Official 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

Devill

Damned
We've got a Rugby15 pool again. Almost at 250 members. Gilbert RWC Ball up for grabs as well. And we're still negotiating. Might get it signed by the whole Bok squad.

Pool Code: warydole

Approve mine! :D

APoc184

Honorary Master
Kiwi singing to tune of Living next door to Alice:

“Oh I don’t know how we got it, it should have been Japan,
I guess they’ve got their reasons but I just don’t give a damn,
Cos for 24 years we’ve been trying to get our hands on Webb Ellis... (Ellis, where the f***’s Webb Ellis)
24 years waiting for the chance
We’re thrashing everybody then we go and lose to France,
Now he’s coming back home, we’ll surely get our hands on Webb Ellis.”

Ronjay

Expert Member

Kiwi singing to tune of Living next door to Alice:

“Oh I don’t know how we got it, it should have been Japan,
I guess they’ve got their reasons but I just don’t give a damn,
Cos for 24 years we’ve been trying to get our hands on Webb Ellis... (Ellis, where the f***’s Webb Ellis)
24 years waiting for the chance
We’re thrashing everybody then we go and lose to France,
Now he’s coming back home, we’ll surely get our hands on Webb Ellis.”

ROFL

Pitbull

Verboten
Ons gaan hulle "Bliksem" en hulle "Moer"

:D

Can't wait for the Wales game on Sunday :)

sand_man

Honorary Master
They keep going on about how close they've come to beating the Boks in the last 3 outings. Perhaps for parity is prudent to point out that these games were all played in Cardiff and at the end of the Southern Hemisphere season IE on end of year tours which we all know are generally a bridge too far for the tired Boks...

I'm not sure I consider victories against a sub par England and Argentinian side as good build up either. Argentina are no where near as competitive or competent as they were in 2007. In fact since then their rugby has been slowly going backwards. Currently they ranked 8th...

Wales have been lulled into a false sense of security and come Sunday I am hoping their false economy gets rudely exposed. Boks, without Bakkies, by 15...

Devill

Damned
They keep going on about how close they've come to beating the Boks in the last 3 outings. Perhaps for parity is prudent to point out that these games were all played in Cardiff and at the end of the Southern Hemisphere season IE on end of year tours which we all know are generally a bridge too far for the tired Boks...

I'm not sure I consider victories against a sub par England and Argentinian side as good build up either. Argentina are no where near as competitive or competent as they were in 2007. In fact since then their rugby has been slowly going backwards. Currently they ranked 8th...

Wales have been lulled into a false sense of security and come Sunday I am hoping their false economy gets rudely exposed. Boks, without Bakkies, by 15...

I agree with pretty much everything. I do however think it might be a bit closer and will call it by about 8.

I do feel sorry for Argentinian Rugby as they struggle to keep their players due to the good money that can be earned in europe for their players.

Wales should not be a problem as like you said this is the Southern Hemisphere. If I was them I would rather be worried that Samoa could stage an upset :D

Wall

Sports Addict
Does anyone have a full schedule of games that the SABC are going to broadcast?

killadoob

Honorary Master
You guys are writing the wlesh off way too much, i think it will be a very tight game won by a kick so i hope morne is fit because we gonna need him.

I don't see us running away with the win at least i hope not. Also we will have a lot of rusty players and i sure hope they are to speed :eek:. Either way i cannot bloody wait!!!!!!

Devill

Damned
I think that the welsh will try and keep close and hope the game becomes a tad looser at the end and then snatch the win.
I doubt the tactic will work for them though, barring if the boks bring on the full bench of replacements within 5 mins of each other.....

killadoob

Honorary Master
I think that the welsh will try and keep close and hope the game becomes a tad looser at the end and then snatch the win.
I doubt the tactic will work for them though, barring if the boks bring on the full bench of replacements within 5 mins of each other.....

Considering our lack of running i doubt it will be a high try game, it will be won on kicks i am sure of it as will most of our games but luckily we have the best kicker world rugby has ever seen.

Will the best kicker from distance the world has ever seen be playing?

Pitbull

Verboten
Opening ceremony on what time?

Is it today or tomorrow morning before the first game?

(I can see myself getting up at 3am to watch it :eek:)