Offer to purchase question

bokka1

Expert Member
Jip... Got the same message from our attorneys. They estimate the backlogs to cause a 20 day delay.

Our papers were lodged two weeks ago and attorneys just confirmed this evening that we are still stuck at Level 1 at the deeds office.

So close yet so far!!
And now the next problem is that Rates Clearance Certificates starts lapsing.

It's a nightmare to get all your ducks in a row.

RedViking

Nord of the South
So for the first time in my existence I have started thinking about buying a house.

I just got moedeloos now the moment I started doing a search on Property24. It is like looking through a dumpster.

Agents make me sick. Next to lawyers. Yuck.

Is there a better platform to search on?

Maybe even one that does not involve these..... I don't know what you call them. Specially Remax, Seeff, Pam Golding... Don't want any of those things.

Maybe a website dedicated to only very specific agents or direct home owners.

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
So for the first time in my existence I have started thinking about buying a house.

I just got moedeloos now the moment I started doing a search on Property24. It is like looking through a dumpster.

Maybe even one that does not involve these..... I don't know what you call them. Specially Remax, Seeff, Pam Golding... Don't want any of those things.

Private Property used to be what you are currently looking for, then they figured out the agents are willing to pay the advertising costs.

Have you considered fighting someone for their house?

Tman543

Lol for the Yuck. It is a deserved remark. I hated some agencies and phoning every second ad to find the exact address so I can do further research online. Some estate agents demand that you set up a viewing before they give the address. But for me, location was the first deal breaker, Just giving a suburb doesn't cut it.

If you in cape town. Eazi real estate. And I believe Property fox is used up country. They are agents websites but I have only had pleasant experiences.

doubletrouble

Expert Member
My property was finally registered yesterday after putting pressure on the lawyers (who only wanted to submit yesterday). There have been 2 closures at the cape town deeds office this week due to covid so it is truly pathetic that lawyers wanted to slow down the process during a pandemic and with the deeds office able to shut down at any time.

Tman543

My property was finally registered yesterday after putting pressure on the lawyers (who only wanted to submit yesterday). There have been 2 closures at the cape town deeds office this week due to covid so it is truly pathetic that lawyers wanted to slow down the process during a pandemic and with the deeds office able to shut down at any time.
Congrats. When did you the sign OTP?

bokka1

Expert Member

Lol, I am a lawyer and my wife has her own estate agency.

You must come for a braai. :D

Napalm2880

Expert Member

muisnes

Deeds Office Cape Town is going back to 30% staff from next week, so be prepared for delays.
Clearance figures was paid today.

Guess I'm playing some hurry up and wait between the muni and Deeds Office.

Caldo

Got word today that my transfer has been lodged at the Joburg Office.

I will give a full date account of the time line once registered.

Now it is the wait for 2 weeks and praying no Covid closures come up.

The Darkness

Expert Member
guys, if a property being sold has multiple agents selling it, are there any criteria for choosing which agent to use?

Steamy Tom

Executive Member
guys, if a property being sold has multiple agents selling it, are there any criteria for choosing which agent to use?

Not really, pick one based on your or others experience. Also if you see the house with one agent or were directed to that house by an agent, stick with that agent, do not jump between agents for the same property.

Personally I would tend to stick with a smaller agency that is known in the area

Marsie27

The one who first 'introduced' the property to you would normally claim the rights to commission, unless they have done a deal with other agent/s. If you haven't been shown the property already, then I imagine you could pick and choose.

muisnes

The non-franchised agencies have much more leeway in lowering their commission. Choose one of these (or at least one where the agent is also the principal of the agency) and negotiate a lower price due to a reduction in commission.

bokka1

Expert Member
The non-franchised agencies have much more leeway in lowering their commission. Choose one of these (or at least one where the agent is also the principal of the agency) and negotiate a lower price due to a reduction in commission.
This is the best advice.