Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

REAList_1

Yeah, I have the TM50 as well and wondered if you could maybe use it to setup the remotes / panic buttons and wireless keypad. Any ideas ?
I open the master setup on my tm50 with my usercode.
Inside it you can play around with the settings.
However, I cannot enter the installer settings.
I gladly pay the installer his well deserved money to install new units for me.
I really would like some positive comments regarding the new paradox gold software.
After them abandoning their users with the previous software I’ve lost confidence in their company.

spikegv

I open the master setup on my tm50 with my usercode.
Inside it you can play around with the settings.
However, I cannot enter the installer settings.
I gladly pay the installer his well deserved money to install new units for me.
I really would like some positive comments regarding the new paradox gold software.
After them abandoning their users with the previous software I’ve lost confidence in their company.
I've been using the Gold App for a while and it does what it needs to - arm, disarm,bypass , view zone status sends pushes. The only real issue I had was when Android O was released they did not have support for it and kept crashing but was resolved in a few weeks.

Neuk_

Expert Member
I've been using the Gold App for a while and it does what it needs to - arm, disarm,bypass , view zone status sends pushes. The only real issue I had was when Android O was released they did not have support for it and kept crashing but was resolved in a few weeks.
Same here, it does what we need it to do for now.

Rhino

What system do you have. The installer code is usually 6 digits long. The default is also 000000. Did you try enter programming mode on the tm50
Menu>advanced>installer programming
I have the Magellan 5050, running all sensors on wireless, but 2 keypads cabled in. One is the TM50 - When going to installer programing it asks for a 4 digit pin.

krieg

Seems the default installer code of 0000 does not work.... crap....
I have an older Paradox unit but they are all the same basically. There are actually three codes installer, master and user. Master is for the home user to change the system. You can always just reset the whole pc board and redo everything it's not rocket science if you download the installer manual and not the user manual.

Rhino

I have an older Paradox unit but they are all the same basically. There are actually three codes installer, master and user. Master is for the home user to change the system. You can always just reset the whole pc board and redo everything it's not rocket science if you download the installer manual and not the user manual.
I have 20 odd zones and 2 repeater kits, all labeled etc so don't want to have to do it again if I don't have to. HOWEVER... I just came from the property (I am only moving in on Wednesday) to install the IP150 and tried the installer menu again with the default code... and it worked... so I must have fat fingered it as it has a protective cover on it while the painting is going on. I do all that and then leave the @#%@#$^%ing network cable at home for the router... So we try again tomorrow to setup.... good times....

krieg

I have 20 odd zones and 2 repeater kits, all labeled etc so don't want to have to do it again if I don't have to. HOWEVER... I just came from the property (I am only moving in on Wednesday) to install the IP150 and tried the installer menu again with the default code... and it worked... so I must have fat fingered it as it has a protective cover on it while the painting is going on. I do all that and then leave the @#%@#$^%ing network cable at home for the router... So we try again tomorrow to setup.... good times....
Quite a few things you can do. You can backup your settings and restore them through Babyware. You can also interface via the serial port with a usb to serial cable. Lastly depending on your electronic and programming knowledge you can hook up an arduino or pi to your alarm system.

Neuk_

Expert Member
Eish :rolleyes: Having issues with my IP150/Insite Gold since Sunday morning, despite resetting my WiFi router and unplugging the IP150, Insite Gold won't connect for more than a few seconds so I get a handful of notifications but can't login.

Defib

Expert Member
So the paradoxmyhome DNS system has finally died for me. Has anyone found a solution to circumvent using Insite Gold, I'm very nervous of upgrading

Neuk_

Expert Member
Eish :rolleyes: Having issues with my IP150/Insite Gold since Sunday morning, despite resetting my WiFi router and unplugging the IP150, Insite Gold won't connect for more than a few seconds so I get a handful of notifications but can't login.
Ed from Step Ahead Security kindly came past our house yesterday and sorted the issue out, which looks to have been a dodgy connection between the IP150 and MG5050, go figure.

Rhino

Sometimes it’s the simplest things that escape you...... where can I get my panel serial number to setup Insite gold ? 8 digits, but nowhere to be found ? I tried on the TM50 but it says the panel serial is not valid- but I think that was for serial for the TM50??

alqassam

Expert Member
Sometimes it’s the simplest things that escape you...... where can I get my panel serial number to setup Insite gold ? 8 digits, but nowhere to be found ? I tried on the TM50 but it says the panel serial is not valid- but I think that was for serial for the TM50??
On the panel pc board I think

avr-rulez

Expert Member
I am looking for an installers manual for the old IDS Ultimate Six zone system. I have this unit installed and would like to re-enable it.

Also the phone line has been removed now so I am looking for suggestions around Radio Link to monitor station or GSM?

Thanks

REAList_1

Sounds like Paradox.
Mail them.

Rhino

Sounds like Paradox.
Mail them.
A few beer later and I took a stab at it again... Found its the middle 8 numbers.. Go figure..... At least its all setup now with Insite Gold. Just need to see what is going on with notifications as they seem to take a couple of minutes to come though, which does not really help me...