Official Home Alarm Discussion Thread

warrenpfo

, But may be all right with 1 just maybe get to planks or something and put them at 90° and put them on ground under where you want to mount the VXI and take a walk along each plank just to make sure it'll cover what you need it to cover.

Thank you for the advise. I'll check angles and make my decision. If a 180 is required I'll go get a takex. Appreciate the confirmation.

Brieuse

Need to get my first alarm system ever and looking for some advice.

Anyone here using the Paradox MG5050 ?

How is the range when used with REM2 remotes ? Does the signal pass through brick walls fairly easily ?

What is the actual range like when using wireless passives, door/window contacts or panic buttons ?

How does the transformer/battery system usually receive power - via a normal 3 pin plug ?
Does it have to be the only thing connected to that plug or can it share on an adapter/multiplug ?

Any tips for the best placement of wireless passives like the PMD2 ? Avoid pointing to windows due to the heat ?

Is it better to go with a 433MHz setup for better range but I heard its more susceptible to jamming (even with a gate remote ?) or go with a 868Mhz setup with less range but that is harder to jam ?

Appreciate all the advice, don't want to make an expensive mistake. Thanks.
We went with 403MHz remotes (Sherlotronics), Have visual indication system is armed, so if try to jam will know.