Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

rorz0r

Executive Member
So my Paradox TM50 touch screen lasted 14 days longer than the 2 year warranty.
I replaced the sdcard but it is still a white screen. According to the tec guy the touchscreen is faulty. He told me he has replaced 5 sdcards the past month.
Has anyone got any experience with the TM70? I will buy it if the TM 50 has to go.
I seem to have to reformat an SD card every time there's an extended power outage (enough for the main panel to go off). Also curious if the TM70 is any better but kinda over investing in paradox seeing as how they don't play with anyone else.

REAList_1

I seem to have to reformat an SD card every time there's an extended power outage (enough for the main panel to go off). Also curious if the TM70 is any better but kinda over investing in paradox seeing as how they don't play with anyone else.
My system is connected to an inverter backup setup and never goes off.
Curious that the sdcard I got today is a 16gb Sandisk which was copied and not the 4gb oem card.
Unfortunately I have invested too much in Paradox to replace it.
My Ip50 has stopped working after Paradox stopped their servers.
The tech guy told me today that the new outside beams only go to 6m reach and never reach 12m.
All this means the current system will be never be expanded with new Paradox products. :-(

Acid0

Expert Member
Need some help. Had loadshedding. When it came back my little mg5050 lit up like a christmas tree. From zone 6 to 14 is litup. I tried 0000 955 but the warning lights dont want to go away. When I try to arm the alarm it moves to the stay or sleep but on the remote it turns red and wont let me arm the alarm. What can I try.

alqassam

Expert Member
My system is connected to an inverter backup setup and never goes off.
Curious that the sdcard I got today is a 16gb Sandisk which was copied and not the 4gb oem card.
Unfortunately I have invested too much in Paradox to replace it.
My Ip50 has stopped working after Paradox stopped their servers.
The tech guy told me today that the new outside beams only go to 6m reach and never reach 12m.
All this means the current system will be never be expanded with new Paradox products. :-(
I have a tm70 but only up and running for a month. Is it not the same as the 50 just a bigger screen?

I'm actually thinking of removing the paradox and getting a neat alarm system the only thing is integration with the armed response.

And the ability to wire outside beams

REAList_1

I have a tm70 but only up and running for a month. Is it not the same as the 50 just a bigger screen?

I'm actually thinking of removing the paradox and getting a neat alarm system the only thing is integration with the armed response.

And the ability to wire outside beams
I’ll be wary of wireless systems as they can be jammed with gate remotes. Several people have been reporting this. We live in Africa.
My Paradox wireless system is a 868 mhz system. I don’t know of any other brands that can do this.
The one positive about Paradox is that the local support firms are rock solid. At a price of course.

REAList_1

Now I need advice on my non-working touch screen tm50.
I get the option to replace the tm50 for R2500.
Alternatively and the tm50 back to reload the software as sometimes it does not do this right from the sdcard.
But it was working ie showing the screen with the original card.
Now with the copied sdcard it is blank.
My assumption is that the new copied sdcard was not done correctly.
I am now insisting that they supply me with a new oem sdcard as that was what I ordered qnd paid for.
Am I being unfair?
I don’t trust them with my tm50 unless I look over their shoulder...

Acid0

Expert Member
Need some help. Had loadshedding. When it came back my little mg5050 lit up like a christmas tree. From zone 6 to 14 is litup. I tried 0000 955 but the warning lights dont want to go away. When I try to arm the alarm it moves to the stay or sleep but on the remote it turns red and wont let me arm the alarm. What can I try.
Is there anyone that might know?

alqassam

Expert Member
Now I need advice on my non-working touch screen tm50.
I get the option to replace the tm50 for R2500.
Alternatively and the tm50 back to reload the software as sometimes it does not do this right from the sdcard.
But it was working ie showing the screen with the original card.
Now with the copied sdcard it is blank.
My assumption is that the new copied sdcard was not done correctly.
I am now insisting that they supply me with a new oem sdcard as that was what I ordered qnd paid for.
Am I being unfair?
I don’t trust them with my tm50 unless I look over their shoulder...
Buy the tm70

https://www.alarmtec.co.za/keypads/paradox-tm70-p-2043.html

alqassam

Expert Member
Sent the tm50 back to my supplier as the sdcard was not an oem.
Quote for tm 70 was R2900 installed. A lot of money when you’re retired. Plus it is not necessary as the hardware is fine.
I saw 2500 in your post. If you are spending 2500 get it and do self install.

Installation is simple as you connect 4 wires, as the wiring will be there.

REAList_1

I saw 2500 in your post. If you are spending 2500 get it and do self install.

Installation is simple as you connect 4 wires, as the wiring will be there.
And then I have to deal with its warranties - no thank you.
My support company is quite good.
Irony is that my two year warranty ran out 2 weeks before failure...