Nvidia GeForce NOW SA launch

They barely marketed that GFN was coming to SA/Public Beta. Rain would rather advertise their new colours for their wifi router
I can sort of see why they barely marketed the thing.

They had 1 facebook post about the beta last year and it went the same as all their other posts, just filled with people complaining about their mobile service or clowning on rain themselves. Out of the 400+ comments on that post, i think there were a few people who were actually talking about GFN.

I think the best way they can market this is through publications like mybroadband, NAG etc otherwise it's just gonna be a fight against "Rain is kak" comments

Last edited:
Just to help us stay on topic...

This thread isn't really about the basics of GeForce Now in general, it's about its SA launch and specifics around that.

For more general info, recommended to read up on the service on their site/forums about how it works, or starting a new thread on the forum for that. You'll find in that reading that GeForce Now links to Steam, Epic, Xbox Gaming and Ubisoft.
Thanks, just spent a couple hours reading through the entire thread to get up to speed , I hope these guys are going to pull finger and launch already!! We have 6 of us in this house and 4 are gamers - you can just imagine what gaming hardware is costing alone, this should be a welcomed solution if the price is right

Thanks, just spent a couple hours reading through the entire thread to get up to speed , I hope these guys are going to pull finger and launch already!! We have 6 of us in this house and 4 are gamers - you can just imagine what gaming hardware is costing alone, this should be a welcomed solution if the price is right
4 people on GeforceNow is going to seriously dent bandwidth, hope you have a pipe to cope.

I can sort of see why they barely marketed the thing.

They had 1 facebook post about the beta last year and it went the same as all their other posts, just filled with people complaining about the service or clowning on rain themselves. Out of the 400+ comments on that post, i think there were a few people who were actually talking about GFN.

I think the best way they can market this is through publications like mybroadband, NAG etc otherwise it's just gonna be a fight against "Rain is kak" comments
Agreed, but have you read the articles, the publications needs to email RAIN and just hope for a response on the service. And literally half the article is of us going through the API finding prices and specs xD.

Agreed, but have you read the articles, the publications needs to email RAIN and just hope for a response on the service. And literally half the article is of us going through the API finding prices and specs xD.
You do know that's why the forum is free ;)

Ok ... own up.... who registered a alt and started a b**** thread?

Also @Pho3nix I think I figured out the discount. If you look at the product structure, one price is prepaid, other postpaid, thats the main differance in SKU's.
Where's this thread?

Where's this thread?

4 people on GeforceNow is going to seriously dent bandwidth, hope you have a pipe to cope.
If I am not mistaken the games are only being "streamed" to whichever device you are using, with Netflix, Youtube, all day MS Teams meetings and various gaming going on here all day and night we really haven't had any issues on our VOX 100/100 - only time we really feel it is when someones game needs updating or someone decides to download a new game with rediculous sizes (I am looking at you COD)

Last edited:
If I am not mistaken the games are only being "streamed" to whichever device you are using, with Netflix, Youtube, all day MS Teams meetings and various gaming going on here all day and night we really haven't had any issues on our VOX 100/100 - only time we really feel it is when someones game needs updating or someone decides to download a new game with rediculous sizes (I am looking at you COD)
Geforce now can be heavy.

1701865815521.png

Base settings are at 34Mbps, and I think if you do a test it recomends >15. If you push that to 4k gaming......

I'm convinced this person is sh*tposting at this point

I'm convinced this person is sh*tposting at this point
501c9efdea99f9d69b64f9386f747630.jpg

Let's leave that other thread in that other thread.

Back to our regular programming...

I love how this thread is slowly becoming a bunch of people desperately waiting for GFN but have nowhere to express their thoughts and then come here

I must say the lack of marketing and advertising is appalling, only reason I knew of this was an article from MyBroadband that came up in my google feed one morning bored as hell going through the news....companies cutting down on costs these days relying only on word of mouth it seems. Even if you navigate to Rain's main page, the GeforceNow section is hidden away in the menu, extremely odd, unless you already knew what you were looking for you'd miss it

I must say the lack of marketing and advertising is appalling, only reason I knew of this was an article from MyBroadband that came up in my google feed one morning bored as hell going through the news....companies cutting down on costs these days relying only on word of mouth it seems. Even if you navigate to Rain's main page, the GeforceNow section is hidden away in the menu, extremely odd, unless you already knew what you were looking for you'd miss it
I wish there was at least like a coming soon type campaign to let people know about it

I wish there was at least like a coming soon type campaign to let people know about it
yip, or like in your face all the time, like those annoying ads that keep popping up when you scrolling on some site on your phone and cant click the "x' to make it go away because its too tiny toregister your finger input and goes and launches the ad with a screeching video that the whole house hears

yip, or like in your face all the time, like those annoying ads that keep popping up when you scrolling on some site on your phone and cant click the "x' to make it go away because its too tiny toregister your finger input and goes and launches the ad with a screeching video that the whole house hears
RIght, new lows, folks wishing for ads, what have we become.

Back