Now that I can't get ADSL I no longer have good internet options, what do I do?

UnknownMaster00

Hi there all, I live in Linbro Park, the internet availability here... Is questionable to say the least, We had adsl here until the lines were stolen so much they decided to stop installing new ones, now our only option is LTE which is too expensive, and just not stable enough for us.
The speeds are very erratic with Telkoms uncapped package, if you try any gaming you get constant ping spikes. So I would like to know what other possible internet solutions we could come up with, without having to move house. Fibre is not available. WiruLink not available. Screamer not available.

Currently with WebAfrica Telkom LTE Uncapped/R899/month

isie

Honorary Master
Hi there all, I live in Linbro Park, the internet availability here... Is questionable to say the least, We had adsl here until the lines were stolen so much they decided to stop installing new ones, now our only option is LTE which is too expensive, and just not stable enough for us.
The speeds are very erratic with Telkoms uncapped package, if you try any gaming you get constant ping spikes. So I would like to know what other possible internet solutions we could come up with, without having to move house. Fibre is not available. WiruLink not available. Screamer not available.

Doesn't SADV have fibre in certain parts of Linbro park?

cavedog

Honorary Master
Yeah copper theft is a problem and now with the copper being phased out over time Telkom will not replace the lines.

If LTE is not working for you then WISPs are probably your last option. They usually come with some commitment or a pretty big setup fee if taken on a month to month but should be a reasonable alternative.

Dan C

Honorary Master

I changed to Vodacom LTE and although the ping is slightly higher than my ADSL was, it remains pretty constant. I will try my prepaid Telkom LTE and see what the results are.