Official Gridhost thread

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
Hi everyone

As most of you might know by now, Gridhost and Web Africa has officially separated. We ask that you unsubscribe from the Official Web Africa Hosting thread and sub to this one instead as WA will no longer be doing any hosting support.

Please feel free to post your GH related questions or comments here.

For security reasons please do not include any of your personal details in the thread.

Please make use of the PM (personal message) option for direct support beyond the thread discussions.

Availability:
Monday > Friday - 8:00 > 16:00 (excluding public holidays)

Cheers :)

aktor

Guys, what on earth is going on? I have an urgent issue and have been trying to call your support since yesterday. The phone just rings and hold music plays indefinitely. Eventually I tried to call your sales department to see if I can at least reach an actual person, but same thing. Zero answer. Ditto for my support ticket. We're reaching 24 hours now of me trying to reach you. For a hosting environment, where urgent issues can arise often, 24 hours is a long time.

You're not reachable by phone, not reachable by email, not reachable by ticket, and seeing as (at the time of writing this) you haven't been on the forums since last night, not readily reachable by forums either. When an urgent issue comes up (like now), what are we supposed to do?

Seriously, how can that be your level of support for a hosting service that services businesses and development houses? We don't host sites with you because we're bored, we do it because it's our business. Get it together, guys.

Last edited:

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
Good afternoon all. Apologies for the late response. Due to the suspension run we have been experiencing high call and ticket volumes across all channels. We are working as quickly as possible to get everyone seen to.

We are aware that some of you may have already paid your outstanding balances and our support team is allocating those payments.

If you have any outstanding queries feel free to PM me. I am happy to help.

MadCat

Dear Gridhost/WebAfrica

As of today I have cancelled my hosting with your company. You have not responded to any of my emails in the last 2 weeks or phonecalls (Just rings) and even worse you have double debited me my hosting fee which is theft. To the public, stay away from this unholy union of Gridhost/WebAfrica. They have screwed the pooch.

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
Really sorry to hear that MadCat. Initially we suspended customers' accounts that were behind on payment for much longer than a month or two and every week thereafter we suspend others that has not paid their latest invoices. We are also getting extra staff to assist with the billing side of things as the customers with billing queries are flooding the other queues. Nonetheless we take full responsibility for that and apologize. For now, please PM your customer details so I can liaise with the billing team regarding your double debit.

SharkBait

Executive Member
Really sorry to hear that MadCat. Initially we suspended customers' accounts that were behind on payment for much longer than a month or two and every week thereafter we suspend others that has not paid their latest invoices. We are also getting extra staff to assist with the billing side of things as the customers with billing queries are flooding the other queues. Nonetheless we take full responsibility for that and apologize. For now, please PM your customer details so I can liaise with the billing team regarding your double debit.
Are you saying that his account is/was in arrears?

MadCat

Are you saying that his account is/was in arrears?
Far from it. If anything Gridhost owes me money. My domain has been with Domaincheap then moved to WebAfrica for years and paid up. Its only since this Gridhost merger that everything has gone pearshaped. Its paid up and I got a suspended notification. No phonecalls or email replies from Gridhost for 2 weeks. The Gridhost rep has all the emails as proof and his yet to reply. I am also still waiting for my money to be refunded. With my own email on the registrar I managed to get it moved over to Afrihost, no problems so far and happy. I also have work colleagues who are in a similar boat and about to bail from Gridhost.

Last edited:

SharkBait

Executive Member
Just had to ask, as it kinda seemed that way from his post. Not sure why he would mention the 'behind on payments' part...

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
@Madcat - One of the billing guys tried contacting you yesterday after I explained the situation. I am asking that he contacts you again so we can sort out the billing query.

@SharkBait. I mentioned that as it was the reason why we had such high call volumes and could not answer calls or respond to tickets as quickly as we would have liked to. There were different cases for those that had paid the account already. Those that paid the WA account instead of GH. Those that paid GH but used the incorrect reference so the system could not allocate the payment correctly and those that paid via EFT a day or so before but the money did not reflect yet.

MadCat

@Madcat - One of the billing guys tried contacting you yesterday after I explained the situation. I am asking that he contacts you again so we can sort out the billing query.

@SharkBait. I mentioned that as it was the reason why we had such high call volumes and could not answer calls or respond to tickets as quickly as we would have liked to. There were different cases for those that had paid the account already. Those that paid the WA account instead of GH. Those that paid GH but used the incorrect reference so the system could not allocate the payment correctly and those that paid via EFT a day or so before but the money did not reflect yet.
He emailed me and indicated it will take 48hours for the refund to process. Will update when its received.

