Official : Diablo 3 » Reaper of Souls - Seasons

HowTo

Expert Member
Hello Fellow D3 players.

Need help Need 1 more Conquest to get wings.

Any suggestions.
Done Avarice and The Thrill.

Was thinking on the sideline doing 6 different builds and solo GR 55. Any other suggestion.

Vrotappel

Bulls fan
Hello Fellow D3 players.

Need help Need 1 more Conquest to get wings.

Any suggestions.
Done Avarice and The Thrill.

Was thinking on the sideline doing 6 different builds and solo GR 55. Any other suggestion.
I'll be doing 6 different sets.

Last edited:

HowTo

Expert Member
I'll be doing 6 different sets.
DH het 4 sets gedoen.
Moet nou twee ander Sets. (Wiz)
Need to run with 1 Wiz guy. Was not required. Main char did lots of bounties and got sufficient mats. Switch char to Wiz gamble for items. And use Cube to get rest of items. Duplicate items for cube to make 6 set.

Last edited:

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
I have been doing quiet a bit of work in D3, monk GR 102 and DH GR 107 but now comes the grindy augment part of the game.

Hoping my mental stamina can hold up to 100 Augments on all my gear.

Obsidian

Good day. Was wondering how the drop rate have been influenced with the extra new torment lvls. Or my luck for drops this season is just very bad, compare to last season I was overflowing with legendaries and set items getting al 4 sets up and running after about the 3rd day.
I want to try out the wizard archon build, but after 3 days only got 2 pieces of Vyr, I keep on getting more firebird pieces or that damn blackthorn set. So currently I'm stuck at T7.
Would like to know if I can join some-one tonight that I can tag along for some better chance of finding gear and get past this speed bump.

ooogz

Expert Member
Howsit guys, quick question. I got a primal travellers pledge today. With a socket. My other travellers pledge didn't have a socket but it had crit chance. In the process because Ive lost the crit chance I've lost 12% damage. But it has a socket that I can use for a legendary gem.
Should I use the old one with crit chance and more damage or the primal with lês damage but a legendary gem?

ooogz

Expert Member
Sweet, I think I'll do that and augment it. If I augment, and use a legendary gem that's lvl 50 or lvl 100 does it make a difference to how much int,str, dex, I get? Or is it capped no matter what lvl legendary you use?

Sinbad

Honorary Master
Sweet, I think I'll do that and augment it. If I augment, and use a legendary gem that's lvl 50 or lvl 100 does it make a difference to how much int,str, dex, I get? Or is it capped no matter what lvl legendary you use?
Each level of gem gets you 5 primary stat if I remember right

Yster21

GR 113 solo completed on my DH rank 286, 3 more levels and I've hit my season goal.
My best was rank 28 or 26 as DH on EU. Was the season the Natalya's set was revamped (maybe Season 3?). Trying to find the thread but seems our old challenge threads have been deleted after the old WoW and D3 section was merged with general gaming.

Scary_Turtle

Expert Member
I'm stuck at 118, farming for better rolls again.
At some point the rolls aren't going to be enough, the general rule of thumb is you need to do 18% more damage per GR level. When you are at 118 that is probably 500-1000 paragon because of diminishing returns, so I'm gonna guess you need 2000-2500 paragon for your 118 and 2500-4000 paragon for a 120.

Gems generally need to out level the rift you are attempting so you are gonna need a group to level them. They also help with eating into the 18% damage per level.

The other thing you have to do (I'm sure you have realized) is rift hunting, I generally farm 100 keystones and only attempt possibly 5-10 of the rifts from those 100 keys.

Then the rift has to have a conduit pylon, a speed pylon and a power pylon to finish the guardian. So out of the 5-10 good rifts maybe 1-2 will have everything you need. I often skip power pylon on the first floor then tp back and kill the 1% of mob then get the guardian bellow 75% life then grab the pylon and destroy.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
Thanks to @ooogz got my DH up and running quickly on Sunday after only playing on the opening day.

Farming the RoRG for the Nats/Marauder Build was a bit of a pain but managed to do GR70 last night - still levelling the key gems (2 at 26 and the third still unlevelled); 1 Ancient piece so far; everything still pretty much unoptimised :); Seasons Journey not complete.

Quite enjoying the build, very much 'run, pause, obliterate' style of play.

AfricanTech

Honorary Master
At some point the rolls aren't going to be enough, the general rule of thumb is you need to do 18% more damage per GR level. When you are at 118 that is probably 500-1000 paragon because of diminishing returns, so I'm gonna guess you need 2000-2500 paragon for your 118 and 2500-4000 paragon for a 120.

Gems generally need to out level the rift you are attempting so you are gonna need a group to level them. They also help with eating into the 18% damage per level.

The other thing you have to do (I'm sure you have realized) is rift hunting, I generally farm 100 keystones and only attempt possibly 5-10 of the rifts from those 100 keys.

Then the rift has to have a conduit pylon, a speed pylon and a power pylon to finish the guardian. So out of the 5-10 good rifts maybe 1-2 will have everything you need. I often skip power pylon on the first floor then tp back and kill the 1% of mob then get the guardian bellow 75% life then grab the pylon and destroy.
When I read the above I realise why I'm never going to be hitting those massively high GR's - the sheer amount of time required to farm, augment, level gems and build up paragons just doesn't exist for me.

Good luck to you guys :)

HowTo

Expert Member
Good day. Was wondering how the drop rate have been influenced with the extra new torment lvls. Or my luck for drops this season is just very bad, compare to last season I was overflowing with legendaries and set items getting al 4 sets up and running after about the 3rd day.
I want to try out the wizard archon build, but after 3 days only got 2 pieces of Vyr, I keep on getting more firebird pieces or that damn blackthorn set. So currently I'm stuck at T7.
Would like to know if I can join some-one tonight that I can tag along for some better chance of finding gear and get past this speed bump.
Used main char to farm bounties. Did a lot of Bounties to get lots of mats. Then used Kanai's Cube to get gear.
Switched back to char that requires gear. You get quick all char gear. Don't open Bounties only the char in question.
Need Wiz gear the wiz opens bounties. All items drop are Int. base.

Last edited: