Official Manchester United Supporters' Thread Part 4

dbecks

Executive Member
You could sense how Defensive Lampard was in his post match interview and I get it. Been a manager for a year then gets the Chelsea job. A club where he was a legend but also a big club for your second job after a year of management - then whack...4-0 to a rival club. He was going to be defensive and highlight the positives of his team (They had control, they hit the bar, they made errors that cost them..etc)

But Martial given the number 9 and getting a poachers goal. Rashford continuing his goal scoring from pre-season. Pogba being handled brilliantly even with all the speculation around him leaving, he gets 2 brilliant assists. The fitness of the boys in that second half of your first game back. Ten years and the Jones and Smalling question was never asnwered and on Sunday Tunzabe was on the bench ahead of them. Its exciting times and we have to believe. Ole and the Boys deserve some credit amongst all this flattery and lucky talk

dbecks

Executive Member
Alot was said of players downing tools last season when they felt like it. Ole wasnt given enough credit for what he brought to the team other than the players happy to play for someone other than Mou at the time. Looking at the games he was in charge last season, its intriguing and could argue players downing tools. Looking at Ole’s record in the League last year we see 12 wins, 4 draws, and 5 losses which is 40 points from 21 games and isn’t great. However the way those points were achieved is interesting. The first 12 games saw 10 wins and 2 draws which is League winning form. Then it all went balls up with a run of 2 wins, 2 draws, and 5 losses which is relegation form. Why play for Ole than down tools again. He did nothing to warrant that, they were winning and looked happy??

Well, word is that Ole likes to play a pressing high energy game. Players were able to sustain that level for the first few games given the new boost of energy and motivation. However, physically, they just werent fit enough to keep it up given the previous training program they were on (think we ran the least of all the teams) and hence the decline.

So we saying that with a full pre-season and the players that fit his philosophy, there is hope. There is also Fergie like comparisons in this set-up which is more hope inspiring. We are looking to play with pace, tempo, workrate, good attacking footy, young hungry players, a British base and promoting youth, Playing with 2 competent CB's and good wingbacks. We had something like 5 academy players on Sunday (When last have you seen that:sneaky:)

Plus the Pogba situation reminds me of Ronaldo. Fergie got one last season out of him and gave him his dream move. And We know how that last season turned out. Like Ronaldo, I believe Pogba has a genuine love for this club regardless of wanting a move - lets see how that turns out. Pogba performs and we are in with a proper shout

Did anyone see how Martial was smiling and pointing to it! He was so happy with the number 9 shirt when it was first handed to him that he even started the "AM9" range. He then sulked after it was taken away from him and look at him now. He has the potential to be a world beater if he is motivated enough - lets see what Ole can do but I believe so far, its in the right direction

The direction of everything looks positive for the first time in a long while

Last edited:

dbecks

Executive Member
Post away. Maguire was immense. Not only that a new signing fitted in so well, but a CB we have been craving for since Ferdi and Vida. If you want to reach those heights of before, class players must be replaced with class players

cenredash

Expert Member
Sorry am in holiday so not able to be online, but my biggest comment on relation to Harry is that he's a proper footballer. How can you tell? He wears black boots.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Sorry am in holiday so not able to be online, but my biggest comment on relation to Harry is that he's a proper footballer. How can you tell? He wears black boots.
Hey I could easily tell him and Lindelof apart cos of the yellow boots

Thirstycurve

Good evening
Where in Pretoria/Centurion can I get player printing for my kit done? I already bought the kit just want the printing done.
Thanks