Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Has anyone any experience with Olarm?
We used to have it. It integrates well with Paradox and they have a nice app. The only downside is that your security company needs the Olarm base station and there is a monthly fee.
When ADT took over our local security company, we decided to move to another company that did not support Olarm, so we lost that functionality.

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Anybody know of a company operating in the Fourways/Broadacres area that can quote and install a home alarm system for me?

I need a wireless beam outside, two wireless motion detectors inside, a keypad and an alarm. Bonus if this can connect to an app.

The guy who I spoke to on Monday promised to get me a quote, promised again yesterday after following up and still nothing.

PS: No, I'm not drilling holes myself.

EDIT: they mentioned Paradox and I see it is mentioned a lot in this thread so I'm assuming that is the one to go for.

catman37

Expert Member
Hi All

Does anyone have experience connecting a Takex Wireless using the Paradox Wireless door contacts?

I setup mine sometime ago. A Theft jumped over the Palasade front wall and stole the Takex.
I have connected the door contact to the Takex and removed JP1 but the Alarm panel still says Not Ready.

Any help appreciated.

Whiskers81

Expert Member
Quick question for the alarm fundis, I have an IDS Alarm system with IDS PIR's how do i set / change the sensitivity for the pets?

simonbee

can anyone assist with how to programme the Paradox rem101 panic button with the mg5050 control panel either via the keypad or babyware?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
Two companies later, one with a ridiculous installation bill and one that never came for a site visit after they confirmed twice, I went the DIY route.

Still playing around but so far the two Ezviz csmeras are doing the job. Might get a third + base station with an alarm unit to complete setup. Built in alarm of the cameras are a bit...meh.

riscbroker

Expert Member
Two companies later, one with a ridiculous installation bill and one that never came for a site visit after they confirmed twice, I went the DIY route.

Still playing around but so far the two Ezviz csmeras are doing the job. Might get a third + base station with an alarm unit to complete setup. Built in alarm of the cameras are a bit...meh.
I believe Ezviz cameras work with IFTTT, so it's easy to tie them in to eWeLink and Google Home. Did you get your cameras locally or are they direct imports?

Hamster

Resident Rodent
I believe Ezviz cameras work with IFTTT, so it's easy to tie them in to eWeLink and Google Home. Did you get your cameras locally or are they direct imports?
Got the one through Takealot (think the seller is Baeta or something), the other I picked up at Leroy Merlin in Edenvale.

C1C and C2A. Looking to get another C2A and the base station. No wires make installation really easy :)

Haven't automated anything yet though, but I have a Pi3 lying around so maybe I can get it to turn on/off all the cameras at once.

rodga

Executive Member
I have a paradox system with tm50 touch pad.
Last night we had a power failure and when power was restored the tm50 language was in Chinese. I've tried to change it back to English but when I navigate to where the manual says the language option is there is nothing to select. Anyone had this happen before?

rorz0r

Executive Member
Last night we had a power failure and when power was restored the tm50 language was in Chinese. I've tried to change it back to English but when I navigate to where the manual says the language option is there is nothing to select. Anyone had this happen before?
I seem to end up with a corrupt microSD on one of mine every time there's a power failure. I've saved the files on Dropbox and can share the link if you like. Basically just reformat the microSD and copy the files across.

rodga

Executive Member
I seem to end up with a corrupt microSD on one of mine every time there's a power failure. I've saved the files on Dropbox and can share the link if you like. Basically just reformat the microSD and copy the files across.
Thanks! Please pm me the link.
Is it a straight forward copy and paste job?

REAList_1

Just don’t order a new one from the agents.
They gave me a copied one which was not working.