Official Manchester United Supporters' Thread Part 4

newjourno

Expert Member
I see Didier Deschamps is once again blaming the club for Pogba's performances.

They should sell him.

In the best case scenario, negotiate with Juventus and try and get CR7 back as part of the deal. CR7 just does not seem keen on staying at Juventus, he might just be keen to come back and end things with United.

AtoZ

They should sell him.

In the best case scenario, negotiate with Juventus and try and get CR7 back as part of the deal. CR7 just does not seem keen on staying at Juventus, he might just be keen to come back and end things with United.
CR7 back at United ? With our current manager ? It's hard to see that happening.

newjourno

Expert Member
CR7 back at United ? With our current manager ? It's hard to see that happening.

Ole is not totally responsible for what is happening. It's the board. Even if they replace him with Poch, I don't see much change happening. Van Gaal and Mourinho could not bring significant change.

Woodward is a fantastic businessman but his knowledge of football is not there.

cenredash

Expert Member
Goldbridge does "clickbait" so not gospel. Just wondered what other guys thoughts on it were.

I tend to agree, .. you can't put out quality content when you're putting out 40 minutes 2x a day, and some of the things are "obvious" .... who's our best player? Bruno .. okay, where would he move to? Real or Barca is always on top of everyone's list, let's pick them both. When, next summer .. sounds good, IF Ole doesn't bring in reinforcements/ Win the league ... or wait, drop to Europa. If you put enough out there, some things will stick, and its no more speculation/ worry/ anxiety than your everyday fan won't be able to come up with. Its entertaining to watch when you have time but your point about clickbait explains it.

This isn't TIFO football or stuff like that, its entertainment, hyperbole and no different to rumours about the new Solar Powered Google Pixel Octacore Mousepad with embedded mood enhancing LEDs.

fishfly

Honorary Master
I tend to agree, .. you can't put out quality content when you're putting out 40 minutes 2x a day, and some of the things are "obvious" .... who's our best player? Bruno .. okay, where would he move to? Real or Barca is always on top of everyone's list, let's pick them both. When, next summer .. sounds good, IF Ole doesn't bring in reinforcements/ Win the league ... or wait, drop to Europa. If you put enough out there, some things will stick, and its no more speculation/ worry/ anxiety than your everyday fan won't be able to come up with. Its entertaining to watch when you have time but your point about clickbait explains it.

This isn't TIFO football or stuff like that, its entertainment, hyperbole and no different to rumours about the new Solar Powered Google Pixel Octacore Mousepad with embedded mood enhancing LEDs.
With Covid Real and Barca can't afford any players over 100m mark so pointless to even start such rubbish rumours

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Very typical "back from international break" game...except from Sam Johnstone. Not that we created much.

First home win, boys!

ps. Spurs looked amazing against City - very Mourinho performance.

Lostboy

I'll just take that first win at home, not the best performance but sometimes just winning is what you need, not the way you win.

A few players looked off the pace, definitely the international break in my opinion.

fishfly

Honorary Master
I'll just take that first win at home, not the best performance but sometimes just winning is what you need, not the way you win.

A few players looked off the pace, definitely the international break in my opinion.
I dont understand what do you mean not a very good performance? We had quite a few clear chances but squandered them... well more like Sam Johnston played out of his skin and saved WBA from being 3-0 down at half time

Lostboy

I dont understand what do you mean not a very good performance? We had quite a few clear chances but squandered them... well more like Sam Johnston played out of his skin and saved WBA from being 3-0 down at half time
Defense still had issues for me... apologies but you thought that was a good performance? Am I understanding you right?

I said not the best, I did not say it was a bad performance

Guess I'm the only one that saw de Gea losing his sh.t a few times for the defense

fishfly

Honorary Master
Defense still had issues for me... apologies but you thought that was a good performance? Am I understanding you right?

I said not the best, I did not say it was a bad performance

Guess I'm the only one that saw de Gea losing his sh.t a few times for the defense
Sorry I read it as that was a bad performance, honestly with the players away on int duty and injuries mounting I thought we were ok - we did test Sam Johnston a hell lot more and did unlock the park the bus strategy from WBA. Defence still shaky allowed 2 very good shots on target/post.
Fernandes had a average game but no one else stepped up

Lostboy

Sorry I read it as that was a bad performance, honestly with the players away on int duty and injuries mounting I thought we were ok - we did test Sam Johnston a hell lot more and did unlock the park the bus strategy from WBA. Defence still shaky allowed 2 very good shots on target/post.
Fernandes had a average game but no one else stepped up
No stress bud, I hear you, considering the international break, you are right we did ok.

cenredash

Expert Member
Not sure why our defence is regressing... it's like both Maguire and Lindelof are sleeping at the moment

Wonder if they caught a case of DeGeaitis ... no competition at CB so they just phone in their performances .. the amount of time they're switched off vs switched on is just crazy!

cenredash

Expert Member
We should be be paying them back for the last game ... and ideally the other games go our way .. otherwise we won't quality for the knockouts this week!

Lostboy

Can't help but feel that the home win over the weekend was critical to us getting a result last night, and a good one at that.

The "no win at home cloud" that was hanging over the boys head was affecting them in my opinion.

Hoping the 2 home results will bring more belief and with that hopefully more passionate performances ie not drop our heads when things do not go our way but keep fightinggoimg forward.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
First half really good but that second half, man...a better team would have taken advantage of how we took our foot off the gas.

Bruno's price tag just keeps going in one direction.