Office 2016 (Arrrrr me mateys)

PsyWulf

Honorary Master
Well for the f&ck of me I had to backup everything on wife's pc and format the f*cking thing!!! I tried every goddamn officescrub script...uninstallers...regcleaners the whole f$cking toot....but it didn't want me to install a new offfice and doesn't completely uninstall the arrrr office.

My thinking is that it corrupted something somewhere....someone PM'ed me his account to take ownership (BIG shout out to @PhireSide...you a legend bud)...but even with his account trying nothing worked.

Well PC is formatted and I'm starting fresh. Without the arrrr me mateys bullshit attached.

If anyone can shed somelight if it has happened to them...feel free to elaborate and how you fixed it cause my wife was almost minus a laptop thanks to this f^ckery office and it inability to install/uninstall cause it almost met a wall out of frustration to install new / uninstall old.
MS has an office removal tool that nukes every trace from 2010 up,100% success here everytime

backstreetboy

Honorary Master
Well for the f&ck of me I had to backup everything on wife's pc and format the f*cking thing!!! I tried every goddamn officescrub script...uninstallers...regcleaners the whole f$cking toot....but it didn't want me to install a new offfice and doesn't completely uninstall the arrrr office.

My thinking is that it corrupted something somewhere....someone PM'ed me his account to take ownership (BIG shout out to @PhireSide...you a legend bud)...but even with his account trying nothing worked.

Well PC is formatted and I'm starting fresh. Without the arrrr me mateys bullshit attached.

If anyone can shed somelight if it has happened to them...feel free to elaborate and how you fixed it cause my wife was almost minus a laptop thanks to this f^ckery office and it inability to install/uninstall cause it almost met a wall out of frustration to install new / uninstall old.
Use the Office uninstall tool https://aka.ms/diag_officeuninstall

JohnStarr

Executive Member
As title states wifes has 2016 copy of office from an arrr-arrr site I believe.

Asked for product key.If I can get an original ISO of Office 2016 and buy a key from Carb from one of the resellers will it work? Not too clued up on this whole RTM vs VL thing.

She really needs Office to do her work and none of us has the funds to buy Office.

Any help here or via PM will be of great help.
Er, well if you want it to work, then buy it. Or if you have Office 365 at one of your companies, then you can load it on a machine you have at home as per the license.

LiengLiengZA

Expert Member
Anyways...it is activated...not arrrr arrrr style.
To everyone on this thread...thanks for all the help and advice...you people are absolutely the best.

ronald911

Expert Member
Does it have to be MS Office?

Could she not use Libre Office (or even OpenOffice) which is free and not have to worry about licences etc? As far as I am aware it is inter operable (with minor caveats) with the office suite
Agree.
Even Google Docs is great.

Been well over a decade since I last bought office. Just use the free legal alternatives now.

Even for my mom at her office, they didn't wanna spend Rxxxx to buy a copy of MS Office, so I got them to install Libre and it's about 4 years now and no issues.

Hemps

Honorary Master
Just go on Bid Or Buy and buy a 2019 edition for R120 or so.
Don't really trust bidorbuy, is there a recommended place where we can buy 10-20 licenses for Office 2019, no exchange, no monthly/yearly subs, no 1tb onedrive?
Just one off, lifetime license

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
Don't really trust bidorbuy, is there a recommended place where we can buy 10-20 licenses for Office 2019, no exchange, no monthly/yearly subs, no 1tb onedrive?
Getting more and more difficult to find perpetual licences as [software producer]+dog loves to milk the customer with annual licences.

backstreetboy

Honorary Master

EDIT: Ask for a discount and buy one extra for me thanks lol.

Last edited:

Louis72

Expert Member
Bought my 10 Pro Product key on there and Microsoft seems perfectly happy with it. They are all once-off from what I saw.