Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

llap

And then I have to deal with its warranties - no thank you.
My support company is quite good.
Irony is that my two year warranty ran out 2 weeks before failure...
Coupla months late I know....but if anyone needs the TM50 files I have them

Gaz{M}

Executive Member
Anyone else not receiving all notifications from Paradox Insight Gold app?

I have missed a few AC failures/restore messages lately and even a few alarm triggers.

I'm using the IP150.

AntennaMan

Expert Member
Anyone else not receiving all notifications from Paradox Insight Gold app?

I have missed a few AC failures/restore messages lately and even a few alarm triggers.

I'm using the IP150.
Clear the app cache and add the site again.

Darook

Sooooo..... I have an outdoor "pet friendly" beam , a BX80 - I think.

The damn thing is firing every night randomly about 2 -3 times a night and it *****ing me off. ANy ideas on a better beam that will actually not be set off by a bugs fart or is this where we are at with beams. Is it a crappy beam or are there better alternatives?

mtlost

In my Opinion, the BX80 are some of the best available.

Spray some bug spray around the beam to keep bugs out.
Check overgrowth of trees and scrubs.
Check terminals for loose/broken wires.

These BX80 are pretty robust and they last for years, even in direct sunlight, they perform really well........in my opinion.

desraid

Expert Member
Hello. I'm new to home alarm system and currently have wyze cams and PIR installed in my home atm.
Then I thought I will connect a siren on the wyze plug to trigger the siren when it detects intruders.
But I have a problem with this siren! It was ordered from Takealot which requires 6v-12v DC power.
And I don't know well about electrical things. Can you give me advice to connect power to the siren at home?
I'm thinking of cutting one of my DC adaptor to join the wires.

Steamy Tom

Expert Member
Hello. I'm new to home alarm system and currently have wyze cams and PIR installed in my home atm.
Then I thought I will connect a siren on the wyze plug to trigger the siren when it detects intruders.
But I have a problem with this siren! It was ordered from Takealot which requires 6v-12v DC power.
And I don't know well about electrical things. Can you give me advice to connect power to the siren at home?
I'm thinking of cutting one of my DC adaptor to join the wires.
connecting a siren to a cameras motion detection is a bad idea, you will get so many false alarms

desraid

Expert Member
connecting a siren to a cameras motion detection is a bad idea, you will get so many false alarms
I agree. Then I can link the siren with contact sensors on the doors only. Triggers will be activated when I am away from home or when I go to bed. The problem is powering the siren..

warrenpfo

Quick question. Can I use an optex vxi to protect doors and windows facing the beam towards them or is it only reccomend to use a beam to protect doors and windows if the intruder is coming towards it?

See diagram below

Attachments

kyuubi64

Yes, the VXI's will work just remember to try position yourself behind the when aligning. If you haven't already bought vxi, thing nv780mx or bxs with anti masking would be a better option judging from your above pic atleast.

kyuubi64

Okay, so had a look again at your pic above. Two VXI's should be all fine.:)

warrenpfo

Thank you. Why 2 vxi. I am not concerned for the garage door or window but rather the house only. Would one 180 vxi not do the job?

kyuubi64

VXI is only 90°.
, But may be all right with 1 just maybe get to planks or something and put them at 90° and put them on ground under where you want to mount the VXI and take a walk along each plank just to make sure it'll cover what you need it to cover.

Nyt Ryda

Need to get my first alarm system ever and looking for some advice.

Anyone here using the Paradox MG5050 ?

How is the range when used with REM2 remotes ? Does the signal pass through brick walls fairly easily ?

What is the actual range like when using wireless passives, door/window contacts or panic buttons ?

How does the transformer/battery system usually receive power - via a normal 3 pin plug ?
Does it have to be the only thing connected to that plug or can it share on an adapter/multiplug ?

Any tips for the best placement of wireless passives like the PMD2 ? Avoid pointing to windows due to the heat ?

Is it better to go with a 433MHz setup for better range but I heard its more susceptible to jamming (even with a gate remote ?) or go with a 868Mhz setup with less range but that is harder to jam ?

Appreciate all the advice, don't want to make an expensive mistake. Thanks.

alqassam

Expert Member

How is the range when used with REM2 remotes ? Does the signal pass through brick walls fairly easily ?

What is the actual range like when using wireless passives, door/window contacts or panic buttons ?

How does the transformer/battery system usually receive power - via a normal 3 pin plug ?
Does it have to be the only thing connected to that plug or can it share on an adapter/multiplug ?

Any tips for the best placement of wireless passives like the PMD2 ? Avoid pointing to windows due to the heat ?

Is it better to go with a 433MHz setup for better range but I heard its more susceptible to jamming (even with a gate remote ?) or go with a 868Mhz setup with less range but that is harder to jam ?

My 2 cents
Mi installed 1 last year.

System came preprogrammed so just had to place the sensors. Setup was easy. Transformer on a normal 3 pin plug

I have 433mhz system not sure how easy it is to jam In hindsight might be better to get the 868mhz version.

1 thing I suggest is get the touche screen panel makes control much easier.

I hardly use the remote mainly use the app to arm and disarm. Comes at a cost of about R200 a year

Gaz{M}

Executive Member

I haven't had issues with sensor range, but the REM remotes seem to need to be pretty close to the wireless transmitter to arm/disarm. I get about 10m range from inside to outside.

Avoid pointing your passives at windows/doors where outside movements will cast shadows or sun flares (like cars driving past or trees making moving shadows on the inside of your house. Also avoid placing sensors along walls where cats will jump down (I have a stray cat that keeps setting off my alarm).

mtlost

I haven't had issues with sensor range, but the REM remotes seem to need to be pretty close to the wireless transmitter to arm/disarm. I get about 10m range from inside to outside.

Avoid pointing your passives at windows/doors where outside movements will cast shadows or sun flares (like cars driving past or trees making moving shadows on the inside of your house. Also avoid placing sensors along walls where cats will jump down (I have a stray cat that keeps setting off my alarm).
Or hadidas.......man those things keep tripping the one PIR in my driveway.