Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

Igor III

Thank you for your information. Are you not concerned about criminals using signal jammers to make the alarm useless?
Not really - my opinion is that if they are that desperate to enter my premises unnoticed not much will stop them.

The MG5050 also have 5 hard wired zones on board (zone 1 to 5) - my perimeter is protected by outdoor wireless pir's and for indoors I have hardwired pir's (which are part of my original system).

I purchased the new system to use the outdoor pir's for early warning/detection and have them armed virtually most of the time. The only time they are not armed is if we spend some time outdoors (then only the area we are in is de-activated). For example when we are around the lapa/pool area, the pir's covering the front garden and sides of the property is armed - only the pool/lapa area is not active.

In essence I run two stand alone systems on my property (both paradox) - one indoors with hardwired sensors and the new one with wireless pir's for perimeter security/early detection.

I am also not sure how easy it is to jam the signals - found this thread on the subject, it is a a bit old:

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/is-wireless-alarm-systems-safe.633256/

Last edited:

Acid0

Expert Member
So after just one and a half years after purchase my IP150 dies. (no lights on the IP150 panel)

Is it normal for these things to not have a long life span?
Is the IP150 still the best option for paradox to control the alram via your phone app?

rodga

Executive Member
So after just one and a half years after purchase my IP150 dies. (no lights on the IP150 panel)

Is it normal for these things to not have a long life span?
Is the IP150 still the best option for paradox to control the alram via your phone app?
Which app were using? The newer versions you can only use the paradox apps afaik

drsmn

Hi there

Hope I’m posting my question correctly?

Anybody ever connect a Roboguard alarm interface board to an RDC SMX unit? I’ve lost a lot of of braai time on a Friday night ‍♂

Test button on SMX triggers an SMS, and if I call the unit one of the relays switches, as per my programming, but the RoboGuard relay that gets triggeres just does not cause the SMX to do anything, despite my input rules.

dw1980

Hi Everyone

All the best for the new year. I hope I am posting this in the correct section.

My alarm panel got fried by lightning the other day, and I am sorting out with insurance to get it replaced. I have the Paradox MG5050 Panel with the IP150 Module. I have decided that I will change the IP150 module to the PCS250 sms module. What I want to find out, do I need a SIM card with Airtime/SMS on it or do I need to have DATA on the SIM card too?

rodga

Executive Member
Hi Everyone

All the best for the new year. I hope I am posting this in the correct section.

My alarm panel got fried by lightning the other day, and I am sorting out with insurance to get it replaced. I have the Paradox MG5050 Panel with the IP150 Module. I have decided that I will change the IP150 module to the PCS250 sms module. What I want to find out, do I need a SIM card with Airtime/SMS on it or do I need to have DATA on the SIM card too?
Why the change to the sms module?

orange

Question - I have a REM 2 remote (on a MG5050 system) and would like to open and close my garage doors via the PGM's (suppose I need to set up two as I have two single doors with Digidoor III motors on. Any suggestions/inputs as to what and how I should do it would be greatly appreciated (i.e, how to program the PGM's and what to connect to my Digidoor unit as well as how to program the REM 2 (I have two) to open left and right door separately).
Ok - I did this:

took a digidoor remote, soldered the activate button closed, and then connected the battery terminals to one of the PGM's on the 5050. Programmed the REM 2 switch to activate the PGM and hey presto! Garage door opens.....

Endless issues trying to connect via IP150 module
This is an understatement!
I cannot even get ParadoxMyHome to create a login form me.
Every attempt to enter the Captcha code has failed, it is only capital letters and numerals and it has failed every time.
Must have tried ten times; this lot make the SA post office look efficient.

REAList_1

This is an understatement!
I cannot even get ParadoxMyHome to create a login form me.
Every attempt to enter the Captcha code has failed, it is only capital letters and numerals and it has failed every time.
Must have tried ten times; this lot make the SA post office look efficient.
Can only use it on wifi.
My supplier spent about 6 hours (paying for one only) setting it up.
Paradox is useless.

Ecco

Executive Member
Only noticed this thread now. Hope some forum members could assist me. I created a thread earlier with detailed description of the issues.

https://mybroadband.co.za/forum/threads/dcs-alarm-maintanence.951079/#post-22781714

Hi have a DSC PC1808 with DSC LED keypad (I believe PK5516). I emailed several installers in Jan to quote me for the work i need done, and I have not received any feedback.

Can anybody recommend some installers who i can contact for assistance?

Thanks

mikomo

Ok - I did this:

took a digidoor remote, soldered the activate button closed, and then connected the battery terminals to one of the PGM's on the 5050. Programmed the REM 2 switch to activate the PGM and hey presto! Garage door opens.....
That is awesome!
I am busy looking to purchase 5050.

I think I understand what you did, is it possible to take a picture of the wiring?
Also I was looking at the PGM82 but this pushes 24v with a max of 4A, the remote is 12v, would this not blow the remote, I am sure I am missing something here as you got it to work.

Thanks

8tpg88

That is awesome!
I am busy looking to purchase 5050.

I think I understand what you did, is it possible to take a picture of the wiring?
Also I was looking at the PGM82 but this pushes 24v with a max of 4A, the remote is 12v, would this not blow the remote, I am sure I am missing something here as you got it to work.

Thanks
It’s a clever way to think to do it, however far easier to run a cable from the pgm to the garage door or use a wireless pgm if you have a 5050