Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

AntennaMan

Expert Member
From my experience , It was slightly delayed (30 seconds) last week , but in the last few days back to nearly instantaneous.

I am wondering if load shedding is causing crap with them if they being powered off or that the internet connection itself dies and comes back up with a new IP.

Now that loadshedding won't happen this week, if you haven't tried, power off ip150 and back on. If the internet connection is stable then hopefully you get instant notifications again? Just a stab in the dark
I haven't received any notifications in months. My internet is super stable. Not sure what I'm going to do.

Acid0

Expert Member
Could anybody give some advice.

My IP150 died, not a slow death just died completely.
There is no power what so ever that you can see the lights going on or nothing.

Is the IP150 just prone to do this or was I one of the unlucky ones?

REAList_1

Can somebody please supply a how-to for the Alarmin app.
My communicator has stopped doing arm / disarm from a cell phone sms. Anybody had this problem? It sends out all the reporting sms when it is instructed via the touchscreen.
This has seriously inconvenienced me.

The_Unnamed

WUD FTW
I currently have a Texecom Premier 412 alarm system and two of the indoor PIR's are starting to trigger false alarms. (5 in the past 2 weeks).

Should i bother with running new cabling to the PIR's or should i replace them and run new cables just to be sure?
If i do go the replacement route, can i go with any brand PIR?

wpeg

I currently have a Texecom Premier 412 alarm system and two of the indoor PIR's are starting to trigger false alarms. (5 in the past 2 weeks).

Should i bother with running new cabling to the PIR's or should i replace them and run new cables just to be sure?
You could also consider setting the sensitivity of the PIR to a lower setting

InternetLuddite

Expert Member

I had that for months. Random PIRs triggering but paradox alarm. Tried everything including checking all contacts in PIRs, changing power supply, firmware updates and we would get them still. Last option was to swap out alarm panel . Guess what caused it ???

A fcking big spider who was running around the house - size of my hand .On the day of the last false alarm i had inside the house, it triggered in a room that never triggered. That night as I walked into room , saw it and shat myself. Managed to throw it out of the house. No false alarms inside ever since!!!

The_Unnamed

WUD FTW
You could also consider setting the sensitivity of the PIR to a lower setting
I have no clue how to do that. Within the sensor there are jumpers for setting the range and one for pet detection.

I had that for months. Random PIRs triggering but paradox alarm. Tried everything including checking all contacts in PIRs, changing power supply, firmware updates and we would get them still. Last option was to swap out alarm panel . Guess what caused it ???

A fcking big spider who was running around the house - size of my hand .On the day of the last false alarm i had inside the house, it triggered in a room that never triggered. That night as I walked into room , saw it and shat myself. Managed to throw it out of the house. No false alarms inside ever since!!!
Kind of a difficult to resolve that one. Will stand watch one day and look for any monster spiders

The_Mowgs

Honorary Master
What could the reason be for my alarm going off randomly some nights?

It will never happen during the day but once or twice a month it would go af after midnight but never the same time or day.

InternetLuddite

Expert Member

It will never happen during the day but once or twice a month it would go af after midnight but never the same time or day.
What is was for me was that fcken big spider waking around my house at night. It was only internal PIRs giving supposedly false alarms. See my some of my recent posts in this thread.

Athos

This is far too vague. What type of sensor is causing the false alarm? Is it hardwired or wireless? Where is it located? Is it installed as recommended by the supplier of the device?

Right off the bat, I recommended getting an IP module for your alarm system because it allows you to see logged events easily which will help with investigating the issue. You should know exactly which zone (or device) has been triggered and as soon as it triggers you need to get up and go and see if there is anything visible that caused the issue.

alqassam

Expert Member
Ok got my ip150 and insitegold setup.

Issue is when I try using smartdnsproxy.com for Netflix and BBC, the ip150 does not work

Anyway around this or do I have to set up DNS proxy on a device basis?

InternetLuddite

Expert Member
Ok got my ip150 and insitegold setup.

Issue is when I try using smartdnsproxy.com for Netflix and BBC, the ip150 does not work

Anyway around this or do I have to set up DNS proxy on a device basis?
Login to ip150 and manually set IP AND DNS TO 1.1.1.1 - should be possible.

The_Traveller

Expert Member
Guys , alarm system is only half way. I would advise installing a cam at the point where your alarm triggers frequently.

In my case, if the alarm is triggered, I know for a fact some mofo is walking close to my house. I just did not know who it was.Now with cams I Know everything.

All above relating to outdoor mainly.

4kids

I am currently looking at replacing my outdated system with wireless solution.
Had a good look at Paradox and paid a visit to a local dealer who showed me a new product called AJAX.
The demonstration of the system was impressive and the features with ease of installation and programming on a phone App from where the system is controlled “which by the way is free” is seamless.
The wireless range of devices is apparently way better than other products.
The sales guy also showed me that the system can be linked to a number or companies without a need for a separate Radio to be installed via a automated request and it seems as if a large number of Armed response companies supports the product.

I did some research and found the product has won numerous awards in Europe including Intruder Alarm of the year award recently.

Also found this advertisement on youtube

Has anyone here dealt with the product before?

Would love to get some feedback

jeevadotnet

I am currently looking at replacing my outdated system with wireless solution.
Had a good look at Paradox and paid a visit to a local dealer who showed me a new product called AJAX.
The demonstration of the system was impressive and the features with ease of installation and programming on a phone App from where the system is controlled “which by the way is free” is seamless.
The wireless range of devices is apparently way better than other products.
The sales guy also showed me that the system can be linked to a number or companies without a need for a separate Radio to be installed via a automated request and it seems as if a large number of Armed response companies supports the product.

I did some research and found the product has won numerous awards in Europe including Intruder Alarm of the year award recently.

Also found this advertisement on youtube

Has anyone here dealt with the product before?

Would love to get some feedback
I wonder who is the distributor of this product in South Africa. (not an agent but distributor)

alqassam

Expert Member
Cool new feature for Alexa. Would be useful to get paradox to integrate into smart home

https://www.macrumors.com/2019/05/14/alexa-guard-rolls-out-echo-devices-us/

The free feature update, which has been trialed by a select few over the last few months, turns Echo speakers into security devices when no-one's home by allowing them to listen for key sounds indicating danger or intrusion.

Users need to say "Alexa, I'm leaving" to set Alexa Guard to Away mode, after which the device will listen for sounds like breaking glass and the sound of smoke alarms and carbon monoxide alarms.

According to TechCrunch, Amazon has worked with licensed contractors to break hundreds of different glass windows with different instruments in order to create a wide range of different sounds for Alexa to listen for.

Upon detecting an ominous sound, Alexa sends the owner Smart Alerts via phone notifications. Users can also play the detected sound from the Alexa mobile app or Drop In on their Echo device remotely to find out what's happening.

Alexa can arm a Ring or ADT security system, with the user able to choose to forward Smart Alerts they receive to Ring or ADT. Users with Away Lighting can also use the alert to turn on lights so as to make it look like they're actually home

Wl

REAList_1

So my Paradox TM50 touch screen lasted 14 days longer than the 2 year warranty.
I replaced the sdcard but it is still a white screen. According to the tec guy the touchscreen is faulty. He told me he has replaced 5 sdcards the past month.
Has anyone got any experience with the TM70? I will buy it if the TM 50 has to go.