Nvidia GeForce NOW SA launch

I have custom settings for quality and set it to max bitrate 1440p at 120 fps.

I use between 35 to 40GB per hour. It varies because static screens use significantly less than in game action which maxes the bitrate set.
Thank you.
I would definitely run into too many problems with Axxess LTE Acceptable Use Policy :giggle:

Thank you.
I would definitely run into too many problems with Axxess LTE Acceptable Use Policy :giggle:

This is the max setting for me.

If you are on priority and play 1080p at 60 fps with a lower bit rate it's not as heavy.

Reactions: Yuu
Well Priority is the cheapest tier and there is no free tier. So queues are honestly expected lol
Currently 63rd for COD lol
And that's why I felt like a crazy person earlier haha.

Yeah. The queues are long tonight I guess, because every South African who was able to buy a sub is now on.

Friday nigggght.

At 6pm I was 130th in the queue for a game. Now it's down to about 12.

So how does this work? Does every game have a few rigs, so you'll get waiting queues on some games, but not on less played ones? Or will everyone see the same queue, regardless of game?

Please don't send me to the gallows for this, but for those who are not aware or who are new to cloud gaming (Xbox Game Pass Ultimate is my life in the States), and you're looking for GFN specific sales and games on Steam etc.

Here you go:

GG - just change the platform to GFN and you're set. There's also Steam CD keys from reputable stores, but use PayPal instead of a card.

Steamdb - filter by features, type in "cloud" and click on "Cloud Gaming Nvidia"

Epic - Epic gives away free games every week, as most of you might know. I've claimed about six games - GFN Friendly - from Epic

Indiegames Free - this link takes you to one of the only reputable "free games" or "free Steam keys" collection. Sign up. I've had some awesome luck here.

Geforce Now Friendly - the BEST curator for GFN games on Steam. Timbo, the person who founded it is also super nice.

Here's also a couple of tips that'll help you stay sane:

* Syncing is fine, until it's not.

Yes, you should sync every now and then, but GFN is a bit tricky as it doesn't always show the games that are available on the service once synced. It's a bit of an annoyance. I've learned the hard way - through helpful Reddit people - to always do it manually. Play what you need to play and then take it from there.

* Xbox Game Pass PC

I assume all of you have it - if not, sign up for a free month over at the Xbox/Microsoft store. This one is a bit more labor intensive than Steam or the others, because you'll need to sign into your Microsoft account each time. Cumbersome, but worth it. However, Game Pass does NOT always sync properly and even then some games are left out once in a while. This also gets updated quite regularly (once a week or more), so sync now and then. You'll notice the number increase. It's now at 108 available games - not all are playable though! Go to your game library, filter store by Xbox and there you go. All the other titles are available for purchase through Microsoft.

* Follow the official Nvidia GFN Thursday blog for the most up to date information: Nvidia GFN Official.

^^^^

Don't Hate Disclaimer

I also have GFN back in the States. I am definitely not trying to patronize or annoy or anger or blah blah anyone. If this helps, great. If it doesn't, that's fine too.

I don't know all. I'm not omnipotent. I'm not trying to make anyone feel weird.

It's just a few tips and clicks and such.

Good luck!

@epah

Last edited:
So how does this work? Does every game have a few rigs, so you'll get waiting queues on some games, but not on less played ones? Or will everyone see the same queue, regardless of game?

There's a set number of rigs, divvied up by the most popular games (700 years - jk) to the "other" games.

Example: CoD will have a longer queue than say Golfing With Dead People (made that one up), but the golfing one would have about the same queue as Life Is Strange 2.

It doesn't take long though. And it also depends on the time of day etc, because launch and all.

Tonight will be queue heavy for South Africa.

EDIT

This makes more sense than I do:

Ultimate is the newest GeForce NOW cloud streaming membership plan, offering gamers the highest performance with exclusive access to RTX 3080, and RTX 4080 when available, gaming rigs, the shortest wait times, and the longest session lengths! The Ultimate membership takes cloud gaming to the next level, unlocking the best performance, powering the highest resolutions and frame rates in cloud gaming.

Last edited:
Oh and if your are Priority, you're priority. Ha.

If you are on the highest tier, there's no waiting times.

I would hang on to Priority for now, because it's still a small market in SA. Back in the States it was impossible to play with priority.

Reactions: Yuu
There's a set number of rigs, divvied up by the most popular games (700 years - jk) to the "other" games.

Example: CoD will have a longer queue than say Golfing With Dead People (made that one up), but the golfing one would have about the same queue as Life Is Strange 2.
Futurama-Fry.jpg

Yes. Yes. I know.

It's been a long week.

Better breakdown maybe:

Ultimate is the newest GeForce NOW cloud streaming membership plan, offering gamers the highest performance with exclusive access to RTX 3080, and RTX 4080 when available, gaming rigs, the shortest wait times, and the longest session lengths! The Ultimate membership takes cloud gaming to the next level, unlocking the best performance, powering the highest resolutions and frame rates in cloud gaming.

Each rig type allows access to different server-grade GPUs. Free members will have access to Basic rigs capable of streaming games at up to 1080p and 60 FPS. Priority members have access to Premium rigs up to GeForce NOW RTX 3060- or RTX 2080-equivalent GPU servers. GeForce NOW Ultimate members have exclusive access to RTX 3080 gaming rigs, unlocking up to 1440p at 120 FPS on PC, 1440p at 120 FPS for most iMacs, 1600p at 120 FPS for most MacBooks, and 4K HDR at 60 FPS on NVIDIA SHIELD TV, plus the shortest wait times and longest session lengths. Ultimate members will also have exclusive access to RTX 4080-class gaming in 2023.

Strange, I just logged into GFN earlier and could open a game. Also, Rain's site seems to be ****ed, as I am unable to check my account and subscription status, keeps giving me blank pages, with the menu still visible at the top. Orders page shows my order has been cancelled.
I just switched to another game and could play (after the queue of course).
Did they not cancelled the beta player's accounts? I haven't subscribed to the new plans, yet. Or is this the free tier?

Back