NSFAS chair Sizwe Nxasana resigns after ‘extreme strain’ on the payments system

thechamp

Honorary Master
Proof is in the situation. He did wonders and payments are working and fully up to date. The only appointment I can clearly see was not a cadre was Tuli Madonsela
That's because of Zuma, how are other black people supposed to prove to you that they aren't cadres?

f2wohf

Honorary Master
Proof is in the situation. He did wonders and payments are working and fully up to date. The only appointment I can clearly see was not a cadre was Tuli Madonsela
Where is the answer to my question?

Is Jooste a cadre too since he failed at Steinhoff (failing is apparently the definition of cadre now)?

He failed yes, how does that make him a cadre which he’s not?

Yeah the ANC should take a hint. When those who know what's what starts jumping off the ship then something is wrong.

"Zuma made the announcement without prior warning or consultation with actors in the higher education sector. He also seemed to ignore the findings of a commission of inquiry into higher education initiated after the #FeesMustFall protests."

There you have it. In a nutshell. Political expediency trumping technical practicality. I hate all these politicians who do as they please for short term political capital. We need more politicians who put the solution first. Not just... Whatever will get them elected (again).
Those days are over

Emjay

Expert Member
I am confused. Nxasana is a cadre because he couldn't make free higher education work on the NSFAS budget?

Emjay

Expert Member
Yeah the ANC should take a hint. When those who know what's what starts jumping off the ship then something is wrong.

"Zuma made the announcement without prior warning or consultation with actors in the higher education sector. He also seemed to ignore the findings of a commission of inquiry into higher education initiated after the #FeesMustFall protests."

There you have it. In a nutshell. Political expediency trumping technical practicality. I hate all these politicians who do as they please for short term political capital. We need more politicians who put the solution first. Not just... Whatever will get them elected (again).
The first lesson of economics is scarcity: there is never enough of anything to fully satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.

Thomas Sowell

Solarion

Honorary Master
Yup the black man stuffs it up and the white man going to get blamed for it.
You starting to sound like my retired neighbor next door. Lent him my ladder last week and boy did I get an earful about News and Current Affairs.

BTTB

He was Telkom CEO when the company listed. Many people warned that his policies of mass retrenchments and not enough network investment will hurt Telkom in the long run, but these policies were good news to shareholders - in those days one of the main shareholders were SBC Communications.

Some info here: https://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php/14349-Telkom-sale-SBC-gets-542m
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sizwe_Nxasana

He is the former CEO of FirstRand Limited and Telkom SA Limited from 1998-2005
pfff, hau shem.

This is the same dude that had a free ride during the Telkom days when the mantra was 'nobody needs more than 3gb pm' while making a fortune along with his execs in a protected environment.

CEO of Telkom SA Limited from 1998-2005

Don't worry, he wont be begging on any corner soon looking for a slice of bread.

edit: 'well regarded' my ass
CEO of Telkom during its years as the monopolistic behemoth and CEO of one of South Africa's 4 biggest Banks.
Cough, cough, choke, how could these 2 Companies fail? Telkom was a legally protected monopoly during his tenure as CEO and Banks print money. :erm::crying::wtf:

Never forget this Nxasana guy and Jay Naidoo (Minister without Portfolio and Telecommunications) that made the Telkom privatisation all possible. Both have gone on to be highly acclaimed fellows with all sorts of pats on the backs and honorary accolades.

Last edited:

Solarion

Honorary Master
CEO of Telkom during its years as the monopolistic behemoth and CEO of one of South Africa's 4 biggest Banks.
Cough, cough, choke, how could these 2 Companies fail? Telkom was a legally protected monopoly during his tenure as CEO and Banks print money. :erm::crying::wtf:

Never forget this Nxasana guy and Jay Naidoo (Minister without Portfolio and Telecommunications) that made the Telkom privatisation all possible. Both have gone on to be highly acclaimed fellows with all sorts of pats on the backs and honorary accolades.
And like any corporation with a monopoly the service went down to **** as equally as the infrastructure lagged behind the rest of the world. South Africa needs another fixed line provider. Telkom needs some competition because having to go the mobile route as an alternative is not a great alternative.

The operator’s interim results for the six months ended 30 September 2012 show that the fixed-line penetration rate — as measured by the number of active lines in service as a percentage of the South Africa’s population — has fallen to just 7,5% from 7,9% a year ago.

However, over the same period, the number of broadband digital subscriber lines has increased by 5,8% to 841 000 from 795 000.

Government, which is Telkom’s largest shareholder with a direct 39,8% stake, is understood to be mulling several strategic options for the company, including a possible delisting from the JSE and nationalisation.

Private shareholders blame government interference in Telkom for the company’s poor performance in recent years. On Friday, ahead of the publication of the interim results, its share price hit a new record low below R15,60/share. The counter has shed almost 50% of its value in the past 12 months.
https://techcentral.co.za/consumers-shun-telkoms-fixed-lines/36345/

Sneeky

Honorary Master

And lest we forget liewe Lulu and her arts degree

BTTB

And lest we forget liewe Lulu and her arts degree
Howsit Sneeky

The first thing I did when I read your post about the 3Gb Caps etc was check the date you joined MyADSL, the former name of MyBroadband. :D The same year I joined.
We certainly have gone through thick and thin on this forum. If you look at my post count it was mostly made during that era. I take a back seat these days, even my Moderator status is no more, although it still says so under my name. Not concerned at all, was time to move on, besides my Industry is not Tech anyway.
Good to see posters that still remember the bad old days, lest we forget them. Bastids, put us back more than a decade behind in technology. Recently here at home our area was "upgraded" to ADSL2+, woohooo, I suppose its better than nothing, although I think the technology inside the exchange is basically the same old copper lines etc, they just kept us in the dark ages and slowly gave us mediocre upgrades.

Remember old Ivy, didn't even know the front or back side of a telephone and BBC (Born Before Computers) but was made Minister of Telecommunications. :confused:

We could all write a book, its been a long ride so far, lets look to the future. :)

Last edited:

Sneeky

Honorary Master
:crylaugh: yup, actually things have moved along a fair bit although at a snails pace.
Seacom was a big thing although bandwidth pricing and caps, especially for wireless (im on lte, no adsl or fibre) are still bordering on the obscene.

Howsit Sneeky

Remember old Ivy, didn't even know the front or back side of a telephone and BBC (Born Before Computers) but was made Minister of Telecommunications. :confused:

We could all write a book, its been a long ride so far, lets look to the future. :)
Lol, Ivy. :sick:
Well looking at the list of minsters its not hard to understand our predicament.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minister_of_Communications_(South_Africa)
I think the only one that really tried to make a difference was rocket Roy, before he got reigned in that is.

As for Icasa remember old Paris, LOL, we have had them all.
https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/infighting-tearing-icasa-apart-281987

A book, now theres a project for rpm or Jan, sold with a complimentary box of tissues.

:D

Last edited: