Nvidia GeForce NOW SA launch

Thanks to @rain_mobile for the call, quick response. Very happy with the service.

So on Rain's side my Priority was cancelled, on GeForce side the betas is slowly being fazed out. And hope I'm not leaking confidential info, but it was mentioned that slots and capacity will be added soon (Jan).
No, it's pretty clear they will be adding capacity with how popular it looks like the service will be. I just really hope they don't oversell slots so we end up with 10+ minute queues

I've pretty consistently had 1-2 people in queue ahead of me, so it looks like they have balanced the slots sold pretty well in that regard. Also that Avatar game isn't actually half bad lol, was playing it myself last night

It stretches the RTX3080 a bit but still a really good experience.

You playing it with U+ ?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Yuu
Since the new fortnite update queues are quite wack in other places like the EU, some guy on reddit has Ultimate and was in a 200+ player queue :ROFL:

Yeah. I'm also contributing to that because the new Rocket Racing in Fortnite is pretty fun. Been playing it the most and rotating a bit with Avatar and League of Legends.

• Love
Wait so if the beta users are being phased out. It means some of us will join the waiting list, because its all sold out. I wish I could just renew it for the R200 that is needed since i already have a “slot” kind of

I'm still pretty annoyed I couldn't get a slot and convert to Ultra - their site just timed out for me every time I checked during the day and when I could log in - it showed a white page and I was unable to do anything...

One would have thought that beta testers may have got an offer to convert before the public launch (where some of us just couldn't sign up due to Rain technical issues).

Not so happy. :X3:

• Sad
I'm still pretty annoyed I couldn't get a slot and convert to Ultra - their site just timed out for me every time I checked during the day and when I could log in - it showed a white page and I was unable to do anything...

One would have thought that beta testers may have got an offer to convert before the public launch (where some of us just couldn't sign up due to Rain technical issues).

Not so happy. :X3:
I had issues when I ordered at 3am, but I just used my phone as the mobile site seemed to be fine xD

So the beta has ruined me.

I have priority ( and thank God I haven't paid for this month's one) and I had to wait in front of a queue of about 15 people . I had to wait quite a bit and this probably felt longer then it actually is due to the beta having basically instant game load in . I'm thinking about just getting a PS5 tbh

Last edited:

The I have priority ( and thank God I haven't paid for this month's one) and I had to wait in front of a queue of about 15 people . I had to wait quite a bit and this probably felt longer then it actually is due to the beta having basically instant game load in . I'm thinking about just getting a PS5 tbh

Have one and GFN is more convenient and cheap if you have an existing library of games on Steam or GamePass.

R200*60 just for the console. Add R499 for games on special as well

• Love

I have priority ( and thank God I haven't paid for this month's one) and I had to wait in front of a queue of about 15 people . I had to wait quite a bit and this probably felt longer then it actually is due to the beta having basically instant game load in . I'm thinking about just getting a PS5 tbh

I didn't get any queue on Ultra tonight.

• Love
I didn't get any queue on Ultra tonight.
I've lived on GFN since it launched and the longest queue I've had was 15 minutes last night (18 people ahead of me) at around 1800 and it was gone by 1900, which means rain is prooooobably going to open slots next week :( :( :(

Did any of the beta testers receive an email about the launch of it? I only received the notification about the beta phase ending and that further comms would be coming of the launch.

----

"Thanks for all the game play. The GeForce NOW Powered by rain beta phase is ending on 4 December 2023.

Keep an eye on your inbox for news on the official launch date, coming soon. You'll be able to choose a membership plan that works for you to get your game on!"

So experts, I need your input:
During the beta, I played city builders etc. Which input latency is probably not really noticable. However, over the weekend during loadshedding my friends wanted to play Counter Strike and o my gosh, here I noticed input latency which makes it impossible to play a FPS like Counter Strike.

Now, if I recall correctly MyBroadband did test this and they were happy. So, I am assuming that this must either be a user specific problem / congestion due to all the users.

What can I do from my side to troubleshoot?

My connection is fine, 100MB download and upload. I played on a network cable plugged into Fibre router (Not over wifi).

During the beta, I played city builders etc. Which input latency is probably not really noticable. However, over the weekend during loadshedding my friends wanted to play Counter Strike and o my gosh, here I noticed input latency which makes it impossible to play a FPS like Counter Strike.

Now, if I recall correctly MyBroadband did test this and they were happy. So, I am assuming that this must either be a user specific problem / congestion due to all the users.

My connection is fine, 100MB download and upload. I played on a network cable plugged into Fibre router (Not over wifi).

What device are you playing on? What is the GFN latency and are you using the browser or app?

Did any of the beta testers receive an email about the launch of it? I only received the notification about the beta phase ending and that further comms would be coming of the launch.

----

"Thanks for all the game play. The GeForce NOW Powered by rain beta phase is ending on 4 December 2023.

Keep an eye on your inbox for news on the official launch date, coming soon. You'll be able to choose a membership plan that works for you to get your game on!"

Didn't get any mail or SMS was just checking the website daily for the launch.

What device are you playing on? What is the GFN latency and are you using the browser or app?
Hi there
I've been using the app on a PC, not sure about latency. Will have to check tonight when I am back home. Can you be so kind to tell me what IP/DNS is should ping to check?

Last edited:

Check your packet loss (control + g to open the ingame menu, and then change the stats/info/can't remember the exact name display to Standard from off), GFN is extremely sensitive to it

Hi there
I've been using the app on a PC, not sure about latency. Will have to check tonight when I am back home. Can you be so kind to tell me what IP/DNS is should ping to check?

While in game press Ctrl + N to bring up the network stats. It will show the frames dropped and latency to the GFN server.

For example

Screenshot 2023-12-11 125015.png

Back