Official : Diablo 3 » Reaper of Souls - Seasons

Beavis

Thanks for the runs last night, I need to check my build again, survival is ok, the dmg is not even close to the dmg your mage does.... I just tickle them. :laugh:

In two boats if I should continue with the barb or go back to the necro... dmg felt low on the necro as well...

Or are you guys running ancient gear ect to be able to do such high gr's?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Thanks for the runs last night, I need to check my build again, survival is ok, the dmg is not even close to the dmg your mage does.... I just tickle them. :laugh:

In two boats if I should continue with the barb or go back to the necro... dmg felt low on the necro as well...

I have only one ancient piece

The tal rasha 6 bonus is huge. 7.5x damage, stacking 4x. It hits fkn hard with meteors, especially with two gear items that multiply meteor damage by 5x each or something.
Give me some ancient gear and I'll go GR90. It hits so hard I have been able to afford to roll +life on gear instead of +dmg, and still take lvl 75 rift guardian down in 8 seconds

AfricanTech

Honorary Master

Nothing spectacular gear wise but the Tal Rash meteors do hit pretty hard (see Sinbad comment below).

I played barb last season and switched to Wiz halfway through cos the barb hit a dps wall that I couldn't break through.

Beavis

Cool thanks, that gives me hope, I will continue with the barb for few more days and see if I can get it higher. I like the charge raikor play style, feels quick.

If any is farming gr's tonight I would like to join if possible... get them gems upgraded.

ambroseg1

Honorary Master
So finally got my very first Primal last night. I was beginning to think its a myth. And low and behold, it was the mage fist gloves which I have zero use for LOL.

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
When you open the GR, you tick the empowered box. It costs a whack of gold, but you get one extra gem improvement opportunity if you beat the rift
How did I not know about this?

I noticed before that when I rift with other players that I get 4 chances and then when I rift alone only 3, but I assumed it was a benefit of multiple players being in the rift :smackmyhead:

Sinbad

Honorary Master

I noticed before that when I rift with other players that I get 4 chances and then when I rift alone only 3, but I assumed it was a benefit of multiple players being in the rift :smackmyhead:
No, you get one bonus chance if you don't die in the rift, and another if you empower.

Agent_Smith

Honorary Master

Empowered-rifts.jpg

Bottom circle is the gold amount. The higher the rifts go, the more that figure becomes.

Speed23

@Slooth, I'm playing out of season. I've got a demon hunter, paragon 940 something. We can jam sometime if you're keen.

Slooth

Expert Member
@Slooth, I'm playing out of season. I've got a demon hunter, paragon 940 something. We can jam sometime if you're keen.
Yea, I pretty much play only DH and use other classes to farm mats. I have Sinbad on my friends list already.
MadWabbit#2168

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
I'm really trying to get a decent speed farming build for 4 man groups but an ancient Yangs is missing. Need that to up my damage to be able to 1 shot everything, but currently have under 50 forgotten souls and under 10 db's. grrrr

On a positive note at least I did 1 conquest (finish GR 45 with no set items) and just gotta get lucky in a rift to get the 50 000 000 gold streak for the other. I'm a little pissed they took away the under 2 minute normal rift :( for conquest.

PhreakBoy

Executive Member
Had to test out this empowered rift thing last night. Did a GR60 to test out and got to level my gem 5 times.

Also found the second Unity and even though both of them don't have optimal stats it seems to have made a big difference. I breezed through a GR72 in around 6 mins.

Found some spares of pieces I already have too and will start reforging them to see whether I can get better stats. Come to think of it - I may as well reforge one of the Unity's - can't really get worse.