Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

simonbee

A few beer later and I took a stab at it again... Found its the middle 8 numbers.. Go figure..... At least its all setup now with Insite Gold. Just need to see what is going on with notifications as they seem to take a couple of minutes to come though, which does not really help me...
for the last few days, my notifications have taken over an hour to come through. not changed anything on my side, some am assuming a problem with Paradox. not that they tell you anything though

REAList_1

for the last few days, my notifications have taken over an hour to come through. not changed anything on my side, some am assuming a problem with Paradox. not that they tell you anything though
A sms is notorious for not coming through immediately.
It depends on the cell company congestion.

Rhino

Using the iSite application ? Mine are now coming through almost 7 hours later...

Neuk_

Expert Member
A few beer later and I took a stab at it again... Found its the middle 8 numbers.. Go figure..... At least its all setup now with Insite Gold. Just need to see what is going on with notifications as they seem to take a couple of minutes to come though, which does not really help me...
We are experiencing delayed messaging as well :rolleyes:

AntennaMan

Expert Member
I haven't received push notifications for weeks. The solution from Paradox's side is to clear all the app data, uninstall, reinstall and then add the site again.

This works....for about 3 days, then notifications disappear again.

Neuk_

Expert Member
I haven't received push notifications for weeks. The solution from Paradox's side is to clear all the app data, uninstall, reinstall and then add the site again.

Arg, another reason I want to bypass Paradox and somehow have the Insite Gold app interact directly with my alarm panel, kind of how I have done with my CCTv.

simonbee

my notifications are coming through ok again now. lets see how long it continues for

Rhino

They did give me an email address for issues - insitegoldsupport@paradox.com
Awesome, Thanks, will reach out to them and see. I’m leaving at the end of the month to go back on my overseas contract and will be gone for 4 months so really want to try and get it solid before I leave so I can keep a bit of an eye on it. The app arm/disarm works perfectly. Zones etc update immediately. It’s just the notifications.....

simonbee

Awesome, Thanks, will reach out to them and see. I’m leaving at the end of the month to go back on my overseas contract and will be gone for 4 months so really want to try and get it solid before I leave so I can keep a bit of an eye on it. The app arm/disarm works perfectly. Zones etc update immediately. It’s just the notifications.....
Exactly the issue I was having. Please let us know what paradox say

simonbee

and push notifications on my paradox system are once again not being received. We had a 10 hour power cut last night and has not worked since. I wonder if the loss of mains power is having some sort of affect?

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
and push notifications on my paradox system are once again not being received. We had a 10 hour power cut last night and has not worked since. I wonder if the loss of mains power is having some sort of affect?
Is your router assigning a static IP to the IP150? Sometimes I've heard of problems if the IP150 get's assigned a new IP each time the power reboots the router.

simonbee

Is your router assigning a static IP to the IP150? Sometimes I've heard of problems if the IP150 get's assigned a new IP each time the power reboots the router.
I will try that. Paradox replied to my email with the generic

"Please be advised that your panel and IP150 module should be upgraded to latest firmware versions.
To upgrade this devices please contact your installer or local distributor at below link. "

Rhino

They were able to see my notifications and asked me to confirm the times based on GMT to see if there is something common, then go from there. I’m going to do the test this afternoon and send them the times in GMT.

But yes, they also said to upgrade the ip150 firmware.

I have it on static as well.