Nuclear fuel will last us for 4 billion years

gamer16

Honorary Master
When will people accept that the production of any energy will have a cost in lives, if it doesn't its not producing enough.

A sacrifice will be made, somewhere.

Sollie

Executive Member
I don't watch DSTV. Youtube has a wealth of interesting doccies from various perspectives.
Yellow stone is quite scary as it will have a global impact.

San Andreas fault, will cause estimated 300 billion in damage, kill millions and displace millions, serious risk to dams like the hoover dam, 4 million hectares, 30 centimeters deep.

Asteroids will always be a risk, considering tons of asteroids hit us every year some the size of a tennis ball some the size of a small car, we get hit daily by 17 or a total of 6100 a year. Apophis is 370 meters across will pass by in 2029 closer then GPS satellites orbits at 31000 km's +-. Even at 370 meters should it hit will be equal to 80-90 billion tons of TNT.

the tzar bomb test equals 57 million tons of TNT more then WWI and WWI combined and then some more, this single asteroid will have more power then the entire worlds nuclear arsenal, 1.6billion tons. All wars fought and nuclear testing from the 1940's till today, equals half a billion of TNT. Last eruption of yellow stone equaled 875 million tons of TNT.

In fact we have thousands of near earth asteroids in total 19 000 with about 30 added each week.So yeah we are going to be smacked by one of them eventually. lol impact by a 370 meter asteroid is enough to set off earth quake faults and volcano's.

Sharknado, enough said doesn't need to be explained. :D

Just some interesting facts, that make you go holy shyte :D
You took me too seriously.

Yes, I know some live on a thin knife edge that is California. I may have regularly used the San Andreas fault as a possible solution to US problems ;)

The Deccan Traps are a good example of how close we live to the edge.

As for Sharknado, well ... go to my 2nd point, it may solve the issue of bad movies. :ROFL:

wizardofid

Executive Member
You took me too seriously.

Yes, I know some live on a thin knife edge that is California. I may have regularly used the San Andreas fault as a possible solution to US problems ;)

The Deccan Traps are a good example of how close we live to the edge.

As for Sharknado, well ... go to my 2nd point, it may solve the issue of bad movies. :ROFL:

No not too seriously just some interesting info.

Oi don't you dare insult the master piece that is sharknado, even tremors is a master piece. :D

rustypup

Expert Member

xkcd for everything...