Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

8tpg88

I'm using port 443 and 10000, still no luck. Has to be my port forward settings
I was on rain fixed lte for a year and now on cool ideas vumatel Fibre and haven’t had to use port forwarding. How are you trying to connect? What firmware are you using on the ip150?

Awesum

Expert Member
I was on rain fixed lte for a year and now on cool ideas vumatel Fibre and haven’t had to use port forwarding. How are you trying to connect? What firmware are you using on the ip150?
Mine always worked with port forwarding. I did not upgrade the firmware on my IP150 and I've had it since 2014.

I'm try to access it from the Paradox My home site and also using the Alarmin app.

8tpg88

Yagan1

Hi. I am looking for a paradox installer (JHB) recommendation. Need to do some urgent repairs to my evo192 alarm linked to ip150. Current Error attached. Screenshot_20181018-011047_iParadox.jpg

Last edited:

Gamer

Expert Member
So I've noticed I'm on IP150 FW 1.39.002.
EVO192 FW 4.52.000

Is there any point in updating the IP150 to 3.01.000 (highest under v4) and panel to 6.86.000 (latest)?

If so, how do I do it safely without issues please? Are there change logs somewhere?

Neuk_

From what I've read, once you migrate to the Insite/Swan server system, you can't go backwards. I've purposefully stayed away from this. The app I use is without subscription, works 100% for my needs and has instant push notifications. I use a DDNS to access my alarm via IP150 and did away with the Paradox "myhome" service almost as soon as I installed the alarm system. Babyware to program/makes changes as required.
Interesting, I went with the Insite Gold app on recommendation of the installer that we used but have always wanted to get the alarm system to work the same as my CCTv does, dyndns service and port forwarding. I'll read through the rest of the posts after this and figure out what needs to be done...

rodga

Executive Member
Interesting, I went with the Insite Gold app on recommendation of the installer that we used but have always wanted to get the alarm system to work the same as my CCTv does, dyndns service and port forwarding. I'll read through the rest of the posts after this and figure out what needs to be done...
I think they have disabled that functionality with the latest ip150 updates? unless I understand it wrong?

Neuk_

I think they have disabled that functionality with the latest ip150 updates? unless I understand it wrong?
I hope not, I prefer having more control over how my home systems are accessed from outside my home network.

Awesum

Expert Member
Strange. My https isn't port forwarded
I can't access it from outside if I remove the HTTPS port.

I can't remember how I got it to work previously when I had my B593 LTE router, but it stopped working when I changed the router to a B315. I didn't bother trying to fix it till now, when I moved to fibre.

wpeg

Does anyone know for sure if I can connect a second 7AH battery here?
The battery clip that alarmtec sells says "2nd Battery" on it. This one (branded Elvey) says AUX

dsBuffer.jpg

IMG_1586.JPG

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Does anyone know where I can find an IP150 module with V3.x firmware on? I'm hoping to avoid the paid-for service if possible.

Neuk_

Any other recommendations for paradox installer. Stepahead non-responsive.
That is unfortunate, Ed is normally very good with keeping in touch, did you call or email? I need to chat to him some time as the REM2 remotes we have are next to useless for some reason.

Does anybody else have Paradox REM2 remotes and experiencing issues? At best, they simply work and activate/deactivate the alarm, indicate the status of the alarm and activate the PGM that opens/closes the garage door. At worst they simply do not work at all, from close to the alarm panel or outside my property, leaving us vulnerable.