Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

mikomo

Agree, far easier for the garage doors since most houses a cable run is possible. I thought the solution is elegant in a sense if you wanted it to use a remote for the gate motor you don't need to worry about a cable run requiring some physical effort to keep it secure and neat. In addition it is a cheap solution provided you are within range i.e. a gate remote is between R100 - R200 and a wireless PGM for a 5050 is about R1000.

Chris_SA

Expert Member
Strange questiona My dogs stay inside (daschunds) while I am at work. They use the doggy door to my backyard to go outside if needed.

I have paradox beams and pir's throughout my property. I normally only arm outside as concerned that my dogs would trigger the ones inside - should I rather arm whole house or will the alarm inside pick them up if they jump on a couch?

rodga

Executive Member
Strange questiona My dogs stay inside (daschunds) while I am at work. They use the doggy door to my backyard to go outside if needed.

I have paradox beams and pir's throughout my property. I normally only arm outside as concerned that my dogs would trigger the ones inside - should I rather arm whole house or will the alarm inside pick them up if they jump on a couch?
you can get pet friendly pir's. We have cats and they have only tripped the inside pir twice in 3 years

SAguy

Expert Member
you can get pet friendly pir's. We have cats and they have only tripped the inside pir twice in 3 years
Sadly pet friendly PIRs don't seem to work for my mini horse, but they should work for a doxie.

Rhino

Hi All, question, does anyone know if you have to have the 307USB module and baby ware to setup the IP150 ? I had my full system setup by an installer, but would prefer not to have to pay him to come out again so wanted to give it a shot on my own. Same for installing the K37IRF wireless keypad. And once the IP150 is setup, can I look at the configuration for the full system, like the Witeless panic buttons etc, or would this need the cable and software ? Thanks in advance !!

spikegv

Hi All, question, does anyone know if you have to have the 307USB module and baby ware to setup the IP150 ? I had my full system setup by an installer, but would prefer not to have to pay him to come out again so wanted to give it a shot on my own. Same for installing the K37IRF wireless keypad. And once the IP150 is setup, can I look at the configuration for the full system, like the Witeless panic buttons etc, or would this need the cable and software ? Thanks in advance !!
My ip150 is connected directly to the control board and then connected to the network using a LAN cable. I have never used the USB module and can control/configure the alarm with just the ip150 and babyware.

stevenv

Expert Member
What exactly is the subscription fee for the IP150 or the app that manages it?

Neuk_

Expert Member
It’s a clever way to think to do it, however far easier to run a cable from the pgm to the garage door or use a wireless pgm if you have a 5050
Apologies for the late reply but that is how I had it done, cable from MG5050 panel to garage door, we can open the garage door using our REM2 remotes or via the Paradox app on our phones as well as the two remotes that came with the garage door motor.

Neuk_

Expert Member
My ip150 is connected directly to the control board and then connected to the network using a LAN cable. I have never used the USB module and can control/configure the alarm with just the ip150 and babyware.
Same here although I have never used Babyware, our alarm was setup using the TM50 touch keypad. I must download Babyware and give it a try...

Rhino

Thanks, Did you set it up, or was it done by an installer ?

Rhino

Same here although I have never used Babyware, our alarm was setup using the TM50 touch keypad. I must download Babyware and give it a try...
Yeah, I have the TM50 as well and wondered if you could maybe use it to setup the remotes / panic buttons and wireless keypad. Any ideas ?

Neuk_

Expert Member
Yeah, I have the TM50 as well and wondered if you could maybe use it to setup the remotes / panic buttons and wireless keypad. Any ideas ?
I remember doing some of the setup, like naming each remote but that was after the initial setup of the entire system was done by a professional installer.

Rhino

I remember doing some of the setup, like naming each remote but that was after the initial setup of the entire system was done by a professional installer.
My "big" setup is all done and configured with all the repeaters and PIRS and remotes etc by an installer. It all seems to work just fine, but like I need to figure out what some of the stuff does, like the panic buttons, are they silent etc ? Add the IP150 (which I will try on my own) but then also the delays on the entries, zone details etc. I really don't want to go back to the installer due to a fall out with them, but of course I need to make sure I know what everything is. Hence trying to investigate myself a bit and go down the rabbit hole without hitting my head....

Neuk_

Expert Member
My "big" setup is all done and configured with all the repeaters and PIRS and remotes etc by an installer. It all seems to work just fine, but like I need to figure out what some of the stuff does, like the panic buttons, are they silent etc ? Add the IP150 (which I will try on my own) but then also the delays on the entries, zone details etc. I really don't want to go back to the installer due to a fall out with them, but of course I need to make sure I know what everything is. Hence trying to investigate myself a bit and go down the rabbit hole without hitting my head....
I understand, I also like to figure out things myself so I can sort issues out, and not have to go back to the professional installer each and every time. I am sure I set the exit delays on the TM50 so you could look at that and I remember there being a lot of the setup options in the TM50 installer/admin menu.

Rhino

I understand, I also like to figure out things myself so I can sort issues out, and not have to go back to the professional installer each and every time. I am sure I set the exit delays on the TM50 so you could look at that and I remember there being a lot of the setup options in the TM50 installer/admin menu.
Thanks, will take a look. I just hope he has not locked me out with an installer code or something.......