• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Official "Interesting pictures" thread - Part Deux

APoc184

Honorary Master
Damn! Cut in half!

On 4 October 1992, El Al Flight 1862, a Boeing 747 cargo aircraft of the state-owned Israeli airline El Al, crashed into the Groeneveen and Klein-Kruitberg flats in the Bijlmermeer neighbourhood of Amsterdam, the Netherlands.

A total of 43 people were officially reported killed, including the aircraft's three crew members, a non-revenue passenger in a jump seat, and 39 people on the ground. In addition to these fatalities, 11 people were seriously injured and 15 people received minor injuries. The exact number of people killed on the ground is in dispute, as the building had a high concentration of illegal immigrants.
WRJOKkQ.jpg

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Shipping containers as a house.

Only a render but it is apparently going to be built.

That looks really cool....but what purpose would the containers that is pointed up into the air at a angle serve? You cant do anything with that space.

ponder

Honorary Master
That looks really cool....but what purpose would the containers that is pointed up into the air at a angle serve? You cant do anything with that space.
None besides letting light in and looking nice.

My big issues is living in a metal box in the desert, insulation or not.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender

Mmmmm ok. I would put like those big industrial fans in there....but the rotation must be able to be reversed, so it can either suck air in or blow it out.

Mister 44

Executive Member

Not entirely pointless. If cut smartly they create space in the center of the home.

joshua-tree-residence-whitaker-studio_dezeen_2364_col_4.jpg

APoc184

Honorary Master
Photographer Peter Menzel asked 6 families from 6 different countries to show what their average weekly food consumption looks like.

KUWAIT

SW5P4Cp.jpg

FRANCE

6mfDcYr.jpg

TURKEY

y6secAJ.jpg

MALI

of9cSqk.jpg

ECUADOR

1fK1qC4.jpg

AND OF COURSE THE GOOD OLD USA

GC8aZih.jpg

cerebus

Honorary Master
Photographer Peter Menzel asked 6 families from 6 different countries to show what their average weekly food consumption looks like.
It's striking how much more natural foods the people from poorer countries consume. It's such a shame that prosperity is somehow aligned with worsening diets.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
It's striking how much more natural foods the people from poorer countries consume. It's such a shame that prosperity is somehow aligned with worsening diets.
French and Turkey pics looks pretty good...US and Kuwait not so much.

The number of kids in each picture tells a story.

APoc184

Honorary Master
2017 Rezvani Tank.

It is ugly but for some reason I kinda like it.

Californian coachbuilder Rezvani has now tackled the SUV segment with the imposing Tank off-roader.
Based on the Jeep Wrangler, the vehicle boasts a 500-horsepower V-8, suicide-style rear doors and night vision. Everything about this vehicle is extreme, including pricing which starts at $178,000.
QvVyzjW.jpg

Di3uhHf.jpg

GBSXopX.jpg

Album with many more pics