Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

Haibo...

And me now? I'm "Dutchy" I agree 100% the weak link was Pienaar not Lambie.

Pienaar can make amazing decisions, but moer he have to work through every scenario in his head like three times and only then he passes the ball. He slows down the entire Springbok effort.

When Polly came on he also had FdP not Pienaar feeding ........ it's true what some said on Friday already, if the team does play like shyte, all the dutchmen will be blaming Lambie. I rest my case.

I didn't say he played shyte just that he had a mediocre game, nothing special about his performance, if there is on player that I have to single out it would be JdV when he got the ball the wings never saw it he played shyte

Not singling you out

But there's no denying the team did play shyte and on most rugby sites, there are a good handful laying the loss at Lambies feet and saying how excellent Polly was, completely ignoring that first and foremost, the whole team was pisspoor and secondly, FdP helped Polly look much better than he is. How quickly it's forgotten just how poop Polly is, he even got booed off the damn field he was so bad.

GEESUS?!?!?! WTF?!?!?

/wrist

Care to point out which things he did on Saturday makes you feel so strongly? Our only alternative to him is Le Roux, and if he misses tackle after tackle after tackle after tackle after tackle after tackle after tackle again at the back, I'll be the one slitting my wrists.

He is not an international fullback, end of.

When Polly came on he also had FdP not Pienaar feeding ........ it's true what some said on Friday already, if the team does play like shyte, most of the dutchmen will be blaming Lambie. I rest my case.

If you think he had a good game on Saturday, you maybe need new glasses.

Pointless kicks, badly executed, looked lacklustre when he actually ran.

And enough with the stereotyping - we can all do it if we want, we're just a little more respectful to other opinions to do it here.

Also, if it was a "Dutchman" thing, I'd be supporting Le Roux above Kirchner, not the other way round.

Krusty - Twice in the game he did stupid chips right into Japanese hands, once when we were on the attack, about 23m from their tryline ........ twattery like that and the couple tackles he missed and not being in position = no picking the twat!

Care to point out which things he did on Saturday makes you feel so strongly? Our only alternative to him is Le Roux, and if he misses tackle after tackle after tackle after tackle after tackle after tackle after tackle again at the back, I'll be the one slitting my wrists.

He is not an international fullback, end of.

Le Roux must play against Scotland and USA, they are slower paced teams which will give le Roux his room to regain his stature as number 15 and then to take this momentum into the playoffs.

Kircher is our best I believe, but le Roux on form is a rugby prodigy.

Krusty - Twice in the game he did stupid chips right into Japanese hands, once when we were on the attack, about 23m from their tryline ........ twattery like that and the couple tackles he missed and not being in position = no picking the twat!

Le Roux does that about 5 times a game, and misses as many tackles as well. So who would you pick at fullback, since both have been ruled out?

our one number 15 evidently doesn't know how to attack and the other one doesn't know how to defend. Rock and a hard place...

Le Roux must play against Scotland and USA, they are slower paced teams which will give le Roux his room to regain his stature as number 15 and then to take this momentum into the playoffs.

Kircher is our best I believe, but le Roux on form is a rugby prodigy.

Half a prodigy maybe. When he re-learns to tackle, he may be the real thing again. He didn't seem to have this problem in 2013. What the hell has gone wrong with the oke? Big-headed?

Kolbe a good choice, Mvovo has been better at FB than at wing when he played the position and of course Willie ........ all of them would be before Krusty, hell I'd probably even have a few youngsters from around the country there before Krusty

All eyes on HM if he is going to get rid of the captain JdV. Everyone knows he should. But will he?

HM has shown he doesn't give a damn if we lose against Argentina or in Japan. He just keep selling the pipe dream we are going to win the WC. When we lose he says everyone gave their best, we are unlucky, not disciplined or these things happen. He knows if we lose it benefits him personally as SARU gave him a contract until 2019. If SARU fire him they have to pay him out the 4 years and the result is he'll paid for doing nothing.

Half a prodigy maybe. When he re-learns to tackle, he may be the real thing again. He didn't seem to have this problem in 2013. What the hell has gone wrong with the oke? Big-headed?

or maybe muisneste with the whole Karlien van Jaarsveld thing :whistling:

When I heard that the Sharks signed him, I was happy, because they will properly redevelop him. Willie is from my valley, lots of reasons why we suddenly underperform :whistling:

All eyes on HM if he is going to get rid of the captain JdV. Everyone knows he should. But will he?

