Off-duty officer kills crowbar gang suspect during attempted break-in

schumi

Honorary Master
Cape Town - A police officer shot and killed one of five suspects who allegedly tried to enter his home, in what is believed to be a crowbar gang attack, on Monday afternoon.

The off-duty officer heard footsteps in the backyard of his Site C, Khayelitsha home and followed the sound to a room. When he looked out of the open window, he saw four men, apparently all armed with guns and break-in implements.
More at : https://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/western-cape/off-duty-officer-kills-crowbar-gang-suspect-during-attempted-break-in-31093179

Magnum

Expert Member
Completely unaceptable. He should have lived and died an agonizing death in public hospital.

RedViking

Nord of the South
They will probably be back to revenge? His life is over unless he moves?

genetic

Honorary Master
They will probably be back to revenge? His life is over unless he moves?
Hopefully they can catch the rest of the gang, seeing as they can ID the dead one.

No doubt the cops will be all over this seeing as one of their own was attacked.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Hopefully they can catch the rest of the gang, seeing as they can ID the dead one.

No doubt the cops will be all over this seeing as one of their own was attacked.
And do what with them?

RedViking

Nord of the South
Lock them up?

One could only hope for more... but we all know the reality.
Nah, they will be locked up for a day. or at least not for long enough. If I was that guy I will get my family and get out of there.

RedViking

Nord of the South
Many victims who retaliated in the past would be dead now. If anything, they'd think twice before going anywhere near this house.
Maybe. But there is a gun. And it is confirmed. They will want that gun.