Official Manchester United Supporters' Thread Part 4

Shi

Expert Member
Great for him, copied from the interwebs
Shaw’s display caught the eye among a host of excellent defensive performances.

We’ve collected five stats from the left-back’s Man of the Match display at Anfield.

– Shaw was tasked with keeping both Mo Salah and Sadio Mane quiet at different points of the game and didn’t disappoint, winning 100% of his tackles.

– The England international recovered the ball eight times and made four defensive clearances at Anfield.

– Shaw also impressed with his passing. He completed 100% of his long passes and recorded an 81% passing accuracy during the game.

– The 25-year-old created two chances for his team-mates – including a golden opportunity for Bruno Fernandes, whose shot was saved by Alisson.

– He helped United become the first away team to keep a Premier League clean sheet at Liverpool since October 2018.

Splinter

Honorary Master
How that wasn't a foul, and a penalty, on Fred is a bit strange. I'm guessing the mind-games about how many penalties United are awarded is working.

Neoprod

Honorary Master
So the top of the table has become a merry-go-round...that's going to be fun o_O

That hit from Pogba though :love:

cenredash

Expert Member
So the top of the table has become a merry-go-round...that's going to be fun o_O

That hit from Pogba though :love:

Pogba contributing on the score sheet ... if only the transfer window was open year round. Transfer-window Pogba is amazing!

Just wondering if I heard correctly. Us going top is the 9th (time or team) that there's a change at the top this season?

cenredash

Expert Member
Wan Bissaka on the other side played him on.

Wan Bissaka had a strange game for me yesterday. Seemed to be sloppier than normal, but then so were the Martial Shaw combination, and they have played many more minutes together than AWB Greenwood.

Pogba Fred and even Fernandes seemed to be on the right quite a bit on top of AWB and Greenwood. Often AWB would get forward but you know they weren't passing to him in advanced positions. I know the balls often weren't on because the amount of bodies for Fulham there. Think the one place where we don't have someone pushing is right back. AWB has been very strong for us defensively though, and nice to know he's only 23 still.

Shi

Expert Member
Wan Bissaka had a strange game for me yesterday. Seemed to be sloppier than normal, but then so were the Martial Shaw combination, and they have played many more minutes together than AWB Greenwood.

Pogba Fred and even Fernandes seemed to be on the right quite a bit on top of AWB and Greenwood. Often AWB would get forward but you know they weren't passing to him in advanced positions. I know the balls often weren't on because the amount of bodies for Fulham there. Think the one place where we don't have someone pushing is right back. AWB has been very strong for us defensively though, and nice to know he's only 23 still.

Yip, lots that needs to be worked on. AWB started badly and seem to give the ball away almost every minute early on in the game. He got better as the game progressed. Martial's thru balls for Shaw was terrible, time and time again. Harry should also be hitting the target more often with his headers (from corners). I do like the tactic used where 2 players run sideways and Harry down the middle for corners (this left him alone for his first header).

cenredash

Expert Member
Yip, lots that needs to be worked on. AWB started badly and seem to give the ball away almost every minute early on in the game. He got better as the game progressed. Martial's thru balls for Shaw was terrible, time and time again. Harry should also be hitting the target more often with his headers (from corners). I do like the tactic used where 2 players run sideways and Harry down the middle for corners (this left him alone for his first header).

Yes, now Maguire just needs to progress to the Intermediate Offensive Heading Course level... and we'll have a dangerous weapon.

Martial also poor at heading shoo. He's got good dribbling skills, a decent first touch, and he is becoming better at protecting the ball. But he's definitely not a heading threat.

Suspect99

Executive Member
Yes, now Maguire just needs to progress to the Intermediate Offensive Heading Course level... and we'll have a dangerous weapon.

Martial also poor at heading shoo. He's got good dribbling skills, a decent first touch, and he is becoming better at protecting the ball. But he's definitely not a heading threat.
Martials last goal , which seems ages ago was a header from a wan Bissaka cross. I think he's only scored 2 goals this season. He's been shocking

Last edited:

cenredash

Expert Member
Martials last goal , which seems ages ago was a header from a wan cross. I think he's only scored 2 goals this season. He's been shocking

When you put it like that how can I argue, 50% of his goals this season came from headers :)

Splinter

Honorary Master
Well, a decent win from United. I think they should have put it away a lot earlier. Cavani was very unlucky. He makes a difference.

Pogba? Aai. I dunno.

Fernandez? The buy of the century.

cenredash

Expert Member
Well, a decent win from United. I think they should have put it away a lot earlier. Cavani was very unlucky. He makes a difference.

Pogba? Aai. I dunno.

Fernandez? The buy of the century.
You mean Man Of The Match Pogba?

We could have put it away earlier but that was a very pleasing result. Team showing a lot of character these days. There's quality but Pogba and Shaw having purple patches. Other times it's been Bruno. Solid from Mctom and an OK game from the other three at the back. Vdb gives a different dimension and really hope he does a season 2 comeback.

Splinter

Honorary Master
You mean Man Of The Match Pogba?

We could have put it away earlier but that was a very pleasing result. Team showing a lot of character these days. There's quality but Pogba and Shaw having purple patches. Other times it's been Bruno. Solid from Mctom and an OK game from the other three at the back. Vdb gives a different dimension and really hope he does a season 2 comeback.
Pogba was man of the match? Hmm. Maybe me seeing him fall over his own feet early on made me a bit biased.

I was thinking Rashford.

cenredash

Expert Member
I was watching the BBC broadcast. They gave him MOTM and I'm the next minute he gave away the foul at the end of the match.

Man was all over the pitch. Pogba is Pogba. He's not a Robson, Keane, Cantona or Scholes. When he is playing like he is this month we're going to win a lot of games because he does make a huge impact.