Observation

LandyMan

Honorary Master
I have my iBurst connection at home, basically connected 24/7 (WBS allowing). During the day I test periodically to see if the connection is still up (from the office). At this stage I don't even have to do that. Whenever I see the posts on this forum dying down, I know iBurst is experiencing some problems ...

Use it, don't use it ... my message: This forum is an absolute necessity for ANY iBurst subscriber. :)

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
LandyMan said:
I have my iBurst connection at home, basically connected 24/7 (WBS allowing). During the day I test periodically to see if the connection is still up (from the office). At this stage I don't even have to do that. Whenever I see the posts on this forum dying down, I know iBurst is experiencing some problems ...

Use it, don't use it ... my message: This forum is an absolute necessity for ANY iBurst subscriber. :)
Did you not mean:

"Whenever I see the posts on this forum increasing, I know iBurst is experiencing some problems ..."

LandyMan

Honorary Master
ic said:
Did you not mean:

"Whenever I see the posts on this forum increasing, I know iBurst is experiencing some problems ..."

Nope ... there is normally a quiet before the storm ... I reckon everyone waiting for the forum to load, and then there is a flood of posts :D

For instance, there were very few threads (1 or 2) being updated in the last 30 minutes, and all of a sudden now I am looking at about 8 of them that has been updated

Last edited:

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
Oh, ic ic ic, well not really bcos I haven't really noticed that :)

//slaps ic as reminder to pay more attention :D

LandyMan

Honorary Master
ic said:
Oh, ic ic ic, well not really bcos I haven't really noticed that :)

//slaps ic as reminder to pay more attention :D

Yeah, I am bored at work :eek: , so I guess I refresh more often than most other people on the forum

nocilah

Banned
Yeah at work we dont use iBurst at all... have you noticed LandyMan iburst.co.za doesnt work on other connections?

nocilah

Banned
ahh there we go... funny it doesnt work with a sentech connection... The moment I switch to our Diginet line it works... Ha Ha me wanders if Sentech are doing this on purpose? And how typical... NOTHING in their incident report.

ic

MyBroadband
Super Moderator
LandyMan said:
Yeah, I am bored at work :eek: , so I guess I refresh more often than most other people on the forum
Actually I twigged as to why I wouldn't notice such a posting-frenzy-slowdown before news of the storm gets reported, simple really, I use iBurst to get to the forum - so if it aint working I aint gonna notice the posting-dropoff ;).

LandyMan

Honorary Master
ic said:
Actually I twigged as to why I wouldn't notice such a posting-frenzy-slowdown before news of the storm gets reported, simple really, I use iBurst to get to the forum - so if it aint working I aint gonna notice the posting-dropoff ;).

/me sees a flicker of light on the horizon :D