NPA files Nicholson appeal

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
IMO to be on the safe side they should recharge Zuma again using the correct procedures. If there appeal fails they are alreday on the way with the recharge. It is in SA's interest that this criminal gets locked up for good.

Albereth

Honorary Master
IMO to be on the safe side they should recharge Zuma again using the correct procedures. If there appeal fails they are alreday on the way with the recharge. It is in SA's interest that this criminal gets locked up for good.

I thought that they had followed the correct procedures. Zuma bleated that he was being treated unfairly because nobody had consulted with him before hand and somehow that is more important than the crimes he committed.

shadowfox

Apparently they didn't allow him a chance for representation when they recharged him (not sure what that means really), and their argument was that this violated his rights somehow.

Fair enough, but all the judgement did was delay the inevitable - except I think the whole goal was to get the story delayed long enough so that Zuma can get his grubby little paws on the presidency, in which case he'll probably be able to block things even more efficiently.

vxv

IMO to be on the safe side they should recharge Zuma again using the correct procedures. If there appeal fails they are already on the way with the recharge. It is in SA's interest that this criminal gets locked up for good.

Perfectly said. I truly hope this does not drag on for another decade. This needs to be finalised before the new election.

vxv

I thought that they had followed the correct procedures. Zuma bleated that he was being treated unfairly because nobody had consulted with him before hand and somehow that is more important than the crimes he committed.

Good Point, it's quite ironic how effective Zuma's procedures were with Shaik, but he support the fault of the NPAs’.

vxv

Apparently they didn't allow him a chance for representation when they recharged him (not sure what that means really), and their argument was that this violated his rights somehow.

Fair enough, but all the judgement did was delay the inevitable - except I think the whole goal was to get the story delayed long enough so that Zuma can get his grubby little paws on the presidency, in which case he'll probably be able to block things even more efficiently.

True, I wonder what will happen with the Thint case in December. So if Zuma and Thint is not-guilty what was Shaik busy with? Lol, the poor guy….

shadowfox

But if Thint is successfully charged and found guilty - Zuma's going to be in an even deeper pot. I mean, if 2 of the 3 involved (alleged) parties are found guilty ... you see where this is going right?

vxv

But if Thint is successfully charged and found guilty - Zuma's going to be in an even deeper pot. I mean, if 2 of the 3 involved (alleged) parties are found guilty ... you see where this is going right?

Yes, without a doubt. Regarding the presidential election impact, in this regard, I seriously have to wonder if a new party might not be the best strategic solution to ensure the maturity of our democracy (and just maybe our economic confidence).

If Zuma has this over his head, who will respect him. Definitely not the international community, and that is what a president needs…