Nvidia GeForce NOW SA launch

The tiers have been updated.

- Priority session length has been increased to 3 hours, there's also a R160 discounted price that's to come as well.
- Ultra (RTX 3080 Tier) has been increased to 8 hours with a discounted price of R320 to come as well.
Not sure how these discounts will be applied though.
Now that’s what I’m talking about!

That on the api?
Yea

If there is a free tier coming , then make that 60 but only available with empty space and the right to warn about disconnection with some grace. Or offer it later once player stats are known and a buffer can be provisioned between expected and allowed capacity.
They removed the free tier with these new changes but something tells me that it will come back.
Your proposed changes for the free tier are... interesting.

I’m sure nVidia has guidelines in regards of the free tier option. There’s probably even an AI algorithm involved.

• Wow
Reactions: Yuu
I’m sure nVidia has guidelines in regards of the free tier option. There’s probably even an AI algorithm involved.
Yeah but they don't have any stats yet to feed the AI/Algorithm so I would delay the free for at least a period of time so as not to hamper those wanting to sign up, unless there was a way of ensuring this upfront. The biggest danger to the product now, is scale and its holidays so ALOT of folks might hop on and give the free a go.

Nvidia probably has something like recommend X free per server/cluster. Or Rain actually don't control it, they only control the accounting aspect and Nvidia manages the cluster. So if Rain don't offer the tier, its just simply not available in the Geforce now app and all it does is rediect the person to Rain for account queries and in the background do a matching profile/product signin.

You'd think they would launch any time now given it's December.

They should be conservative at first and see how the first year goes.

You must own the game you want to play too.
I am assuming this will integrate with Steam, Epic, Battlenet, Ubisoft, GamePass and the likes? People won't be impressed if they need to re-purchase titles, can someone elaborate on this? tx

I am assuming this will integrate with Steam, Epic, Battlenet, Ubisoft, GamePass and the likes? People won't be impressed if they need to re-purchase titles, can someone elaborate on this? tx

Just to help us stay on topic...

This thread isn't really about the basics of GeForce Now in general, it's about its SA launch and specifics around that.

For more general info, recommended to read up on the service on their site/forums about how it works, or starting a new thread on the forum for that. You'll find in that reading that GeForce Now links to Steam, Epic, Xbox Gaming and Ubisoft.

Rain still has their marketing campaign to do, unless they decide to do a silent launch. I'm thinking if their rain modem still has a few weeks of advertising left, we could be looking at Jan-Feb 2024 launch window

Rain still has their marketing campaign to do, unless they decide to do a silent launch. I'm thinking if their rain modem still has a few weeks of advertising left, we could be looking at Jan-Feb 2024 launch window
Let's hope for the silent launch xD The hype will die if they wait that long

Be utterly silly to wait that long as the kit is costing the same idle.

Even if they do a soft launch to anyone who was part or signed up for the beta and a full marketing launch later.

Ok ... own up.... who registered a alt and started a b**** thread?

Also @Pho3nix I think I figured out the discount. If you look at the product structure, one price is prepaid, other postpaid, thats the main differance in SKU's.

Be utterly silly to wait that long as the kit is costing the same idle.

Even if they do a soft launch to anyone who was part or signed up for the beta and a full marketing launch later.
They barely marketed that GFN was coming to SA/Public Beta. Rain would rather advertise their new colours for their wifi router

I hope we get that deal running on International GFN servers, buy 6 months Ultimate get 3 months Game Pass PC

Back