Nvidia GeForce NOW SA launch

Chaps, is there a massive difference between Priority plan and Ultra? Is it worth having? I'm on Ultra and thinking if down grading is the right move
Depends what you're looking for from your experience.

If your priority is gaming at 4K, or having a boost in FPS from the more powerful graphics card, playing exceptionally demanding games at highest quality or want to have theoretically less time queuing (I say theoretically, since Priority queues have been reasonable), then go for Ultra.

Otherwise if you're fine with the flipside of those main points, happy to play at good graphics settings but perhaps not maximum on some games, and are looking to save some cash, then I haven't seen many local Priority users complaining about their level of service, so you may well be happy there too.

Depends what you're looking for from your experience.

If your priority is gaming at 4K, or having a boost in FPS from the more powerful graphics card, playing exceptionally demanding games at highest quality or want to have theoretically less time queuing (I say theoretically, since Priority queues have been reasonable), then go for Ultra.

Otherwise if you're fine with the flipside of those main points, happy to play at good graphics settings but perhaps not maximum on some games, and are looking to save some cash, then I haven't seen many local Priority users complaining about their level of service, so you may well be happy there too.

Does priority have queues?

Does priority have queues?
Yeah, every once in a while tho.

It was only really bad on the first 2 days of launch but its settled since with only seeing a few people during peak hours.
That's my experience with priority tho.

Yeah, every once in a while tho.

It was only really bad on the first 2 days of launch but its settled since with only seeing a few people during peak hours.
That's my experience with priority tho.

For the Ultra I only got queues the first 2 days. After that never saw a queue since even if I fire up a session at 8pm on a weekend.

Currently I am on the Priority option and I have no complaints at all. From time I receive a message about packets loss, but I live around it. I was thinking about upgrading my computer (still running a first gen i5 which I purchased years ago), GeForce Now saved me money, because it make my computer feel like a big upgrade now. So I am happy.

My main idea with GFN was to use my laptop for gaming during loadshedding. I like real time FPS games like Counter Strike, Warzone etc. and for some or odd reason I had major input latency. I tried everything from using different network cables, running on WiFi, contacting my ISP etc.

I just made peace with the idea that GFN currently is not worth it for me personally. Although I still believe this is the future of PC Gaming especially in SA.
I'll try again in 6 months, maybe there is more tinkering between RAIN and other ISP's to get the optimal environment to use the service.

Just got a call from RAIN to advise that there are priority slots available (but I’d need to purchase today).

Would I be interested as one of the beta users?

Told them I’m waiting for ultimate.
What number does rain call from, might have blocked them xD

Recently, for me as a priority subscriber in CPT, the service has been flawless, even in fps games like MW3 and CS. It really only gets bad for some reason when I go to games like FH5 where the stream drops to 30 fps. Also haven't been in any queues since about last week.

Is there any way to get around these constant logins, For every game you launch you always have to log in to either Steam or Microsoft? Would be good if they could find a way so you don't have to sign in every time, does get frustrating.

Is there any way to get around these constant logins, For every game you launch you always have to log in to either Steam or Microsoft? Would be good if they could find a way so you don't have to sign in every time, does get frustrating.
Steam is automatic for me but yeah the Microsoft one is a big Pain and there's no getting around it, especially when I just wanna play with the TV app

Steam is automatic for me but yeah the Microsoft one is a big Pain and there's no getting around it, especially when I just wanna play with the TV app

Yea, this is what I am doing currently, playing on the TV App, and the Microsoft logins is a huge pain.

I tried to play on my LG tv using the app and browser and even on my Series X's browser but they only do up to 1080p, which I thought was strange.

@cavedog have you found a pretty big performance inconsistency with some games? Noticed it today playing TW3, 1st spawn game was at like 20FPS running on low settings, 2nd spawn things were 80+ at ultra, it crashed, 3rd spawn back to ~20, respawn and its back to 80 again, wondering if they have some bad hardware in the pool :/

@cavedog have you found a pretty big performance inconsistency with some games? Noticed it today playing TW3, 1st spawn game was at like 20FPS running on low settings, 2nd spawn things were 80+ at ultra, it crashed, 3rd spawn back to ~20, respawn and its back to 80 again, wondering if they have some bad hardware in the pool :/
Maybe overusing some of their hardware

The Witcher 3?

I don't have that game. I've been grinding Forza Horizon 5, The Crew Motorfest, Assassin's creed Mirage and Fortnite and play them on max settings. Haven't noticed anything yet on Ultra.

I'm going to KZN for a week now so I'm taking my xbox controller with me. Will get some more game time in this coming week.

Total War 3, noticed it with any really CPU heavy game

If you run a bench on Assassin's Creed Valhalla you can see the cpu usage and per core usage during the benchmark. The CPU looks beefy and the core usage is evenly distributed so it shouldn't be a bottleneck.

Total War 3, noticed it with any really CPU heavy game
Any game that relies heavily on single core performance will suffer (Total War series, AOE series etc) because the cpu we have here (Threadripper 3955wx) isn't strong enough to brute force a single threaded game.
Besides that use case, it's a pretty decent cpu.

Back