Office on Win 10 Pro

Pitbull

Verboten
How does it work.

Does it have a monthly charge? One needs to buy it separately?
All the things like Word and Excel is there. But can only be used as a trial... I need the full versions.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Your easiest solution is just to grab a year of Office 365 cheaply on OLX. Usually costs around R350. I've done it quite a few times now, for myself and friends and family. My sub expires in 3 years I think.

Pitbull

Verboten
This is so retarded. Pro used to have office included...

I think I might have come right guys. Thanks for the input.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
This is so retarded. Pro used to have office included...

I think I might have come right guys. Thanks for the input.
When did Window Pro have Office included? I've had Pro since Windows 7 and have never had free Office.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Why pay R350pa or pirate it? Goto Amazon.co.uk and buy a key for Office 2016 Pro Plus for around GBP7 (that's less than R150)
Because the 1TB OneDrive storage is really awesome? R30pm effective price is nuts value.

sajunky

Honorary Master
How is 1TB cloud storage not useful to a single user? I heavily rely on my OneDrive.
Add the cost of Internet traffic, then doesn't look good.

The truth is, pricing for Office 365 do not give advantages to the single user.

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
Add the cost of Internet traffic, then doesn't look good.

The truth is, pricing for Office 365 do not give advantages to the single user.
I'm still not following your logic. 1TB cloud storage costs around $10pm from most providers, and is a popular enough service to clearly represent value to countless 'single users'. For R350 a year you can have not just the storage but all the latest Office apps.

Office 365 is one of the best deals around, and the OLX pricing makes the value even more insane.

Netflix and Spotify also use bandwidth. That hardly compromises the value proposition.

sajunky

Honorary Master
I'm still not following your logic. 1TB cloud storage costs around $10pm from most providers, and is a popular enough service[...]
1TB cloud storage will cost you more due to the cost of Internet connection. No matter paid or free with the Office. Not an option for the most of South African (especially small office or single users).

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
1TB cloud storage will cost you more due to the cost of Internet connection. No matter paid or free with the Office. Not an option for the most of South African (especially small office or single users).
Yet Netflix is squeezing DStv? Bandwidth can't be that much of an issue. I think any person can place a great deal of value in having their files safely backed up to the cloud, even if they have to manage their data usage with care.

sajunky

Honorary Master
Yet Netflix is squeezing DStv? Bandwidth can't be that much of an issue. I think any person can place a great deal of value in having their files safely backed up to the cloud, even if they have to manage their data usage with care.
This is a joke. 1TB hard drive (or two plus NAS) will do a job quicker and much cheaper (no subscriptions).

Bryn

Doubleplusgood
This is a joke. 1TB hard drive (or two plus NAS) will do a job quicker and much cheaper (no subscriptions).
Not such a joke when your stuff is all stolen, a backup drive fails, you want to share files or you want to access your files on a multitude of devices without the need to connect a hard drive. It's 2018. Not being in the cloud is really antiquated.

And nothing is quicker than the split second it takes OneDrive to update your files once you've added or made changes to a document.