StuartR

Hi all

I have read all the complaints about Gridhost. It is literally unbelievable they are still in business.Hellopeter also has all these complaints against them. They are probably riding on webafrica faithfuls like myself. My experience with gridhost can only be described as utterly and completely pathetic. I suspect whomever is running this company simply doesnt care. Well good for you. The rest of do care about good treatment and at least a half decent service. In my case they moved my account over and just changed my payment method. No notification whatsoever1

This started a chain of events from a barrage of harassment final notifications. Many tickets were sent but they refused to use my debit order. Eventually i get an email to say they are sorry about everything but the matter has been resolved. Two days later I get yet another notification of final payment overdue. After many more phone calls, they just stopped answering, well so it seemed. I eventually continued with emails. At last the matter was truly now resolved. One day later my account was suspended. This opened a long line wating to make a call._._._ again. Eventually my wife phoned on her cell and was answered before me,,,,,,,,,,,! All I wanted was my email back so I can leave this disgusting company. I spent a fortune of my time on this, I dont see this company paying.

Here is the kicker, my account is R39 pm.

Apologies are nice to get, but soon wears off. In this case they mean nothing. Dont apologise for the 5th time,,,, just call me back and pretend to care, even better just pay me for my time and frustration, maybe then we would actually have good service1

I believe Gridhost has no morals, integrity or anything that resemble decency. I highly recommend everyone stay away from Gridhost because if you dont, eventually you will get infected.

MadCat

Hi all

I have read all the complaints about Gridhost. It is literally unbelievable they are still in business.Hellopeter also has all these complaints against them. They are probably riding on webafrica faithfuls like myself. My experience with gridhost can only be described as utterly and completely pathetic. I suspect whomever is running this company simply doesnt care. Well good for you. The rest of do care about good treatment and at least a half decent service. In my case they moved my account over and just changed my payment method. No notification whatsoever1

This started a chain of events from a barrage of harassment final notifications. Many tickets were sent but they refused to use my debit order. Eventually i get an email to say they are sorry about everything but the matter has been resolved. Two days later I get yet another notification of final payment overdue. After many more phone calls, they just stopped answering, well so it seemed. I eventually continued with emails. At last the matter was truly now resolved. One day later my account was suspended. This opened a long line wating to make a call._._._ again. Eventually my wife phoned on her cell and was answered before me,,,,,,,,,,,! All I wanted was my email back so I can leave this disgusting company. I spent a fortune of my time on this, I dont see this company paying.

Here is the kicker, my account is R39 pm.

Apologies are nice to get, but soon wears off. In this case they mean nothing. Dont apologise for the 5th time,,,, just call me back and pretend to care, even better just pay me for my time and frustration, maybe then we would actually have good service1

I believe Gridhost has no morals, integrity or anything that resemble decency. I highly recommend everyone stay away from Gridhost because if you dont, eventually you will get infected.
Well, I am still waiting for my money to be refunded. I was told 48 hours. Goodluck...

Arthur

Honorary Master
Well, for what it's worth, the migration of my account worked without a hitch. I received the appropriate notices, didn't have to do anything further, and all went smoothly.

I've since registered a few more domains, migrated a .com one, and all is well.

MadCat

So this morning I get a call from Gridhost indicating I need to give one calendar months notice (Even though I already cancelled and moved over to another host) and they will be billing me on the 1st of January 2018 even though they indicated they would be crediting me my outstanding amount back into my account which would have taken 48hours which never happened. Dear Gridhost, you people have absolutely no idea what you are doing. As I indicated over the phone to your gent Francois at Gridhost, I never signed up with you people, I was forced over with this WebAfrica merger. Please, go debit my account again, I will reverse the amount at my bank and we can go settle this matter legally.

Update: I got another call from Gridhost after remailing them and posting the above post. They have indicated my account is now cancelled and the credit will be processed and the funds will be in my account by next week...

Last edited:

UssOP

I never had an issue with the move either. All details were moved across successfully. Didn't even notice the change. I can imagine that not everything went through smoothly as indicated by MadCat and it is unfortunate that it got to the point that it did but as long as they are resolving the system issues and processes, I expect things to get better.

Last edited:

Gridhost

Gridhost representative
@MadCat - It is good to see that they spoke to you about this. Earlier I requested that our billing team speak to you over the phone instead of going back and forth via email the entire time. After he spoke to you I asked for the update and heard that the cancellation that was processed was going to take effect at the end of January because of our cancellations term being a full calendar month's notice. That is when I told him it would be best to ask a senior to process the cancellation instead so it can be scheduled immediately. You are more than welcome to PM me if you would like an update on anything.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience and all the best for the future.

MadCat

Just thought I would update on my issue, I never received my money back. It seems their billing department credited some other bank account even though my banking details are correct on their control panel. I sent them a email on the 3rd of January 2018 after they left a voicemail indicating they credited XYZ account (Which was not mine) with a print screen of my banking details on their control panel. So, in conclusion after weeks of going back and forth I have been unsuccessful in getting my money back. They have also not attempted to contact me either and gone silent on all fronts. If I had to rate Gridhost from 1 to 10 it would be -100 at this point.