Official Manchester United Supporters' Thread Part 4

Splinter

Honorary Master
After a terrible 2 or so months at the end of the season nobody cared if DDG stayed or went.

And then the bottom fell out of the goalkeeper market this transfer window and everyone was talking CBs, RBs and attackers.

And then we offer 375k per week and we sign DDG up for another 6 years when no one, read Real Madrid, had any budget left. Yay us.
Are you unhappy we kept DDG?

cenredash

Expert Member
I'm very happy he is staying and well worth his paycheck, if not for now but in what he has meant for the club for the last few years. Top 3 goalkeeper in the world as far as I'm concerned. Its just as fishfly noted our transfer market activity is just letting me scratch my head.

Not sure if anyone else has seen the interview with Zlatan about the MLS ever being as big as the big European leagues. He says they could be if they wanted to be as big, and if the football was as important as the rest of it i.e. Money, in the American league. He also said in Europe a couple of clubs are about the money. The rest are about the football. Just an interesting, but not new take on the subject.

fishfly

Honorary Master
I'm very happy he is staying and well worth his paycheck, if not for now but in what he has meant for the club for the last few years. Top 3 goalkeeper in the world as far as I'm concerned. Its just as fishfly noted our transfer market activity is just letting me scratch my head.

Not sure if anyone else has seen the interview with Zlatan about the MLS ever being as big as the big European leagues. He says they could be if they wanted to be as big, and if the football was as important as the rest of it i.e. Money, in the American league. He also said in Europe a couple of clubs are about the money. The rest are about the football. Just an interesting, but not new take on the subject.
Manchester United is now a commercial club... nothing more we not longer perform in football but we sell the club as a brand. Especially with Ed Woodnob at the helm, he is clueless last season he should have bought Maguire at the requested price instead he toiled and gave JM his ammo to leave. This season due to all the failures he has to spend in order to keep the club "attractive" and marketable. Every player is using United as the money bags scrape goat in order to make that last pay check. We should have wrapped up DDG's 350k a season last year but instead he toiled till now to sign DDG

dbecks

Executive Member
Mother of mercy. I just watched this link. The first instance showed Mata getting off an amazing pass even when tackled from behind. The second was him giving an awesome pass that almost unleashed Daniel James. The last instance was him being fouled and the opponent getting yellow card.

I have no frikken idea what your point of view is. It's like your account has been hacked.
Okay lets change the pace here - Pace being the operative word

OGS has openly said that pace is what he is going for this season. Not just in attack but also in terms of pressing oppenents for the ball

On the weekend, we played with the front 4 of

Rashford
Martial/Lingard/James
Lingard was in the number 10 role it seems. I would actually prefer Mata than Lingard there? However Lingard is much quicker and we look a fast team right now (Mmmm I dunno)

I think this is where Fernandes will fit in perfectly
Whats your take? WHat do you think OGS would go for - is this our first team up front?

Last edited:

dbecks

Executive Member
Forgot to mention Pogba missing again... that's 1 good 45 minutes he gave against Leeds, this 45 minutes he was nowhere
I know you watched him at Juve so I know what you expecting of him and yes, he is capable of great things and yes he can play around and go missing in games

But you cant say he was nowhere

Made a few good passes, one almost brilliant throughball and some absolutely amazing skill to get pass 3 players and fore off a shot that was pushed away by the keeper on 50min

dbecks

Executive Member
NOT A F#$% that's one too many responsibilities and his game will go from 1 month worth of good matches to 1 good match the entire season so no thank you
I think some responsibility is what he needs. He plays around at times like one of the young boys on the playing ground - maybe he needs to feel like a senior now and take things more seriously like he does when playing for France. Be a leader to Rashford, Lingard, Martial, Greenwood, Chong, AWB, etc rather than playing around with them as though they playing after school

I think when he plays for France he takes things more seriously, maybe its beacuse its for his country or maybe its because he doesn't have all his United buddies around

dbecks

Executive Member
Well, it's likely because they have been put there the last couple of years.
It seems that they are going to be our strikers this season - So they better learn to interchange with each other when played together

I do think Rashford is the actual striker or will be played in the number 9 position

dbecks

Executive Member
Good evening, trying to find out if MUTV is worth it. Do you use it and would you say it's worth subscribing to?
Most of the league and Europe is on Supersport

They show academy games and Pre-season. I stream pre-season so does'nt bother me to get it. Not sure what you would you it for otherwise

Suspect99

Executive Member
I think some responsibility is what he needs. He plays around at times like one of the young boys on the playing ground - maybe he needs to feel like a senior now and take things more seriously like he does when playing for France. Be a leader to Rashford, Lingard, Martial, Greenwood, Chong, AWB, etc rather than playing around with them as though they playing after school

I think when he plays for France he takes things more seriously, maybe its beacuse its for his country or maybe its because he doesn't have all his United buddies around
Lingard is older than him lol

dbecks

Executive Member
Bailly or Axel to start? I always liked Bailly. I think he is naturally gifted at defending and could be one of the best. HIs only issue is the rashness he can show at times and ofcourse staying fit. As long as the 3 Stooges dont play (Smalling. Jones and Rojo)

Last edited:

fishfly

Honorary Master
I know you watched him at Juve so I know what you expecting of him and yes, he is capable of great things and yes he can play around and go missing in games

But you cant say he was nowhere

Made a few good passes, one almost brilliant throughball and some absolutely amazing skill to get pass 3 players and fore off a shot that was pushed away by the keeper on 50min

So put it simply, OGS wants fast paced fluid passing game so far from he did it for 1 out of 3 (2 45 minute and 1 60 minute cameo).

Generally he slows the ball down and keeps toying with the ball to try beat his opponent - he ends up getting tag teamed and losing the ball - a lot of times in dangerous positions. (This is what we saw in the last 12 matches of the season) Instead of keeping it simple and pass and move he tends to stand wait for the ball and hold it up, create opening and then pass the ball - his movement off the ball is poor as well

Quey_Quick

Expert Member
Bailly or Axel to start? I always liked Bailly. I think he is naturally gifted at defending and could be one of the best. HIs only issue is the rashness he can show at times and ofcourse staying fit. As long as the 3 Stooges dont play (Smalling. Jones and Rojo)
I have always like Bailly, he just has been plagued with injury issues since joining us. Lindelof and Bailly can be our next Vidic and Ferdinand as long as they can stay fit and uninjured.

dbecks

Executive Member
Yeah its frustrating how we go about transfers - it takes so long. I get that we dont want to be bent over and taken for everything but surely we can negotiate abit quicker

Look at the Big Player Big Money Signings of Hazard and Griezzy and how quickly it was done - Imagine the saga if we were in for one of them:ROFL:

Apparently Woodward was on vacation and just returned this week - He is a nob fish:thumbsup:

fishfly

Honorary Master
Bruno Fernandes unlikely to join Manchester United

This is utterly ridiculous. We need a midfielder and he could have been a good fit. It is the same old story over again. We are not able to get signings over the line.

And Ed Woodward is not on tour to "work" on transfers
Perhaps clubs are using United again to get teams to drive up costs on a player

I really fail to see how Fernandes would fit into United with our current lop sided abundance of attackers
https://www.transfermarkt.co.za/bruno-fernandes/profil/spieler/240306

I'm not sure he is the right player to replace Pogba or Herrera, Matic it would be a square peg in a round hole scenario. He is listed as a CAM or a second striker so I assume he will only come if Lukaku leaves - which is not happening

What we need is a RM/RW a Pogba replacement (if he leaves - I believe he will be allowed to leave next year like a Ronaldo scenerio) and less importantly a CB

RM should be priority number 1

Last edited: