NPA asks Interpol to help arrest, deport Guptas to SA

rvZA

Executive Member

The Investigating Directorate (ID) of the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) has issued arrest warrants for Gupta brothers, Atul and Rajesh, and their wives, Chetali and Arti, as well as a number of business associates.

News24 can confirm that ID head Hermione Cronje asked Interpol to circulate the Red Notice international arrest warrant to have the Guptas deported to South Africa to stand trial for fraud and money laundering.

rvZA

Executive Member
Awaits for the MyBB experts to let us all know how useless this is and waste of time.. etc, etc.

I doubt anyone will be saying that.

One thing, however, is for sure. It could still take 10 years or longer before they are extradited, that is, if they will be extradited by a court in the country where they find themselves.

Quicks

Expert Member
Awaits for the MyBB experts to let us all know how useless this is and waste of time.. etc, etc.

I am sure the Gupta's have enough money to bribe the right people to make this disappear for at least awhile. We might see a follow-up article in another years or two. They will just plea poverty and innocence with some health issues not being able to comply.

But hey wish I could say justice will be served, but the world just seems like more and more criminals running things, then actual good people trying to do the right thing these days.

zolly

Expert Member
This is a step in the right direction. If I'm correct this effectively means that any country with an Interpol office can arrest them if they know they're around.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
This is a step in the right direction. If I'm correct this effectively means that any country with an Interpol office can arrest them if they know they're around.
The frequent their home country of India...

:unsure:

Priapus

Executive Member
As I understand it, yes. The world just got a whole lot smaller for them. Along with the US sanctions against them.

Priapus

Executive Member
If they listened to MyBB experts these lot including Zuma would have been in jail years ago and a lot of damage could have been prevented.

Instead they listened to idiots like you.

Oh right. Because idiots like me are advocating for the Guptas and Zumba to be left alone?
Go **** yourself. Prick.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
If they listened to MyBB experts these lot including Zuma would have been in jail years ago and a lot of damage could have been prevented.

Instead they listened to idiots like you.
If they listened to MyBB experts, they would have gone off on technicalities ages ago, and continued on their looting spree.

R13...

Honorary Master
Oh right. Because idiots like me are advocating for the Guptas and Zumba to be left alone?
Go **** yourself. Prick.
We need a villain for our daily two minutes of hate. If they're caught then we end up with nothing to moan at. Big brother is watching..

Bewlen

Expert Member
I welcome any discomfort this brings those f****** p****.

Will they spend a day in a south african jail? lol... no. Look at them wiping their tears with crisp R1 000 000 notes though.