother obviously never taught him these simple things.
please go masturbate and let your stress out

TB is preventable, did your parents not send you to a doctor for an inoculation when you were a child? https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK214436/

And please stop saying White Guy, are you a racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.