Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

8tpg88

I also thought so yes but wife is running stock standard ios 12.4 with exactly the same problems, open the slider to access the zones and the app froze. You can't close the slider and you cant bypass any zones, only way out is to kill crap.
It’s working fine for me on iPad and iPhone

onpartydig

It’s working fine for me on iPad and iPhone

Quite strange

This is reply that I got back from Paradox:

"I am sorry to hear that you encountered this issue.
Please note that I have checked with mobile team and they confirmed there's an issue with bypass buttons in latest version.
They said the issue have been fixed and a new version should be released in few days "

8tpg88

Quite strange

Please note that I have checked with mobile team and they confirmed there's an issue with bypass buttons in latest version.
They said the issue have been fixed and a new version should be released in few days "
Tested again and definitely working fine for me

alqassam

Expert Member
@Perrie

I will be adding a few wired outdoor passives the takex ms12fe to a paradox mg5050 I assume about 7 which I want to spread about over 4 or 5 zones.

Does each passive need 2 or 4 cables? Or is it 2 cables and 1 resistor (blue) per pir? Once I have the wiring done will I need to program it or will it pick up automatic?

Perrie

@Perrie

I will be adding a few wired outdoor passives the takex ms12fe to a paradox mg5050 I assume about 7 which I want to spread about over 4 or 5 zones.

Does each passive need 2 or 4 cables? Or is it 2 cables and 1 resistor (blue) per pir? Once I have the wiring done will I need to program it or will it pick up automatic?
Hi, a couple of things. A zone is a PIR so if you are adding 7 takex pirs you are adding 7 zones. Zones can be grouped together in partitions but the mg5050 can only support 2 partitions, totaling 32 wired or wireless zones. Also you can only connect 7 wired pirs so the 5050. If you need more then you need to add an expander which typically adds 8 expansion slots.

Remember to think about power requirement, the 5050 can only supply 2 amps in total so you will need to calc the total consumption of all the wired components. If you exceed this max, then you need to add a power expander which will need its own power cable.

If you go the resistor route, its a setting on the 5050 that you have to set and then all the wired pirs need to be connected with a resistor.

As for the cables, you get them with multiple "threads" ranging from 2 to 8 or something. Each pir needs 4 of these threads. 2 for the power and 2 for the zone itself.

If you connect the pir correctly to the 5050, and the resistor setting is also set accordingly then the zone will just work but it will have all the default settings of a zone. ie zone label, partition number etc etc. To change there you will need to reprogram with either an app or a keypad.

Its been a while since I did the whole alarm thing so if I missed anything then someone can please correct me. I would recommend to download the manual of the takex and have a look at the connection setup. Its not brain surgery tbh.

Last edited:

mtlost

Go for 6-core wire per PIR. 4-core will work but as mentioned by someone on this thread, 6-core will give you two spare wires, easier than replacing the whole cable is something gets damaged.

Each PIR will need 4 wies: +vcc, GND, Com, Zone.

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
I have a NV780MR wireless outdoor beam that set off the alarm randomly on Sunday afternoon a few times. How can I check if it is the tamper alarm or an actual physical event that caused it to trip?

I have a TM40 panel and the K641 keypad.

PS: Does anybody have a decent "user guide" for these panels?

onpartydig

Quite strange

Just an update, version 2.6.1 for IOS was released which fixed the slider bug on IOS.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
I have a NV780MR wireless outdoor beam that set off the alarm randomly on Sunday afternoon a few times. How can I check if it is the tamper alarm or an actual physical event that caused it to trip?

I have a TM40 panel and the K641 keypad.

PS: Does anybody have a decent "user guide" for these panels?
I had to decrease the sensitivity on my outdoor sensors. When it is set on its most sensitive setting, the sun reflecting off our swimming pool set off the alarm.

Gaz{M}

Expert Member
I had to decrease the sensitivity on my outdoor sensors. When it is set on its most sensitive setting, the sun reflecting off our swimming pool set off the alarm.
Thank you I will try turn it down. It could be sun off my sliding door or passing cars.

Homesecurity1st

Hi guys,

Craig here from homesecurity1st. If anyone needs assistance then please don't hesitate to contact us via Whatsapp: 021 525 9001 (Yes, this number is available on Whatsapp)

MEIOT

Expert Member
Any Alexa enabled wireless alarm systems people are using and can recommend?
Something that doesn't break the bank preferably

Homesecurity1st

Any Alexa enabled wireless alarm systems people are using and can recommend?
Something that doesn't break the bank preferably
You would need an automation interface to act as a mediator. Adding Alexa to your alarm isn't advisable though.

vavyn

Hey guys

Looking for advice.

Currently we have 3 old school type control panel linked with ADT. I wanted to change 1 of the old school type control panel to a newer type control panel that has internet access so that we can control our alarm system remotely.

https://easycctv.co.za/product/gt10w-gsm-wireless-alarm-system/

Can the above be done or the whole alarm systems need to change.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Hey guys

Looking for advice.

Currently we have 3 old school type control panel linked with ADT. I wanted to change 1 of the old school type control panel to a newer type control panel that has internet access so that we can control our alarm system remotely.

https://easycctv.co.za/product/gt10w-gsm-wireless-alarm-system/

Can the above be done or the whole alarm systems need to change.
the control panels are just slaves to the main panel, so no you cannot mix and match generally