This seems to suggest no, he won't. From Supersport.com

Boks defend Jean's captaincy

Springbok assistant coach Ricardo Loubscher came to the defence of under-fire captain Jean de Villiers, expressing his satisfaction with the way the Bok captain has led his side thus far in the Rugby World Cup.

De Villiers has been under heavy fire since the shock defeat at the hands of Japan on Saturday with many calls for Stormers midfielder Damian de Allende to replace him.

But Loubscher said the team management were happy with De Villiers’ form and leadership in this year’s tournament.

“We’re a group of 31 players and any player must be able to play on the day,” Loubscher said.

“In terms of Jean we were very happy with the way he came back after being out for a long time. He did well and we are happy with where he is and as a leader.

“I’m sure he can’t wait to get back out on the field and to right the wrongs of the past weekend”

Whether or not the words should be seen by implication that De Villiers will keep his role as leader of the side and in the midfield waits to be seen, but it is clear the team are closing ranks after the surge of criticism from back home.

Loubscher defended the Bok way of playing as well, and said as a management group they believe not only in each other but in the way they play as well.

“We believe in the way we want to play, our blueprint. We are creating a lot of opportunities,” Loubscher added.

“It is easy to look back and identify those opportunities and talk about it, but under pressure you want to make sure you create those opportunities and finish them.”

“We’re not happy at our performance in the week but hopefully this will bring us closer together as a unit.

“We back the plan, we back the coaches, we’re confident that in our squad of 31 anybody can step in at any time. We’re confident in terms of the way we want to play.

“The focus is to make sure we prepare well as a team and focus on beating Samoa.”

Loubscher said they knew what to expect from Samoa this week and would be ready when the time comes on Saturday.

“They are always a physical side, its always tough to play against them. For us, first things first, is to make sure we measure up in terms of physicality. We want to play the way we want to play, and that is to score tries. They are a physical side, and on Saturday it will be no different.”

The Boks have a number of big questions to answer in the face of the Japanese defeat, not the least in terms of their own play. While Duane Vermeulen may be fit to play, a number of other changes are also expected, with Fourie du Preez expected to return to the starting line-up.

But what coach Heyneke Meyer does in terms of his captaincy, and the midfield, may be the most telling parts of this weekend and how the team responds.

our one number 15 evidently doesn't know how to attack and the other one doesn't know how to defend. Rock and a hard place...

Quite sums up our whole squad currently. We don't have many players that tick all the boxes.

- Kirchner: crap on attack, stable in defence and high ball
- Le Roux: can't tackle. Great on attack and can alternate at 10. Reasonable under high ball, sometimes seems afraid on 1-on-1 in the air.
- Habana: Experienced, but seems off his game and slow.
- Kriel and De Allende together probably our only light point.
- De Villiers: slow, old and huge injury risk. Vast experience though, and I still feel a great leader.
- Mvovo: Really disappeared vs. Japan(lack of workrate?). Positive - one of the fastest wingers we've ever had, but needs space, which Japan didn't allow us.
- Lambie: Not much wrong, but did have a bad game this time.
- Pienaar: The less said the better. He's closer to 0% than 50%.
- Schalk: Old, too light after losing all his muscle. Slow. Only experience counting for him.
- Louw: not bad, fought losing battle alone at breakdowns, but he couldn't be everywhere alone
- Du Toit: Can't fault. Played out of position. A more than sufficient lock.
- Matfield: was old and slow on Saturday. Clearly protecting his old body, which makes him a liability at this stage. Experience again a lot.
- De Jager: decent game and not a total n00b. Definitely first name on the teamsheet next game.
- Jannie Du Plessis: doesn't really ever do anything at scrums. AB's always demolish him, as well as Argentinians.
- Bismarck du Plessis: Great player, but very off the boil in 2015. Very experienced.
- Beast: Much experience. Weak in scrums. High workrate.

Other squad members:
- Pollard: Great talent, can run at the line. But sometimes seems unfocused and uninterested. Not our best bet for world cup.
- Strauss: Looks more like a custard slice than a rugby player. Some good experience though. Not as streamlined and dynamic as most modern hookers.

That sums it up. We don't have many players that you can really say tick 90% of the boxes. Problem is, there aren't really some of them left behind either. We have to cope with what we have, and we don't have what we used to.

When I heard that the Sharks signed him, I was happy, because they will properly redevelop him. Willie is from my valley, lots of reasons why we suddenly underperform :whistling:

Ha! Not under Gary Gold he won't. He was better off staying where he was.

Back