Official Rugby World Cup 2015 Thread

De Villiers - biggest culprit from Saturday retains his spot. Looks like winning is not Meyer's #1 priority :mad:

Biggest culprit? There are at least 10 others that you can point the finger at that were equally bad, or worse.

12038251_10154253306037782_8260623739408179666_n.jpg

Honestly thought Schalk Brits was never going to see game time.

Dropping Bismarck completely is a big move.

Will be interesting so see how Vermeulen goes after the injuries of late.

Biggest culprit? There are at least 10 others that you can point the finger at that were equally bad, or worse.
There were many bad performances, his included, but as the leader of the team he failed dismally so that's why I pick him as worst performer.

Hahaha. I love how so many Bok fans are still delusional about the quality of players we currently have in this country.

Don't keep setting yourself up for disappointment.

So what you are telling me in the squad that HM selected for the RWC there are no one in that same squad that is better than de Villiers, Matfield or Pienaar? :confused:

So what you are telling me in the squad that HM selected for the RWC there are no one in that same squad that is better than de Villiers, Matfield or Pienaar? :confused:

There is. But that much better so that we can suddenly beat Japan by 50 or Samoa by 30 as many believe we should? I don't think so. We can maybe go from a 6.0/10 on a best day to a 6.5/10 if we choose all the best players purely based on form - not much better.

Fourie du Preez over Pienaar would be most of that improvement. The rest is little here, little there. Obviously De Villiers not being match fit isn't helping, but how's that gonna improve if he's not playing at all?

Not convinced at all that only 2 people should be the fall guys.

Glad that Schalk Brits is in the team! He'll be crucial in upping the pace when he comes on.

-%2fmedia%2f4E3B26B50D284EB5B969500E4BA97275.ashx%3fas%3d1%26h%3d1152%26w%3d700;wa6ef4028df8d3b02d

Probably close to the best side we can muster out of the squad at the moment.

-%2fmedia%2f4E3B26B50D284EB5B969500E4BA97275.ashx%3fas%3d1%26h%3d1152%26w%3d700;wa6ef4028df8d3b02d

Probably close to the best side we can muster out of the squad at the moment.
Handre Pollard? He can't tactically kick to save his life.

Jean De Villiers. He is too slow. If he could offload like Sonny Bill maybe but he can't. So he ends up taking the ball up depriving the wings of the ball. He's also become a liability in defense becoming too slow.

Burger is OK as a reserve but otherwise if he starts when he gets frustrated he starts committing offences like offside and high tackles. This could cost us in a possible quarter final. He should have gotten a yellow card during the Japan match.

Matfield. Lucky to be in the team.

There is. But that much better so that we can suddenly beat Japan by 50 or Samoa by 30 as many believe we should? I don't think so. We can maybe go from a 6.0/10 on a best day to a 6.5/10 if we choose all the best players purely based on form - not much better.

Fourie du Preez over Pienaar would be most of that improvement. The rest is little here, little there. Obviously De Villiers not being match fit isn't helping, but how's that gonna improve if he's not playing at all?

Not convinced at all that only 2 people should be the fall guys.

I am not saying that the problem is only the 3 I mentioned, but like what was said previously the guys in the Bok-camp are not happy and what message does it send to the other guys especially to Kriel or Lood? "Jesse(Lood) you had a kark game, but we will be sticking with JdV(Matfield) that had an even karker game than you" Loyalty means Jack Schite to me, this is a World Cup play the best team damn it.

This team is much better suited, though the backline combination error is still there. We need to play Kriel and de Allende, or play them together against Scotland.

There are also still people thinking 15-man rugby, those days are long over. The bench isn't the hospital anymore, you play 22/23-men on match day.

I wish the Springboks all the best. Samoa won't be easy, ask New Zealand.

Handre Pollard? He can't tactically kick to save his life.

Jean De Villiers. He is too slow. If he could offload like Sonny Bill maybe but he can't. So he ends up taking the ball up depriving the wings of the ball. He's also become a liability in defense becoming too slow.

Burger is OK as a reserve but otherwise if he starts when he gets frustrated he starts committing offences like offside and high tackles. This could cost us in a possible quarter final. He should have gotten a yellow card during the Japan match.

Matfield. Lucky to be in the team.

Based on the weekend, neither can Lambie.

I am not saying that the problem is only the 3 I mentioned, but like what was said previously the guys in the Bok-camp are not happy and what message does it send to the other guys especially to Kriel or Lood? "Jesse(Lood) you had a kark game, but we will be sticking with JdV(Matfield) that had an even karker game than you" Loyalty means Jack Schite to me, this is a World Cup play the best team damn it.

agreed this is not the time to be sentimental

Back