Official Manchester United Supporters' Thread Part 4

The Voice

Honorary Master
FA Cup 3rd round draw … home vs Watford … Jan 9-10. Watford are currently 3rd in Championship. Several familiar names in their squad (Welbeck, Cleverley, Ben Foster, etc.)

PS: no replays remember.
Welbs plays for Brighton now.

fishfly

Honorary Master
FA Cup 3rd round draw … home vs Watford … Jan 9-10. Watford are currently 3rd in Championship. Several familiar names in their squad (Welbeck, Cleverley, Ben Foster, etc.)

PS: no replays remember.
Welbeck moved to Brighton Hove and Albion...

cenredash

Expert Member
Yep, we're playing in that zone, just outside off stump, the corridor of uncertainty.

3 games away...

3 draws/losses away from OleOut.
3 wins away from challenging for the title.

We don't know what to expect so we are quietly hopeful of putting together a good run and quietly away from seeing it all go to crap.

fishfly

Honorary Master
Honestly I don't think oleout is even on the cards at this point in time - its not just United but every other team in the epl is playing crap - you have Leeds playing out their skin to try stay up in the premier league. Then you have Arsenal who goes on to beat us - no thanks to Pogba's gift - only to lose the next 3 epl matches... Liverpool on the other hand looks like repeating last seasons form only for Jordan Pickford to break their momentum (VVD) now they looking shaky with their form.

So Ole seems to come to terms with the fact that apart from Captain Maguire, DDG and Fernandes everyone is droppable because we have depth in the squad

cenredash

Expert Member
To Ole Captain Maguire might be undroppable but damn there were times when I wish he was dropped. Phoning in performances just after the Greek Tragedy. Seems to be better now.

Fernandes is undroppable but I do think he needs a rest. Hopefully we get a positive result tonight which means he can at least sit out next week's game. Player management is going to be key, and looking at the fixture list over the next 4 weeks ... 9 GAMES!

Dec
2 PSG CL
5 West Ham
8 Leipzig CL
12 M City
17 Sheffield
20 Leeds
23 Everton EFL
26 Leciester
29 Wolves

6 PL Games .. 18 points up for grabs.
That's 2 more points than we currently have.

fishfly

Honorary Master
To Ole Captain Maguire might be undroppable but damn there were times when I wish he was dropped. Phoning in performances just after the Greek Tragedy. Seems to be better now.

Fernandes is undroppable but I do think he needs a rest. Hopefully we get a positive result tonight which means he can at least sit out next week's game. Player management is going to be key, and looking at the fixture list over the next 4 weeks ... 9 GAMES!

Dec
2 PSG CL
5 West Ham
8 Leipzig CL
12 M City
17 Sheffield
20 Leeds
23 Everton EFL
26 Leciester
29 Wolves

6 PL Games .. 18 points up for grabs.
That's 2 more points than we currently have.
The Leeds Everton Leicester and Wolves match is going to make or break Ole... that's 4 fixtures winnable but all depending on how the team pulls through PSG, City, Sheffield - lets hope Ole gets at least the 1 point needed against PSG tonight so he can rest everyone against Leipzig

cenredash

Expert Member
The Leeds Everton Leicester and Wolves match is going to make or break Ole... that's 4 fixtures winnable but all depending on how the team pulls through PSG, City, Sheffield - lets hope Ole gets at least the 1 point needed against PSG tonight so he can rest everyone against Leipzig

You know what's going to happen, probably beat one of everton leeds and leicester ... and then beat city ....

Agreed though, get that one point tonight ... and we buy ourselves a bit of a breather .. can try out combinations the next week.

Lostboy

All those games looks tough to me, man management is critical, regulars will need to rest at some point, and more than once in between those games in my opinion.

So when you see Messi Lingard and Phil Jones (is he in squad) line up to play, let's not complain lol

fishfly

Honorary Master
All those games looks tough to me, man management is critical, regulars will need to rest at some point, and more than once in between those games in my opinion.

So when you see Messi Lingard and Phil Jones (is he in squad) line up to play, let's not complain lol
Jones isn't even part of the squad

cenredash

Expert Member

Looking forward to Jessinho Lingard getting an extended run

fishfly

Honorary Master
What you guys think of our lineup tonight? I have a feeling OGS might go with a 5-3-2 formation with
Lindelof Maguire and Tuanzebe in a 3 man defence along with AWB and Telles then Mctominy and Fred with Fernandes up front behind Rashford and Cavani

Suspect99

Executive Member
What you guys think of our lineup tonight? I have a feeling OGS might go with a 5-3-2 formation with
Lindelof Maguire and Tuanzebe in a 3 man defence along with AWB and Telles then Mctominy and Fred with Fernandes up front behind Rashford and Cavani
Tuanzabe is banned. So that formation is out

cenredash

Expert Member
I just want him to pick the 11 most committed players, the hardest workers irrespective of the circumstance. But this is Ole, he's going to go Fred and Matic, because he needs Fred's brawn to Matic's brain. He will go conservative with 4231, Rash, Bruno VDB and Cavani upfront. He might bring on Pogba early for VDB, cos that PSG team is just as lazy, so he might actually be a factor.

And of course he won't depart from Lindelof and Maguire at the back, unless Shaw is fit, then he'll try a back three instead, drop VDB. Telles and AWB with Matic and Fred, and two up front with Bruno behind Rash and Cavani.