Octotel’s new Cape Town fibre-to-the-home prices emerge

arcanum7

I went to RSAWEB site. The starting price is not R499 and it is not uncapped - 20GB cap. If I could get the R499 uncapped 10Mbps fibre line from RSAWEB I will switch today. And per RSAWEB it is a 24 month contract because it is a Telkom requirement. But Octotel does not have the same contract term...

zolly

Expert Member
I went to RSAWEB site. The starting price is not R499 and it is not uncapped - 20GB cap. If I could get the R499 uncapped 10Mbps fibre line from RSAWEB I will switch today. And per RSAWEB it is a 24 month contract because it is a Telkom requirement. But Octotel does not have the same contract term...
Maybe it depends on the fibre network operator. Guessing different operators have different prices, and those prices are probably on DFA or someone else.

Kylinho

I would apply for the service, if any operator who would install fibre in my suburb.

JStrike

Honorary Master
I would apply for the service, if any operator who would install fibre in my suburb.
Does your suburb offer high density and high wealth? If so, it will probably come soon. If not, then much longer

jackshiels

Expert Member
Does your suburb offer high density and high wealth? If so, it will probably come soon. If not, then much longer
Subsidy will ensure less well off suburbs start getting it soon.

For example, I do believe Plumstead has some stuff in the works despite being fairly average in income scale.

Kylinho

High density - yes, High wealth - debatable

Neighbours are keen on the idea as prices are lower than ADSL and since no VDSL upgrades have been done.

Chris.Geerdts

Expert Member
High density - yes, High wealth - debatable

Neighbours are keen on the idea as prices are lower than ADSL and since no VDSL upgrades have been done.
I hope you can start mobilising them then. There's Link Africa, 123, Vumatel and others to approach and get the process moving

AntiGanda

Banned
Sea Point, Bantry Bay, Mouille Point, Three Anchor Bay or Green Point only.

They've chosen to restrict data at 25gig for the lowest, which is very silly for 10meg lines.

Last edited:

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
Super fast speeds with low caps, who do they think their target market is?