Official Manchester United Supporters' Thread Part 4

cenredash

Expert Member
Should stick with Mctominay... Matic was irritatingly slow
Agreed. We have done excellently under OGS but we're a better team with Herrera, McT and Lingard in the big games.

Fine margins though. Early miss from lukaku. And a few chances more chances for the forwards that's been going in so far but not today. Can't complain. Wait...

Ole out!!

powermzii

Expert Member
Also thought Pogba was wasteful and yes Maroc didnt do much in terms of forward ball. But we did have chances that we should bav converted.... United, Arsenal, Chelsea is tight at the moment

fishfly

Honorary Master
Tonight clearly showed the players were hung over from the emphatic win against PSG. Rashford was wasteful and wanted to put his foot through the ball every chance he got. Lukaku again first touch non existent should have at least buried all those chances, Pogba wasteful and didn't really look like he was bothered. Fred should have started with Mctominey or be subbed during the match - his passing was poor his decision making was poor and kept wanting to run himself out of danger but instead he puts the team at risk.

Matic clearly not match fit but starts over McTominey?

Tactically we were disjointed today and I'll notch it down to the hang over from Wednesday

The Voice

Executive Member
Tonight clearly showed the players were hung over from the emphatic win against PSG. Rashford was wasteful and wanted to put his foot through the ball every chance he got. Lukaku again first touch non existent should have at least buried all those chances, Pogba wasteful and didn't really look like he was bothered. Fred should have started with Mctominey or be subbed during the match - his passing was poor his decision making was poor and kept wanting to run himself out of danger but instead he puts the team at risk.

Matic clearly not match fit but starts over McTominey?

Tactically we were disjointed today and I'll notch it down to the hang over from Wednesday
Honestly, I think we'd have been worse off. We played, and lost, on Thursday with 10 men for an entire half, but we had bags of energy today. You guys had your chances, but they just wouldn't go in for once. Apart from the first 30mins, it was a very even match - but you were definitely ahead as far as goal scoring opportunities went.

Lostboy

Oh well that's footie gents, besides for the first 20 odd minutes I think we were in with a shout. 2 shots against the bar, Leno with a few good saves. The other end DE Gea wasn't all that busy? Besides the goal and pen?

Pogba was a bit wasteful at times, Dalot obviously out of position and when in attacking positions doing what most wing backs would do, look for a cross.

We atleast attacked till the very end. And I'm happy about that. Not the log though :(

Onto Wolves, this weekend. Tough game.

cenredash

Expert Member
Bring. It. Oooooooooooh shite.

Like I said earlier, I don't mind. Would hate going out against a Porto or an Ajax. We're very much in a transitionary year.

eXisor

Expert Member
Lets just enjoy it, who would have thought (earlier in the season) that we would be where we are today.

Bring on Wolves !!
I agree. Win or lose, the Barca games are an unexpected bonus, and we're still in the fight for 3 or 4th in PL. Most importantly, we're playing with more cohesion, purpose and spirit now. Even if we don't get CL next year, I'm still happier with the direction were going under Ole.
I'm looking forward to the Wolves game and back us for another win. As FishFly said above, the PSG away leg took a lot out of us, but we've had a week to rest and practice so should be ready for Wolves.

Last edited:

kooldude

Expert Member
Just imagine what it would mean if we could beat Barca in the next round. But realistically speaking this round is a bonus round for us. Let's just enjoy these 2 games in the CL.

fishfly

Honorary Master
I've already written us off in the CL so win lose against Barca it's an extra 2 matches that I will be watching non the less. Stoked we gave this moneybagsSG a good wake up call 6 years running :D

cenredash

Expert Member
Well I've written us off in the fa cup. Can't do both CL and FA and try for fourth.
Also if we could only beat wolves in one of the matches I'd make it the league.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
SOLSKJAER ANNOUNCED AS FULL-TIME MANAGER

“From the first day I arrived, I felt at home at this special club,” said Solskjær. “It was an honour to be a Manchester United player, and then to start my coaching career here. The last few months have been a fantastic experience and I want to thank all of the coaches, players and staff for the work we’ve done so far. This is the job that I always dreamed of doing and I’m beyond excited to have the chance to lead the club long-term and hopefully deliver the continued success that our amazing fans deserve.”

Ed Woodward, Executive Vice Chairman, comments: “Since coming in as caretaker manager in December, the results Ole has delivered speak for themselves.

“More than just performances and results, Ole brings a wealth of experience, both as a player and as a coach, coupled with a desire to give young players their chance and a deep understanding of the culture of the club. This all means that he is the right person to take Manchester United forward.