Octotel 1Gb Line - Actual Speeds?

Skowt

I’ve signed up to a 1000/100 line with Octotel (unfortunately) through Cool Ideas. I’m in an apartment block with <40 units, Southern Suburbs CT.

I’ve had the line for the past month or so and fastest speeds I’ve gotten were 600-700 with the average around 400ish.

Could someone confirm whether this is “expected” results? Feels a bit low to be getting 50% of the package but I’m not sure.

Skowt

Where are you testing to, can you post some results ?

Did some more testing, turned off 2.4GHz and realized that my desktop was limiting to 200mbps regardless of settings, even after trying multiple ethernet cables, rebooting etc. Ended up deleting the ethernet drivers and afterwards I'm getting up to 850mbps with 1ms ping. A lot better.

Wireless gets around 500mbps which I think is good all things considered. Thanks @TheRoDent, not much else to action here haha.

PBCool

Cool Ideas
Company Rep
Did some more testing, turned off 2.4GHz and realized that my desktop was limiting to 200mbps regardless of settings, even after trying multiple ethernet cables, rebooting etc. Ended up deleting the ethernet drivers and afterwards I'm getting up to 850mbps with 1ms ping. A lot better.

Wireless gets around 500mbps which I think is good all things considered. Thanks @TheRoDent, not much else to action here haha.
Was going to mention it's usually driver or device related.

Rickster

EVGA Fanatic
People also seem to forget about NAT throughput in their routers.