Off-peak vs Unlimited

jeppe777

I need access for a month whilst my fibre gets sorted, which package gives the best speeds? 250 or 479

Im in CT Claremont

jbroo

I need access for a month whilst my fibre gets sorted, which package gives the best speeds? 250 or 479

Im in CT Claremont
It *should* be the same, but most people seem to have a better experience on the 250 off-peak package. Read thru the forums though, it may be **** anyway...

Last edited:

Sarg3_ZN

Expert Member
I am on the R250 package, use it exclusively for working from home, so can only give you feedback on usage between approx 6am to 5pm. Been using it since June 2020, after the ADSL downtime was getting annoying and have had no issues, connection is stable and allows me to perform my daily tasks with no hassles.

Just check your address on their website to determine how close you are to their towers, I have one that's under 200m away and its been working like a charm, however ymmv.

Jason-ZA

R250 off-peak - gives you the best speeds possible based on what the tower capacity, load and what your signal strength is, etc.

R479 unlimited - only gives you upto 10mbps, if your tower has enough capacity.

rick9k

I have the 479 sim and a capped sim, the 479 sim NEVER reaches 10Mbps while my capped sim can do 20Mbps

Carlo Koekemoer

Do not even bother with the 479 , I moved to that and the net speed is just about not worth it between 6 and 11 anyway , even just browsing youtube it buffers buffers etc , contacted rain and got the normal bs move router restart router etc , so 479 unlimited internet is very very dicy marketing , sure you have internet but can you actually use it is another matter all together , so I am moving back to 250 , just hope fiber arrives in this town before my funeral