Official Manchester United Supporters' Thread Part 4

dbecks

Executive Member
So this Bala story is heating up.

Apparently a swap deal is agreed in principle

Dybala is on holiday but must have been contacted in terms of this deal. Makes no sense they would be travelling to England and knocking out a deal if they havent spoken to him and known what he wants

The whole wanting to stay in Turin is him wanting a chat with Sarri and confirming that is isnt part of the plans for next season

Then its good to go

fishfly

Honorary Master
Hence me labelling them second strikers ... and not primary ones ..
Ya well secondary strikers will end up with what 18 goal/season, given how we City performed last season if Martial, Rashord, Pogba aren't firing we won't be seeing top four this season

dbecks

Executive Member
Ya well secondary strikers will end up with what 18 goal/season, given how we City performed last season if Martial, Rashord, Pogba aren't firing we won't be seeing top four this season
I always thought of them (Martial, Rashford) as doing better from the wings with a proper number 9. But was told that they prefer striking and can do well there and maybe they can

To be fair, last season - we werent playing attacking football. Looks like it could be different this season

Lets hope we can secure Dybala and maybe a combo of 15+ each with the front 3 can get us top four or even the league?

Thirstycurve

So this Bala story is heating up.

Apparently a swap deal is agreed in principle

Dybala is on holiday but must have been contacted in terms of this deal. Makes no sense they would be travelling to England and knocking out a deal if they havent spoken to him and known what he wants

The whole wanting to stay in Turin is him wanting a chat with Sarri and confirming that is isnt part of the plans for next season

Then its good to go
I would think once Sarri tell him he isn't part of his plans and United offer him what he wants the deal should happen.

dbecks

Executive Member
I would think once Sarri tell him he isn't part of his plans and United offer him what he wants the deal should happen.
I would think so

Well, if you look at this logically

The agents and directors would have certainly discussed with Sarri. Get his view of what he wants. Surely they would not come here and negotiate without knowing the direction of the situation - wouldn't make sense to spend that money and time for Sarri and Dybala to come out and say - "sorry but we cool, not sure why you guys went through all this"

I think its just for Dybala to get his exit interview so to speak

dbecks

Executive Member
Manchester United are willing to pay up to £80m for Leicester centre-back Harry Maguire, Sky Sports News understands.
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11774435/manchester-united-willing-to-make-harry-maguire-worlds-most-expensive-defender-at-80m

I'd say just pay it and get it over and done with.
Yep, Its the way of the market - especially with English players. Looking at Sterling, Stones etc

And now with Bailly out for 5 months, I think we can stop the games and get this **** sorted coz its a must now

Thirstycurve

I would think so

Well, if you look at this logically

The agents and directors would have certainly discussed with Sarri. Get his view of what he wants. Surely they would not come here and negotiate without knowing the direction of the situation - wouldn't make sense to spend that money and time for Sarri and Dybala to come out and say - "sorry but we cool, not sure why you guys went through all this"

I think its just for Dybala to get his exit interview so to speak
Well whatever happens today is basically d-day. After talks with Sarri today everything should be cleared up.

dbecks

Executive Member
Well whatever happens today is basically d-day. After talks with Sarri today everything should be cleared up.
But they have a way of making us fans wait like hungry dogs for everything. It will drag like a bitch!

Thirstycurve

DYBALA UPDATE

If Paulo Dybala decides against the move to Manchester United we’ve been told it is likely the deal for Romelu Lukaku would be off as Juventus would struggle to afford a cash-only package at this stage.

We understand Inter Milan officials are monitoring the situation and will consider making another offer should Dybala reject United. However, there are real concerns they can still not get close to United’s asking price.

If Dybala rejects United and the club refuses any new Inter proposal there is a good chance Lukaku would stay in Manchester.

dbecks

Executive Member
DYBALA UPDATE

If Paulo Dybala decides against the move to Manchester United we’ve been told it is likely the deal for Romelu Lukaku would be off as Juventus would struggle to afford a cash-only package at this stage.

We understand Inter Milan officials are monitoring the situation and will consider making another offer should Dybala reject United. However, there are real concerns they can still not get close to United’s asking price.

If Dybala rejects United and the club refuses any new Inter proposal there is a good chance Lukaku would stay in Manchester.
If he stays, then we keep a proven goal scorer and maybe he will adapt to this new style and we benefit. We also showing that we wont be bent over and taken for a ride regarding our players. WE have to pay premium for players, the other clubs must to the same when we sell

cenredash

Expert Member
As some guy on reddit said, its 50m GBP for Maguire and 35m GBP to not see Jones and Smalling again. Great deal.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Remember that Maguire is a CB that likes to get forward on the ball. Don't forget that every other CB on the books is a headless chicken that can't read a game for ****.