Official Manchester United Supporters' Thread Part 4

cenredash

Expert Member
It was terrible. We are capable of so much more.
Diamond mid and 2 up front works, so let's try something else.

thestaggy

Honorary Master

This comes a month after Patrice Evra said ''Many people need a good slap'' in an interview, questioning the commitment of the players.

fishfly

Honorary Master
It was terrible. We are capable of so much more.
Diamond mid and 2 up front works, so let's try something else.
I think the problem is OGS has to cater for DVB, Pogba, McTominy, Fred and Matic... so now he thinks if he throws 3 of those players together in midfield something will happen same thing happened against Arsenal but he didn't learn to stick to two formation and style instead he is tweaking and changing each and every match to try nullify the opponents

Tech_

Time for OGS to get sacked, he's in way over his head.
Yes he has got some results, tactics and team selections right in certain fixtures but things aren't improving and failure by Ed Woodward and his cronies to bring the players we needed has not helped.

Tech_

I think the problem is OGS has to cater for DVB, Pogba, McTominy, Fred and Matic... so now he thinks if he throws 3 of those players together in midfield something will happen same thing happened against Arsenal but he didn't learn to stick to two formation and style instead he is tweaking and changing each and every match to try nullify the opponents
Perhaps he and the coaching staff have been so pre-occupied with this conundrum that they forgot to instruct the defenders where they should be positioned when going up for a corner....

Neoprod

Honorary Master
The few minutes we've got to see Cavani, I've been really impressed by how he moves. He's a proper striker which Bruno / whoever is at number 10 should really enjoy playing with.

Wish he was 5 years younger :p

fishfly

Honorary Master
Found this neat vid with annoying music -

I said it before he always gets in excellent positions but he doesn't put away all those chances... again the goal to chance ratio still puts him up there with the best strikers

Shi

Expert Member
Good to see some United players get goals internationally - VDB and Maguire.

Did McT play in defence again for Scotland?

powermzii

Expert Member
Fred has been playing really well lately - still not at the level he was at when we bought him but definitely playing well (expect for that Arsenal game)

fishfly

Honorary Master
Fred has been playing really well lately - still not at the level he was at when we bought him but definitely playing well (expect for that Arsenal game)
Really??? When we bought him he was horrible he was mostly on the bench... and only made 17 league starts in the first season

cenredash

Expert Member
Really??? When we bought him he was horrible he was mostly on the bench... and only made 17 league starts in the first season

He means his youtube shaktar donetsk form! ...

But seriously, he looked like he could step up and it has taken a while. I always hoped he would be the second coming of Ngolo Kante.

The Bruno case is a good one. I think Bruno is playing better with us than when he was with Sporting!

fishfly

Honorary Master
When he was at his former team and we bought him
yeah but he is Brazilian... when has any Brazilian done well for United: Silva twins, 2xDjemba, Anderson, Kleberson, and Possebon... only Fabio was ok but he wasn't good enough either

At least Fred is looking like his worth more than the rest mentioned

cenredash

Expert Member
yeah but he is Brazilian... when has any Brazilian done well for United: Silva twins, 2xDjemba, Anderson, Kleberson, and Possebon... only Fabio was ok but he wasn't good enough either

At least Fred is looking like his worth more than the rest mentioned

2xDjemba ... Classic! But in his defense he is cameroonian.

Rodrigo Possebon ... now that's a name I haven't heard in years. Another great Brazilian hope

Btw, I'm always nervous when there's a fresh United post in my feed during international breaks and I wonder who's going to be out for the next few games for picking up an injury!

thestaggy

Honorary Master
I see Didier Deschamps is once again blaming the club for Pogba's performances.

I wish they would just sell him.

Shi

Expert Member
Good to see some United players get goals internationally - VDB and Maguire.

Did McT play in defence again for Scotland?
You can add Carvani to that list. Wonder how long he will still be playing internationals given his age.

fishfly

Honorary Master
You can add Carvani to that list. Wonder how long he will still be playing internationals given his age.
He is a natural poacher, given the chance to go 1v1 he generally makes the most of it - besides under Uruguay there isn't anyone else near the same level as Cavani.

Pogba - he needs to shape up or GTFO complaining about his lack of game time his position is his own doing, given the chance against ARsenal and what does he do? Gift a soft penalty with a poor tackle - was lucky to stay on the pitch after such a aweful performance.