NPA asks Interpol to help arrest, deport Guptas to SA

Sollie

Honorary Master
If they listened to MyBB experts, they would have gone off on technicalities ages ago, and continued on their looting spree.
Nope. We (the collective South Africa) would have had a bosberaad, then taken them fishing. Somewhere out there on the high seas they met friends and decided to return to India .... somehow never cropped up there.

I swear your honor ...

But then again the kelp beds might have disappeared - so who knows. You may be right.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Nope. We (the collective South Africa) would have had a bosberaad, then taken them fishing. Somewhere out there on the high seas they met friends and decided to return to India .... somehow never cropped up there.

I swear your honor ...

But then again the kelp beds might have disappeared - so who knows. You may be right.
I swear it would have ended up like this...
images (30).jpeg

Sollie

Honorary Master
I swear it would have ended up like this...
View attachment 1082703
Yep, countrywide, with them nowhere in sight afterwards. Social distancing may be a problem. I suspect Bheki is going to have a sleepless week or six with the booze and beach parties, but it will be a national reunification event ...

zolly

Expert Member
Same thing is happening again now with Zweli Mkhize.

On a complete side note, my father used to work with Zweli in KZN in the medical space before he climbed up the ANC ladder. My father used to come home from these medical meetings bitching because old Mkhize would argue against my father's idea for policies/how to fix certain issues, then in the next meeting talk about how we should implement a great idea that he had come up with (it being the idea my father had suggested a few weeks earlier).

People would clap for Mkhize because of his political connections, and ignore the fact that my father had suggested the same thing weeks earlier. And Mkhize would screw up the idea anyway.

I'm not at all surprised the man is corrupt AF.

zolly

Expert Member
Name one politician that has been prosecuted and jailed?

Tony Yengeni. He served only four months of his four year sentence, but he was still prosecuted and jailed.

But that aside, believe it or not, Zuma appearing in court to put forward his plea of not guilty is actually a big deal. It's been a hard slog to get here, but we're finally here. It may take us years to get to the end, and Zuma might even die before then, but don't underplay the fact that Zuma's trial for the arms deal has finally, properly, begun.

ForceFate

Honorary Master
On a complete side note, my father used to work with Zweli in KZN in the medical space before he climbed up the ANC ladder. My father used to come home from these medical meetings bitching because old Mkhize would argue against my father's idea for policies/how to fix certain issues, then in the next meeting talk about how we should implement a great idea that he had come up with (it being the idea my father had suggested a few weeks earlier).

People would clap for Mkhize because of his political connections, and ignore the fact that my father had suggested the same thing weeks earlier. And Mkhize would screw up the idea anyway.

I'm not at all surprised the man is corrupt AF.
:ROFL:

That happens pretty much everywhere. Never ever discuss details of your idea with anyone, or introduce it in an informal setting.

yebocan

Honorary Master
That I understand and concur. However it must be said that the status quo is changing. Slowly. But it’s there.
...you can even see/sense that some of the once hardliners on MyBB stance changing slowly...indicative ...there is a quiet acknowledgement that SAS-ZA is moving in the right direction...as for the younglings that spew their home fed crap and those old timers that still long for 1980s ...they will stew and spew, they invested in their entrenched reality, got to keep spewing... We not where we want to be but we are on our way... like the adage of old... darkest before the (new) dawn... We all are ready for some bloody good and proper time in the African Sun, we bloody deserve it!

Benedict A55h0le

Expert Member
...you can even see/sense that some of the once hardliners on MyBB stance changing slowly...indicative ...there is a quiet acknowledgement that SAS-ZA is moving in the right direction...as for the younglings that spew their home fed crap and those old timers that still long for 1980s ...they will stew and spew, they invested in their entrenched reality, got to keep spewing... We not where we want to be but we are on our way... like the adage of old... darkest before the (new) dawn... We all are ready for some bloody good and proper time in the African Sun, we bloody deserve it!
That is an understatement not based on reality. True, there are some good signs, but after all the damage done, these are just a fart or 2 in the ozone layer. There are many more horrible plans for us. We deserve our time in the African Sun? We unfortunately still have to eat the cake the ANC baked for us, our punishment for allowing state capture will be dealt to us for many generations.

Priapus

Executive Member

Very well said!

MightyQuin

Not amused...
1622787697996.png

Mista_Mobsta

Expert Member
This is a great sign that the NPA has a very solid case against these thieves. Now we just have to ensure that the Godfather is also arrested and sentenced to some solid jailtime along with his cronies - he set the example for so many of his corrupt followers so it's just right that ol Zupta himself should fall on his sword. Let's hope the Gupta's try to strike a deal to throw everyone else under the bus!! Wouldn't that be delightful?

Milano

Honorary Master
How SA handles extradition following an arrest based on an Interpol warrant:

Professional ditherers strike again.

yebocan

Honorary Master
That is an understatement not based on reality. True, there are some good signs, but after all the damage done, these are just a fart or 2 in the ozone layer. There are many more horrible plans for us. We deserve our time in the African Sun? We unfortunately still have to eat the cake the ANC baked for us, our punishment for allowing state capture will be dealt to us for many generations.
state capture is but a balancing of books ... whether we like it or not, our past needed to be balanced...we can bitch we can moan, welcome to the universal law of energy.