Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 – South African pricing

absynth

Expert Member
And you can buy the Palit RTX 2070 from Wootware for R8399.

The Evetech prices makes no sense.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
The 20 series is a joke so far. The USD prices are total BS, which compounds the misery here with the outrageously poor local pricing.

Loppas

And you can buy the Palit RTX 2070 from Wootware for R8399.

The Evetech prices makes no sense.
Yeah but you're buying palit :sick:. In general the palit cards are a bit cheaper in price, if you look at the better make 2070s on wootware they go for 10k+.

Last edited:

wernervn

Yeah but you're buying palit :sick:
I'm a casual gamer and for me, a mid-range card is good enough. I've been waiting for the release of the 2060 card (currently on 960), but the price seems a bit excessive compared to the R3400 I paid for my 960.

So even a Palit 2070 (is it really that bad?) for the same price as the 2060 card would push me to rather go for the 2070 GPU, and thus invalidate (at least) my justification for a 2060.

absynth

Expert Member
Yeah but you're buying palit :sick:
Please enlighten me to why it's a :sick:

Do you have experience with them to warrant the comment?

Just interested to know because when I do a search, people seem to rate them highly.

stefan9

Executive Member
The 20 series is a joke so far. The USD prices are total BS, which compounds the misery here with the outrageously poor local pricing.
Blame AMD. Until they come up with a ryzen gpu version NV will keep charging what they want.

Loppas

Please enlighten me to why it's a :sick:

Do you have experience with them to warrant the comment?

Just interested to know because when I do a search, people seem to rate them highly.
I'v had palit cards before, had a 9800gt and a gtx 560ti. Palit is a cheaper make and hence the build quality reflects that e.g. cheap thin fans, thats one reason i'd personally stray away from it.

Back when i had a 9800gt and not knowing about how overclocking works, I put all the overclocking sliders to max and the card broke within a week. That one was on me, but the card was terrible at handling overclocks. When i had the 560ti i wanted to clean the dust that was sitting on the fins properly and i ended up breaking one of the fins because it was so fragile and cheap, temps were also horrible on the 560ti which was a combination of the fermi architecture and the cheap cooling on the card.

If the reviews say its fine, then i can't really argue against that and obviously im a bit out of touch with how the newer palit cards are.

Last edited:

H1TMANlol

Can you people see why monopoly is bad . Same **** with Eskom and DSTV . We need more competition. AMD will save Nvidia fanboys with lower prices soon .

Rabobi

Executive Member
I'v had palit cards before, had a 9800gt and a gtx 560ti. Palit is a cheaper make and hence the build quality reflects that e.g. cheap thin fans, thats one reason i'd personally stray away from it.

Back when i had a 9800gt and not knowing about how overclocking works, I put all the overclocking sliders to max and the card broke within a week. That one was on me, but the card was terrible at handling overclocks. When i had the 560ti i wanted to clean the dust that was sitting on the fins properly and i ended up breaking one of the fins because it was so fragile and cheap, temps were also horrible on the 560ti which was a combination of the fermi architecture and the cheap cooling on the card.

If the reviews say its fine, then i can't really argue against that and obviously im a bit out of touch with how the newer palit cards are.
Fair comment. Build quality simply wont be as great as the top brands. But i havent seen any real mention of card failures. I know some of the early 2080 cards were failing, but that wasnt a brand issue either if i recall correctly. Will try dig it up