Official Manchester United Supporters' Thread Part 4

Tech_

Bloody disappointed with that result but I guess we should be considering the high we've been on lately. Personally I could take it if we played well and lost as a team like SU were always going to come an defend like hell but we just played badly on the night.

cenredash

Expert Member
Bloody disappointed with that result but I guess we should be considering the high we've been on lately. Personally I could take it if we played well and lost as a team like SU were always going to come an defend like hell but we just played badly on the night.

Collectively we played badly, and part of it must be fatigue. But I think all clubs have had that. Ours just came a bit later because we started later. Wonder if it will also happen to City, but they seem to be flying on Tuesday. Maybe a bigger squad will help them more.

Ole has managed most people's minutes okay (except Bruno) but Bruno was still working hard despite playing badly. Martial is one of those players that doesn't look like they're even trying when they're playing badly. Not even in a Berbatov doesn't look like they're trying kind of way.

Pogba was okay, and looked like he was wanting to play, but things weren't working with no opportunity for balls over the top, so we didn't create chances.

Can't complain about Sheffield's approach. It worked and it worked well. Three central defenders and three screening midfielders did their job brilliantly all game long.

Big big game this weekend. Will be a good marker to see where we are.

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Collectively we played badly, and part of it must be fatigue. But I think all clubs have had that. Ours just came a bit later because we started later. Wonder if it will also happen to City, but they seem to be flying on Tuesday. Maybe a bigger squad will help them more.

Ole has managed most people's minutes okay (except Bruno) but Bruno was still working hard despite playing badly. Martial is one of those players that doesn't look like they're even trying when they're playing badly. Not even in a Berbatov doesn't look like they're trying kind of way.

Pogba was okay, and looked like he was wanting to play, but things weren't working with no opportunity for balls over the top, so we didn't create chances.

Can't complain about Sheffield's approach. It worked and it worked well. Three central defenders and three screening midfielders did their job brilliantly all game long.

Big big game this weekend. Will be a good marker to see where we are.

City seemed to have already had their patchy run at the start of the season. The rest of the pretenders should be concerned now as City could very well be off in to the distance.

Tech_

We also need to start off better, can't keep going down a goal in opening 20 mins or so and think we the comeback kings and will win as sometimes that doesn't work out.

cenredash

Expert Member
City seemed to have already had their patchy run at the start of the season. The rest of the pretenders should be concerned now as City could very well be off in to the distance.

Yes, although both us and city had the slow start at the beginning of the season. They need to get another slump!

thestaggy

Honorary Master
Yes, although both us and city had the slow start at the beginning of the season. They need to get another slump!

Oh I wish, but that 7 game winning streak and 680 minutes without conceding a goal is of major concern.

cenredash

Expert Member
We also need to start off better, can't keep going down a goal in opening 20 mins or so and think we the comeback kings and will win as sometimes that doesn't work out.

Agreed. I was upset that I wasn't more upset about going to goal behind because we've been doing so well lately.

Needing to go behind to catch a wake up has its place, but not in every game!

Shi

Expert Member

Well, hopefully not. If the rest of the pretenders wants them to run away with it, they will. City (after playing Sheffield Utd and Burnley) have Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham (they are in 4th right now).

cenredash

Expert Member
Oh I wish, but that 7 game winning streak and 680 minutes without conceding a goal is of major concern.

Sidenote: How can I like a comment and hate a comment at the same time?

They look to be in great form. They have coming up
Sheffield, on a high from beating us, although City is a lot more creative in the spaces than we are. (BTW, yesterday's game was one where we were completely dominant in terms of possession, which obviously doesn't suit us).
Burnley, in a bit of form themselves.
Liverpool, hopefully still very desperate to get a run of results going. Although for that game I'd usually be happy with a draw, we kinda need a Liverpool win in this one.

fishfly

Honorary Master
Well, hopefully not. If the rest of the pretenders wants them to run away with it, they will. City (after playing Sheffield Utd and Burnley) have Liverpool, Spurs, Arsenal and West Ham (they are in 4th right now).
I don't see how the current City team is going to drop points they have already gone through their slump - perhaps the CL side distraction will have some effect when it resumes

cenredash

Expert Member
1 point from 6. 5 from 12. Not exactly title winning form.

I did think we'd struggle against Liverpool and arsenal just because I think they have reputations. And so we seem to respect them.

However, I would have been happier with 7 points as a mark of progress. A draw and a loss from the big matches and 2x3 from the Sheffield Burnley ones. But obviously we messed that up. We were going to have another slump at some stage. Let's hope it doesn't last much longer.

fishfly

Honorary Master
Jessie Lindgard joins West Ham on loan

Chong leaves Werder Bremen to join Club Brugge... looks like another one of those talents going to waste...

Dalot on the other hand is doing extremely well for AC Milan and they want to make his deal permanent

Rojo contract may be terminated early

Manchester United youngster Facundo Pellistri is set to join La Liga side Alaves on loan for the rest of the season. Shame looks like Amad Diallo joining has made him redundant... least he will get some 1st team action

Last edited:

Neoprod

Honorary Master
Shame, I'm feeling a little sorry for Southampton. Crap luck with injuries and then that idiotic tackle so early.

Kinda wish it was someone else.

Also, why can't we play with this tempo more often?

cenredash

Expert Member
They need to sub off Bruno at half time. Bloody useless tonight against ten man Southampton. Hasn't had any impact at all.