Official Manchester United Supporters' Thread Part 4

dbecks

Executive Member
Our transfer window will be considered a good one ONLY IF we get rid of Pogba. Can't stand to watching this dude sabotaging our EPL campaign whenever he's moody. **** that guy.
I hear ya - he can be very frustrating at times as we know what he can do when he wants to. But we cant just get rid of him. He needs replacing if he is to go and there not many if any on his level. So its a very cautious appraoch to him this window. WE might ask him for a season and let him go next time round. Then we can plan properly and get a good season out of him which will definitely leave us challenging for silverware

dbecks

Executive Member
As glad as I am about us signing Maguire and the fact that we must always move forward but I can't help being angry at the club for sticking with Ed for football transfer matters.

Maguire was available last year for less money and for Jose who is arguably a good manager and EW didn't want to spend the money. A year down the line we spend more money sigh.
That guys face alone makes you cringe

Thirstycurve

I hear ya - he can be very frustrating at times as we know what he can do when he wants to. But we cant just get rid of him. He needs replacing if he is to go and there not many if any on his level. So its a very cautious appraoch to him this window. WE might ask him for a season and let him go next time round. Then we can plan properly and get a good season out of him which will definitely leave us challenging for silverware
Would have liked to see him leave this summer but due to his asking price and probably financial fair play Real Madrid/Juve can't afford him his summer. I can't see him staying longer than beyond next season.

The dream move would have been sell Pogba and buy Eriksen.

Splinter

Honorary Master
Our transfer window will be considered a good one ONLY IF we get rid of Pogba. Can't stand to watching this dude sabotaging our EPL campaign whenever he's moody. **** that guy.

Ja sure. The player that Barca were wanting to buy, but can't afford.

Splinter

Honorary Master
As glad as I am about us signing Maguire and the fact that we must always move forward but I can't help being angry at the club for sticking with Ed for football transfer matters.

Maguire was available last year for less money and for Jose who is arguably a good manager and EW didn't want to spend the money. A year down the line we spend more money sigh.
I agree. Although the fact that last season United leaked more goals than since the 1970's might have changed his mind somewhat.

Thirstycurve

Unfortunately I can't see it happening but if someway somehow we could actually complete this deal what a signing it would be.
Screenshot_20190806_140718.jpg

dbecks

Executive Member
Would have liked to see him leave this summer but due to his asking price and probably financial fair play Real Madrid/Juve can't afford him his summer. I can't see him staying longer than beyond next season.

The dream move would have been sell Pogba and buy Eriksen.
Yep, his price is definitely a factor - so we have to get a deal like that done early and re-invest. Its a big loss in the MF regardless of what you think of him and how he can sometimes play

Too late now to get all this sorted

dbecks

Executive Member
Unfortunately I can't see it happening but if someway somehow we could actually complete this deal what a signing it would be.
View attachment 694017
I do love Eriksen - proven EPL. Creative and can fill in that right or number 10

But I think it will take away from us getting Fernandes and I actually prefer that player atm

Thirstycurve

I do love Eriksen - proven EPL. Creative and can fill in that right or number 10

But I think it will take away from us getting Fernandes and I actually prefer that player atm
Don't understand why we are leaving it so late.

fishfly

Honorary Master
Honestly I think Ed Woodnob is toiling again screwing up the market again...

Now wtf are we in for Eriksen? I thought we wanted young fast paced players.... Instead of going for Bruno Fernandes we considering Eriksen?

Last edited:

cenredash

Expert Member
Don't worry, with our new transfer policy next year we'll get Bruno Fernandes at double the price.

dbecks

Executive Member
Don't understand why we are leaving it so late.
I think Dybala came in and stuffed everything up. I dont think he was in the plans but when he became an option, Ed couldnt resist his blockbuster reputation and put everything into securing that. Now after that has all fallen through, we trying to get back to the original plan - Fernandes, but then Eriksen comes into the picture and there we go getting distracted again

dbecks

Executive Member
Honestly I think Ed Woodnob is toiling again screwing up the market again...

Now wtf are we in for Eriksen? I thought we wanted young fast paced players.... Instead of going for Bruno Fernandes we considering Eriksen?
I'm with you fish - not sure what we doing now after we identified what we want but getting sidetracked

newjourno

A top four finish next season will be ideal given the resources at hand. I actually think Fernando Llorente will be a good second choice striker. He has no injury issues and can score an odd goal which is what you need from a second choice striker.

cenredash

Expert Member
A top four finish next season will be ideal given the resources at hand. I actually think Fernando Llorente will be a good second choice striker. He has no injury issues and can score an odd goal which is what you need from a second choice striker.
Obviously you don't expect much from a second striker. My ideal second striker is sitting on our bench. With a suit on.